Florent Malouda

Madmax

Chelsea gave more to Malouda than he ever gave to us. He had a chance to play football elsewhere and that was made clear, but instead he chose to sit, watch and collect his huge wages. Nobody feels for him and rightly so.

I can only laught at these 'money-grubbing cunt' posts. He signed a contract like every other employee does, nothing else. If anything Chelsea should be blamed for giving him such a contract and dealing so badly with the situation they are in now.

if Chelsea did something wrong I bet few players would cause an uproar just like they did with Alex and Anelka.

Doubt it...what's left of the old guard is desperately trying to hang on, and creating an uproar won't improve their chances.

I'm not sure what exactly happened with club and Malouda, but if I had to guess, they tried to get rid of him in the summer transfer window and he manged to stick on for another season.

Fine, the club have the right to get angry.... but tossing him in the reserves to prove a point doesn't help anyone....

I don't see a problem. Everything is correct, the club decided they didn't need him anymore and gave him an option to leave during the summer. He decided to stay and fair enough because he has every right to as per the contract, but the club doesn't have to play him just because of that. If they don't need him, then they don't need him. He was written off before the season began and it shouldn't come as a surprise to him or anyone else that he's nowhere to be seen anymore.

Last season we all wanted him to fuck off, I mean he was so bad people literally preferred Kalou over him. He's still on payroll, true, that's a slight miscalculation by the club, but I for one am glad he's practically gone and we can put the horror show known as Kalouda to bed.

He decided in the summer that he wants to stay here and not play instead of taking a pay cut and playing in Brasil. He has the right to stay here and see out his contract but he doesn't have the right to moan about it since it was his decision.

Why not submit a youngsters name? If malouda is leaving it would make no sense in submitting his name at this point..

afaik, u21's don't need registering.

--

Also, I'm in favour of Malouda here. Yes he's had the opportunities to leave, however Chelsea's treatment of him has been appalling. He's said after he moves he will reveal all of what Chelsea has been doing to drive him out and I'll look forward to reading because it really does seem like they've made life hell for him. The fact is, if Chelsea did want to release him they can just buy him out of his contract. They're trying to save face by forcing Malouda out and anyone here can see the Frenchman can be a good squad player till the end of his contract. He's hardly Bogarde, because he's not the one who gave him a contract extension to keep him here this long!

I'm also baffled that we're talking about Malouda picking up a weekly wage packet when we've got players like Ferriera doing the same thing........