Morten Nielsen

the wes

Two clubs from the Danish top-flight are believed to be tracking Chelsea starlet Morten Nielsen.

The striker is expected to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the current campaign after failing to force his way into the Blues' first-team plans.

He signed professional forms with the London giants in 2007, but has been restricted to academy and reserve outings since.

The 18-year-old's father, Benny, believes the time is right for Morten to accept a new challenge and feels a return to his homeland would be the most logical option.

"There are two Danish teams that have shown an interest," he told Sporten.

"He is an SAS League (Danish top-flight) standard now, so a move to Denmark would be interesting."

Benny Nielsen also refused to rule out the possibility of a move going through in January, with the Chelsea youngsters currently enjoying their winter break.

"Training starts again on 2nd January so we'll have a talk with Frank Arnesen (Chelsea's sporting director)," he added.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you rate Frank Nouble and fabio borini esk. My opinion of nouble is he is too tall and strong to be a winger

but he is really skillful. fabio needs to learn how too finish in my opinion his record is shocking.

Fabio Borini needs to learn how to finish? The lad has been knocking them in for fun this season:

Frank Nouble hasn't really played as a winger this season. He has been playing as centre forward, and like Borini has been banging them in. His speed and ability on the ball means he can play as a winger, but without doubt his best position is centre forward and he is relishing that role this season.

Last season Fabio Borini could not score for shit 5 goals in 16 i think i have not watched him recently though.

Foreign young players take time to settle in, Borini did struggle a bit last season but this season he has been flying and is becomming a quality striker, him and Nouble are fighting it out to score the most goals.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Dutch champions AZ Alkmaar have snapped up former Chelsea youngster Morten Nielsen.

The Danish starlet is available on a free transfer having been released by the Blues earlier this month.

The 19-year-old has put pen-to-paper on a two-year deal with AZ after passing a medical on Monday.

He is now hoping to force his way into Ronald Koeman'sspacer.gif first-team plans and make more of an impression in Holland than he did in England.

"It is a big challenge that awaits me over the coming years," Nielsenspacer.gif told Ekstra Bladet.

"But that is exactly what I wanted.

"AZ believe in me and Ronald Koeman has said that he will play me."

Hope he does well. When i first saw Nielson i saw a lot of potential for him to be a good striker for us. He never really kicked on from there and could never really find himself at Chelsea. That coupled with the fact of us bringing through some top attacking talent (Borini, Nouble, Mitrovic, Prosenik) showed that it was time for him to move on.

AZ Alkmaar have completed the signing of Danish youngster Morten Nielsen from Chelsea.

The 19-year-old has been on trial with the Eredivisie champions for two weeks and impressed enough to warrant a two-year contract.

The Denmark Under-18 international joined the Blues in 2005 and signed professional forms in 2007 but failed to make the breakthrough at Stamford Bridge.

AZ technical director Marcel Brands is confident the club will give the forward the platform he needs to improve his game.

"During the trial he made a good impression," he told the club's official website.

"AZ gives him the chance to develop himself further in Alkmaar."

done deal

I don't quite get how this whole thing works on this point in the site. I mean when we have signed a player the topic is closed and moved, but when we lose a player the topic goes on and on. How can it be transfer talk if he isn't apart of the Chelsea squad in anyway? Meh, just MO. :P

Anyway, i guess he had potential but never actually impressed ayone.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You