Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

Man, this one hurts. As I type this my daughter is sleeping on the couch after having her acl reconstructed this morning (this is her second one). She's doped up (thank God!), bandaged up, thigh to ankle knee brace on. I read this thread with more than a little personal interest. My daughter is a center mid like Essien and like Essien her luck with injuries has been absolute sh*t. If it weren't for bad luck she'd have no luck at all.

From personal observance, the mind is willing but the body sometimes isn't. Knee stiffness, over compensation on other body parts to protect the knee resulting in little aggravating injuries of other parts, performance inconsistency, mental block over possible reinjury. For us, it was a year after getting back out on the field (not surgery) before she finally felt 100%.

I wish Essien the best of luck. My daughter's surgeon asked this morning if she was ready to give up football. I said not yet. He said "it's hard to have it taken away from you". For Essien's sake I hope it's not taken away from him and I hope to seem him back on the pitch again.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this one hurts. As I type this my daughter is sleeping on the couch after having her acl reconstructed this morning (this is her second one). She's doped up (thank God!), bandaged up, thigh to ankle knee brace on. I read this thread with more than a little personal interest. My daughter is a center mid like Essien and like Essien her luck with injuries has been absolute sh*t. If it weren't for bad luck she'd have no luck at all.

From personal observance, the mind is willing but the body sometimes isn't. Knee stiffness, over compensation on other body parts to protect the knee resulting in little aggravating injuries of other parts, performance inconsistency, mental block over possible reinjury. For us, it was a year after getting back out on the field (not surgery) before she finally felt 100%.

I wish Essien the best of luck. My daughter's surgeon asked this morning if she was ready to give up football. I said not yet. He said "it's hard to have it taken away from you". For Essien's sake I hope it's not taken away from him and I hope to seem him back on the pitch again.

I hope Essien & her do not give up.

It's a horrible injury to have, as you've described and to have the surgery on it more than once must be even more must be very demoralizing. Hopefully they both have to have this surgery on for the last time and they can carry on doing what they love.

Guest justin_3d

I love Essien a lot, and wish he would stay with us for a long time, but as I said in the past, once injuries recover in six months, and if he does good, then he will have to be sold next season.

This has gone long enough. Weather it's next season, or the season following that, Essien will have to be sold.

Does not matter if he has a phenomenal recovery after 6 months and help us win at the end.

I love Essien a lot, and wish he would stay with us for a long time, but as I said in the past, once injuries recover in six months, and if he does good, then he will have to be sold next season.

This has gone long enough. Weather it's next season, or the season following that, Essien will have to be sold.

Does not matter if he has a phenomenal recovery after 6 months and help us win at the end.

Unfortunately I agree.

We can only hope he recovers and has a chance of getting to play elsewhere at a good level of play.