• Werner
    • Mount (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

18 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Lol. 

Don't think there is anything to it. Zouma-silva have kept 2 consecutive CS. Ruduger's last game was a disaster class for Germany and he has put in a disaster class after disaster class for a year and a half (when he is fit). 

Rightfully is our no.5 CB and will be kicked out as soon as Jan window starts. 

I took his Disaster Class on Facebook.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Are they filling the stadiums in Russia? I know it is not the greatest idea, but part of me is looking forward to real crowd noise.

Yeah, Zenit stadium was almost half full in their last game. 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/10/27/chelsea-squad-for-champions-league-match-in-krasnodar

Silva did not travel with the squad to Russia.

Kepa still out. So academy keeper Karlo Ziger travelled in his place.

Alonso will serve the last of his 3-match suspension.

Lampard's presser at 5:30pm UK time today...

17 minutes ago, Azul said:

Literally makes no sense. What about Tomori, who has done nothing wrong?

It will be quite telling if Tomori doesn't feature here. Either he is underperforming in training or there are deeper issues we don't know about between him and Lampard. 

Tomori literally has all the makings of a top CB. Wish it was he that was learning from Silva and not Zouma. 

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It will be quite telling if Tomori doesn't feature here. Either he is underperforming in training or there are deeper issues we don't know about between him and Lampard. 

Tomori literally has all the makings of a top CB. Wish it was he that was learning from Silva and not Zouma. 

Am guessing one of Rudiger or Tomori will feature alongside Zouma. Judging by the bench on Saturday, I'd say Rudiger will start and Tomori will be on the bench tomorrow.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard claims to be a fair man manager, and says that he starts people based on their performance. We clearly know that's bs because Rudiger/Christensen cost us so many games, but he starts them time and time again. The same thing is with Kepa as well, how many games did he start after he made so many mistakes? Caballero was the much better choice in a lot of games, but he kept starting Kepa. It shows us that there is clear favouritism here.

Whereas with Tomori, I don't remember him making big mistakes that costs us the game. Lampard is the worst man manager I've seen at Chelsea in a long time. He starts Mount on the wing instead of CHO after he begged him to stay, and now he is reintroducing Rudiger into the team after Tomori has done nothing wrong this season. It doesn't make sense at all.

24 minutes ago, Azul said:

Lampard claims to be a fair man manager, and says that he starts people based on their performance. We clearly know that's bs because Rudiger/Christensen cost us so many games, but he starts them time and time again. The same thing is with Kepa as well, how many games did he start after he made so many mistakes? Caballero was the much better choice in a lot of games, but he kept starting Kepa. It shows us that there is clear favouritism here.

Whereas with Tomori, I don't remember him making big mistakes that costs us the game. Lampard is the worst man manager I've seen at Chelsea in a long time. He starts Mount on the wing instead of CHO after he begged him to stay, and now he is reintroducing Rudiger into the team after Tomori has done nothing wrong this season. It doesn't make sense at all.

Never trust a manager when he (or she) talks about rewarding performances or meritocracy. It's always BS. 

55 minutes ago, Azul said:

Also not playing kovacic and starting Pulisic on his off-wing just when he is coming back from injury - talk about reintroducing confidence.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

A preview from Krasnodar's perspective...

http://russianfootballnews.com/champions-league-preview-krasnodar-v-chelsea/

Looks like they have 12 players out, either through injury or illness, including their starting wingers and full backs. And their backline is apparently "almost painfully slow".

Donetsk were in the exact same situation going to Madrid and look what happened.....

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Also,if even their depleted team were THAT bad they wouldn't have drew at Rennes.

I didn't watch that match but maybe Rennes weren't that good or Krasnodar got lucky, if the stats are anything to go by.

And there's a reason why Krasnodar are languishing in mid-table in their league.

In any case, there's no excuse for us tonight. Facing a depleted squad or not, we must win and (hopefully) win with a convincing performance!