Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

Started by BlueLion.,

654 posts in this topic

Update:

John Terry is fit for tomorrow's game and is included in the squad. John Mikel Obi also returns after serving his suspension. Carvalho sits out and will miss Sunday's trip to Anfield also. Drogba is in the squad.

Pity about Carvalho but good to know Terry is back, just gives me a little bit confidence about our defense !

Cechs out for tommrow

Luiz Felipe Scolari has ruled goalkeeper Petr Cech out of the Hull City game on Saturday due to a back injury.

'In the game against Liverpool some player kicked him in the back, he completed the game, but after this he feels a lot of pain and it is impossible to play tomorrow, and I think with the national team on Wednesday,' said the manager, who confirmed Hilario will deputise.

'I believe in Hilario because he is a very good goalkeeper, it is not a problem for us. I have a good squad and I believe in all the players, it is not a problem.'

Shit. I knew as soon as the window got shut that Cech would be injured :lol: Typical or what, but Hilario is a good goalkeeper and I have faith in him. His weak point is crosses, though, so JT and Alex need to be on top form.

Salomon Kalou is likely to be ruled out after the Ivorian forward hurt his ankle in a friendly with Manchester City in midweek. Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti are also doubtful as they are suffering from flu.

Injured Chelsea winger Yuri Zhirkov has dismissed speculation that he needs surgery on his right knee.

The Russian has missed the start of the Blues' Premier League campaign because of a knee injury aggravated on the club's pre-season tour of America.

Reports in his home country have suggested Zhirkov, who switched to the Blues in an £18million transfer from CSKA Moscow in the summer, needs surgery to cure the problem.

But the winger, who turned 26 on Thursday, hopes to resume training in the next few days, although he is unlikely to be in contention for a return to competitive action until Chelsea's clash with Burnley on 29th August.

Not reality

He said: "I don't know who spread these rumours, but they don't correspond to reality.

"My condition has improved and the doctors say that in two or three days I will be able to return to training, although not fully. I'll work on an individual programme.

"I was feeling pain and noticeably limping when running, but now that's behind me. I just need to tone up the leg."

Sky Sports

Joe Cole will return to full-scale training at Chelsea next week.

Cole, 27, has not played since rupturing cruciate ligaments in an FA Cup tie at Southend in January. He suffered a setback in pre-season and needed another small operation but is now ready to fight for a place in Carlo Ancelotti's team.

Cole's team-mate Paulo Ferreira, who injured cruciate ligaments in training in February, also expects to return to training next week.

tribalfootball.com

Chelsea's fitness concerns surrounding Didier Drogba have subsided with the news that the striker only suffered cramp during Sunday's game against Tottenham Hotspur.

didierdrogba20090920injured_275x155.jpgGettyImages

Didier Drogba lies in pain after sustaining an injury against Spurs.

Drogbawas forced off in the second half at Stamford Bridge when he pulled upfollowing a shot and was stretchered off in evident pain.

With atally of five goals in six Premier League games so far this season, thesight of Drogba being substituted was a worrying one for Chelsea fansdespite the 3-0 win extending their 100% record to six games.

But examinations of Drogba's problematic calf have calmed fears regarding a nasty injury for the Ivory Coast international.

"He had the most horrendous bout of cramp," assistant manager Ray Wilkins told the club's official website.

Meanwhile, Chelsea have also confirmed that Joe Cole and Yuri Zhirkov will both be handed their first starts of the season in Wednesday night's Carling Cup tie against QPR.

Colehas not played since suffering knee ligament damage in January whilesummer signing Zhirkov has so far been denied a debut due to a kneecomplaint.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=678571&cc=5739

The latest from physioroom.com

A Deco..........Groin Strain........9th Jan 10

N Anelka........Hamstring Injury....9th Jan 10

M Essien........Hamstring Injury....9th Jan 10

J Bosingwa......Knee Injury.........30th Jan 10