• Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Would have worked perfectly if we had Hazard or Cesc in the team. Mou and Conte only got results in these big games because of them.

As long as Jorgi and Kante are our best midfielders, we will never find the right balance. Next season, it will be Rice and Kante, which is much better defensively, but lacks much offensive potential

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I don't know if Lampard will go to 4-3-3 at some point but since he hasn't done it so far this season, then it's all the more stupid that we did not address our midfield problems and allowed some to leave. Because we pretty much only have Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic and Gilmour for the midfield two. Jorginho and Kante are getting run into the ground. Kovacic not getting many minutes for whatever reason. Gilmour is injured and still young. :doh: 

EDIT: Oh wait, he did against Liverpool but only 1 game...

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Tbf our last league win there was in 2013 so dull and unexpiring as it was hardly unexpected. 

The United stat was more shocking -first time theyve failed to win any of their first three home games since 1947 or something

14 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

So the 3 big saves he made are all Wiped off because of 1 shit pass? Also man utd are by no means a BAD team 

That's exactly my point, Mendy was our lifeline, Silva was solid as rock and that is all we can talk about along with a clean sheet.

This was another lifeless performance and only a fucking sea lion would of clapped at this. 

Millions we have spent this window and we are happy to take a point at OT against a United side who are every bit as lifeless as us?

Bullshit, our mentality tells us we are happy with 0-0, have we really become that?

11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He's also just gone out and spent £200m+

There was a discussion on here way back -where it was ascertained that managers are 'consulted' about transfers earmarked by scouts and rubber stamped by Marina et al. We dont know what actual say Lampard had in who was arriving, so it will definitely take a while to see fruition. But keep the faith ...and 

KTBFFH

13 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I genuinely think Frank should be given the season at the very least. He's owed that after bringing many fantastic players to the club. 

You'd hope that playing with 5 defenders and a better goalkeeper would get us there. It's probably a good step for the teams defensive confidence, and I genuinely hope that this is what Frank was thinking with the way he set us up today and against Sevilla. It's not a long term solution however obviously - at some point he's going to have to figure out how to play our best players together properly. 

The problem for me is, I can't put my full faith behind Frank as a manager just yet, he's still a rookie who makes a lot of mistakes. What I don't understand is that some seem to think he'll definitely pull through and figure things out, but he has no real track record for us to look back on - he's essentially learning on the job.

What I also don't like is that people think Frank is above criticism. Look, I love Lamps, I was there at Villa Park when he broke the record, and he is in my opinion top 3 Chels ever. But that doesn't mean he's flawless. He's also just gone out and spent £200m+. As mentioned before to yourself, it's really not the same as last season where his hands were tied. Naturally when you invest so much you want to see returns. We aren't seeing a resemblance of this yet, we've had a few very very small flashes so far but nothing to keep us optimistic long term. 

We shouldn't think that because he was one of our best ever that he automatically be a great manager for us either. 

People are well within their rights to criticise how we lined up today imo. Felt like Utd were there for the taking. Level on points last season, we've invested a lot more than them too. 

It's not a matter of patience in my opinion when you can't see or don't feel like we're actually headed in the right direction. Now, looking at our next few fixtures we should be favourites. This is going to be a pivotal few weeks for Lampard, because it's not just the fans he needs to keep onside - it's the players too. How many have forgotten what he's promised guys like Werner, Ziyech, Havertz? What actually drew them to Chelsea. All of them mention the style of play and system. What system and philosophy did he sell to them? Because I'm yet to point my finger on it. 

I genuinely hope I'm wrong and wish Lampard succeeds but he needs to get his vision and this team up and running properly now. 

All fair points. It's like what Ziyech said recently - "it'll take time but we also don't have time". Team progression and getting results are definitely needed in the coming weeks if Lampard doesn't want the pressure to be even more on him.

15 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

The problem for me is, I can't put my full faith behind Frank as a manager just yet, he's still a rookie who makes a lot of mistakes. What I don't understand is that some seem to think he'll definitely pull through and figure things out, but he has no real track record for us to look back on - he's essentially learning on the job.

Same also applies to his backroom staff. It's all like the blind leading the blind at the moment and don't think we can afford that at a club like ours for too long.

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

He has played in the last few games since being declared fit? 

As in every chance he has had to participate- he has been.

If he played from the start people would also complain...

I see, after reading the other posts you are just here finding excuses to justify "STF" decisions, to the point you have to say Zyech is getting plenty of opportunities, when in reality he is getting 10 or 15 minutes per game. 

41 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That's exactly my point, Mendy was our lifeline, Silva was solid as rock and that is all we can talk about along with a clean sheet.

This was another lifeless performance and only a fucking sea lion would of clapped at this. 

Millions we have spent this window and we are happy to take a point at OT against a United side who are every bit as lifeless as us?

Bullshit, our mentality tells us we are happy with 0-0, have we really become that?

Reece was very good too

those 3 were the only ones who played well