Chelsea vs Newcastle

BlueLion.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck sake....Perfect opportunity to get a few points clear at the top and we blow it. Manu have to play now knowing that a win will bring them within touching distance of us and the Scousers. We ant afford to drop points at home if we are to be serious about going for the title. Thats result was pathetic today. Everything up to the last thrid was good, then we seemed to get football amnesia. We didnt know wtf wewere doing at times. Just hoofed the ball into the box and the Newcastle defenders dealt with it no problem.

Not a very happy bunny right now. <_<

As above. An incredibly frustrating game, the performance was poor in an attacking sense and Newcastle were good value for their point, in all honesty. Credit where its due - they were the better team and competed well. Luckily with Liverpool drawing aswell, we stay top. Not that we deserve to be.

Just thinking back over the game.

Does anyone feel that game had Drogba written all over it ?

As good as Anelkas form has been, again its been highlighted that we need a striker who can bully defenders when its tight like it was today. I cant help feel that Drogba would have got us 3 points today.

I think it was a match in the Chelsea attack that he could not set well in front of a team that was shut down completely.

While Chelsea is a team that plays well collectively, individually you need a player to break defenses closed. I think that Scolari thinks the Robinho for that job.

It's just an opinion.

Edited by chelseafc

I agree with Scolari,they came for a draw and they got it.

We tried,mean we battered them for the 2nd half and just werent happening.The Given leaps over the line and yet..maybe just looked more over then was but :(

But all in all,not such a bad result considering none of the top 4 won or even scored

Frustrating result, we just weren't able to stick it away. Newcastle did well what they came here to do so credit to them, we just weren't able to break them down. Two things that made the difference. 1 - Shay Given. saving Lampard's header was crucial. If that went in I reckon we would've steamrollered them. 2 - lack of Drogba, as TriBlue or BlueLion have said, he could have made the difference.

But we've got lucky cause none of the top 4 or even Villa won. So just learn from it and move on.

Poor game!! Like Tri-Blue already stated, this was a perfect chance to get one over on Liverpool and go ahead on points, but Newcastle simply parked the bus in front of the goal and there was nothing we could do about it. Frustrating game.

It's also very annoying, that a game which seemed easy to get a win for teams that have played Newcastle prior to today, has seemed to be a frustrating one for us. (Except United drawing 1-1 with them at home at the beginning of the season)

I think we should have played them while they had bad form and were under turmoil. I don't think this was a good time because Joe Kinnear probably had given them belief, and a good string of results.

Still, no excuse. Liverpool and United drawing blank, we should have capitalised on this with a goal, chance wasted!! Not happy!!

Looking back, we did everything right but score. Just one of those days in front of goal, I guess. The home form is certainly stuttering now. 3 wins from 7 isn't good enough. We can't afford to rely on our away form to keep us top of the league, we really have to win at least 10 of our 12 remaining home fixtures.

It could've been worse.We could've drawn and everyone else won just won of those things

And tbh we played Spurs when they were crap and drew them lol,just one of those days,14 shots on target.Could've played all night and not scored..not one that counted anyway no doubt