Alex

Milan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sell Carvalho tbh. He's not getting any younger and is persistently injured. As much as I love the player, there's a time when every player can be replaced. I personally rate Alex as a defender who is just as good as Carvalho, in all honesty.

I'd sell Carvalho tbh. He's not getting any younger and is persistently injured. As much as I love the player, there's a time when every player can be replaced. I personally rate Alex as a defender who is just as good as Carvalho, in all honesty.

How do you rate both same?

Carvalho is a pacy defender who does the dirt work. Alex is typicaly a very similar defender to JT and lacks pace. Ivanovic is another Pacy Defender. Since JT cannot be replaced, Id replace Alex.

Carvalho is a pacy defender who does the dirt work. Alex is typicaly a very similar defender to JT and lacks pace. Ivanovic is another Pacy Defender. Since JT cannot be replaced, Id replace Alex.

Warnie you have to look at age as well carvalho is our best defender but also the oldest. Ivanovic is young and pacy and so is mancienne alex is 26 and a monster. So its hard but i would say sell carvalho for 8 million and get a young pacy forward like henri saviet. Then use branislav and terry as the centre backs next season.

Next season !

Mancienne (21 years old) Alex da costa (26 years old)

Branislav ivanovic (25 years old) John terry (28 years old)

This will give us the correct blend of pace power and age. Sorry carvalho your the odd one out.

Edited by Badboy

They're different defenders, but they have their own strengths. Carvalho is faster and has better positional judgement, but Alex is stronger and better aerially.

I have to agree that perhaps it is time to let go of Riccy, his age and his injuries make it very difficult for him to be consistent when he does play. Dont get me wrong he is one of the best players we have ever had but it would just be such a shame to let go of either Alex or Ivanovic who will be world class players to keep Carvalho for another 2 or 3 years if even that. Remember we have Mancienne as well so it just really makes a lot of sense that we let Riccy go to me

I have to agree that perhaps it is time to let go of Riccy, his age and his injuries make it very difficult for him to be consistent when he does play. Dont get me wrong he is one of the best players we have ever had but it would just be such a shame to let go of either Alex or Ivanovic who will be world class players to keep Carvalho for another 2 or 3 years if even that. Remember we have Mancienne as well so it just really makes a lot of sense that we let Riccy go to me

you forgot about Slobodan Rajković!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You