Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

I haven't seen this any where so I thought I'd post it.

Tendonitis forces Chelsea defender David Luiz out of Brazil friendly against Germany

Chelsea defender David Luiz will not be fit to take part in Brazil's showpiece friendly against Germany in Stuttgart on Wednesday.

Luiz, who represented his country in the recent Copa America in Argentina, has a minor knee problem and will now focus on ensuring his full fitness for the start of the Premier League season next week.

"Defender David Luiz, who has tendonitis in his left knee, is unavailable for the Brazilian national team's friendly against Germany," read a statement on the Brazilian football federation website.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas acknowledged the problem followingthe club's 3-1 friendly win over Rangers on Saturday afternoon but does not believe it is too serious.

"David Luiz should get back to training soon," he told Chelsea's official website. "He felt a slight pain in his knee in his first training session after he came back.

"It's something he didn't feel in the Copa America and it's not the reason why he didn't play. That was just the manager's decision.

"But he's only had half-an-hour training with us, although he should get back this week to full training."

Chelsea begin their season with a trip to the Britannia Stadium to face Stoke City next Sunday.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres has a I ankle injury and has been taken off in the spain match against italy according to Sky.

Latest reports say that it was a concussion, that he was taken of as a precaution and that he's feeling fine now. They are gonna take him to a CAT scan just to make sure.

Torres has a I ankle injury and has been taken off in the spain match against italy according to Sky.

Spanish TV reporting he has a concussion and is getting a CAT scan to make sure he's ok.

Latest reports say that it was a concussion, that he was taken of as a precaution and that he's feeling fine now. They are gonna take him to a CT scan just to make sure.

Said he was initially a little confused but now doing well.

TVE news: Fernando is out of the hospital. Everything's alright.

On the other hand, our injuries are mounting. We will be without David Luiz, Ivanovic and possibly Mikel. Alex is not even fit for the game as he has had very short preseason with the rest of the team.