Ashley Cole

Aesthetic Relic

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Real Madrid want to conclude their summer transfer business by capturing Ashley Cole and Steven Gerrard.

Real director general Jorge Valdano yesterday said they intend to bring in two more players, following the arrival of Argentina winger Angel di Maria from Benfica in a £20million deal.

The Spanish giants will now step up their efforts to sign the Premier League pair following England’s exit from the World Cup and could even try to finalise deals before Mourinho starts work in earnest on July 14.

Sportsmail understands that Real sent Chelsea a formal document registering their interest in Cole before the World Cup and are now set to follow up with a firm bid in the region of £25m.

Real have already made an offer of £20m for Gerrard, rated at £35m. But with Liverpool saddled with debts of £472.5m, any increased offer for their skipper will be hard to resist.

---------------------------------------------------

Source:- The Daily Mail

---------------------------------------------------

Jesus!! Real Madrid is like a fly.... it doesn't fucking go away while it pesters you some more!!

FUCK OFF MADRID!!!

Knowing Mourinho's love for both players I'm willing to believe RM's interest but don't think they'll get either one.

Also 25m(albeit £) for Cole is ridiculous considering the fact that Ramos was priced around 40m.

Knowing Mourinho's love for both players I'm willing to believe RM's interest but don't think they'll get either one.

Also 25m(albeit £) for Cole is ridiculous considering the fact that Ramos was priced around 40m.

Cole has 2-3 years left in him

Ramos has 7-8 - It's quite justified

ok??

Cole is English, Ramos isn't!!

We've already got rid of one Englishman at the club... I'm not prépared to see another one leave <_<

Haven't the English proved already there not good enough - I'm all for having English at the club but if there not very good I'm not. I'm not saying Ashley Cole is bad....I'm saying Joe Cole was. If there is better players available that are foreign, bring them in.

If a decent offer comes in and we push it up a bit I'd happily accept it.

Edited by we hate scouse

Haven't the English proved already there not good enough - I'm all for having English at the club but if there not very good I'm not. I'm not saying Ashley Cole is bad....I'm saying Joe Cole was. If there is better players available that are foreign, bring them in.

Joe Cole wasn't "bad".. He just wanted more money (probably) whistling.gif

But that's off topic, Ramos is having a good world cup, but he's a right back. Needless to say, we have 2 good able right-back and a surplus of central defenders. Ashley Cole is the best left-back in the world, Zhirkov is not an ideal replacement (no offence to his talent).

Dude, I'm not saying Ashley is bad either, what I'm saying however, is that I just fear next season for our participation in the Champions League. I'm not sure how true this is, but rules are going to state soon that clubs will need to have at least 7 home grown players in their squad.

We're going to end up with a completely foreign squad, and Platini will have to think about whether or not we should compete in the competition. I'm all up for bringing in the likes of Aguero/Silva etc. to the club, but at least bring in some English blood as well, albeit players from our youth academy... Hutchinson, Mancienne, maybe a good bid for Milner.. etc.

We're going to end up with a completely foreign squad, and Platini will have to think about whether or not we should compete in the competition. I'm all up for bringing in the likes of Aguero/Silva etc. to the club, but at least bring in some English blood as well, albeit players from our youth academy... Hutchinson, Mancienne, maybe a good bid for Milner.. etc.

Thing is, by UEFA's definition.. Home-grown means

‘Home-grown players’ are defined by UEFA as players who, regardless of their nationality or age, have been trained by their club or by another club in the national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. The UEFA rule does not contain any nationality conditions. It also applies in the same way to all players and all clubs participating in competitions organised by UEFA.

Key term here: "regardless of their nationality"

it was on Goal.com that I first read the BENAYOUN rumour and guest what it turned out to be.

Just hope that Ash doesnt leave.

I know, but most of the time they just come up with pure shit, to create a frenzy. An awful website really.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You