test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TomCFC

Michael Ballack

Started by TomCFC,

187 posts in this topic

Ballack was one of the reasons Lamps scored so many goals and assists. He gave up the attacking side of his game to stabilize the midfield and allow Lamps do what he does best.

And don't forget he was probably even better at attacking than Lamps. That Manchester United game at Old Trafford being the biggest example.

The Skipper likes this

Ballack was one of the reasons Lamps scored so many goals and assists. He gave up the attacking side of his game to stabilize the midfield and allow Lamps do what he does best.

And don't forget he was probably even better at attacking than Lamps. That Manchester United game at Old Trafford being the biggest example.

One of my favourite performances by a CFC player ever. Class act.

silviupastean likes this

For a period during that season we were without Lamps, Terry and Drogba. He was captain for a run of games and you really saw him thrive on the responsibility, as he literally carried the team for a few games.

The Skipper likes this

For a period during that season we were without Lamps, Terry and Drogba. He was captain for a run of games and you really saw him thrive on the responsibility, as he literally carried the team for a few games.

He was a natural leader for club and country, perhaps a better candidate for the captains armband than Dider and Frank when JT wasn't fit if he had been here for 5-10 years!

Wonder what Ballack was thinking during the CL final.

I wondered whom he was rooting for. He did after all play for both sides. But if memory serves, his time at Munich wasn't his favorite part of his career.

Ballack said before the match that he thought Bayern would win because of the advantage of playing at home. He said he personally couldn't lose with whomever won the final. However I feel that he would have secretly preferred Chelsea. He lost a champions league final here, not to mention other heartache in the competition, and knew how much it meant to this club having never won it before.

There were also a lot more players in the Chelsea team who were former teammates than in the Bayern team, and I'm pretty sure he is held in greater regard amongst our fans than he is with the Bayern fans.

Beirut_Blues likes this

I'm so so happy that i was at the Byern Leverkusen game last season in the Champions League group game where Ballack was greeted with a fantastic reception from our fans. A proper send of.

Then i virtually jumped out of my seat and ran down onto the pitch to judo chop him when he nearly scored haha!

Ballack is probably the only German player I can tolerate, what a geeza!

jmarlow likes this

I still have dreams at night of how our midfield could have looked in 2007 if we had actually signed Gerrard as well

Cech

Ferreira Terry Carvalho Cole

Makalele

Ballack Lampard Gerrard

Drogba Schevchenko

sigh...

I still have dreams at night of how our midfield could have looked in 2007 if we had actually signed Gerrard as well

Cech

Ferreira Terry Carvalho Cole

Makalele

Ballack Lampard Gerrard

Drogba Schevchenko

sigh...

When you look at the names...lovely...but I doubt that would've worked...midfield trio is too similar and Drogba and Sheva partnership...

I'm so so happy that i was at the Byern Leverkusen game last season in the Champions League group game where Ballack was greeted with a fantastic reception from our fans. A proper send of.

Then i virtually jumped out of my seat and ran down onto the pitch to judo chop him when he nearly scored haha!

Ballack is probably the only German player I can tolerate, what a geeza!

Ballack is one of the ALL TIME great guys ....footballer and gentleman .....think how lucky we've been .. to have had Ballack ,Zola and Vialli

Ballack is one of the ALL TIME great guys ....footballer and gentleman .....think how lucky we've been .. to have had Ballack ,Zola and Vialli

And Drogba!

Drogba did stupid things at times ,,, The three I mentioned never did.

Drogba's header to send the CL final into extra time alone gives him Legendary status. Drogba's goals along that rocky road won us the Champions League, of course with many other factors i.e. Cech and Cole but if it wasn't for Drogba we wouldn't be European Champions a feat that no other player at Chelsea had achieved until DDA pulled it off. Not to mention the F.A. Cup final winners he scored and countless goals he scored in big games for us! He truly was an astonishing player for us and I believe it would be ridiculously disrespectful to not place him within the same brackets as Vialli, Zola and certainly Ballack!

Drogba's header to send the CL final into extra time alone gives him Legendary status. Drogba's goals along that rocky road won us the Champions League, of course with many other factors i.e. Cech and Cole but if it wasn't for Drogba we wouldn't be European Champions a feat that no other player at Chelsea had achieved until DDA pulled it off. Not to mention the F.A. Cup final winners he scored and countless goals he scored in big games for us! He truly was an astonishing player for us and I believe it would be ridiculously disrespectful to not place him within the same brackets as Vialli, Zola and certainly Ballack!

He's a top class man and I love him to death, I literally couldn't respect the man more. That being said, there were times where I despised Drogba...he acted like a cunt on more than one occasion.