• Pulisic
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

23 minutes ago, Azul said:

Keepers don't really get in a lot of physical battles, so even if he starts he stays fit in my opinion.

Was it not a muscle injury? 

Look at what happened to Rudiger, Kante, Emerson and Hudson-Odoi last season. No point in continuing along the same path, or it will potentially get worse and then we will be stuck without him for longer. 

Would be hugely irresponsible. Even more so considering the fact we've already made these mistakes last season. If Frank thinks rushing him back and Mendy is not even close to being fully recovered, he would be incredibly naïve to do so. Even with Kepa, play Caballero. 

I will be interested to see what happens, if he did play and he ended up injured again for longer. Like Rudiger and Emerson last season which it didn't seem to irk as many people as it should have as it is poor management and planning. I suppose with 5 subs its not a major issue but still, don't take the chance just play Willy.  

I think it is important to remember that when he came back from International duty, the tests they ran did not show a major injury. I hope he is fit and in the lineup. I really want us to start a roll and win CL matches and climb the table while the gap is small.

Why do we want lamps to be honest with the press. Yeah just tell everyone who's playing before hand. Let sevilla game plan for shots from everywhere if kepas at goal and making him uncomfortable at set pieces.

Be great if mendy is fit. Confidence is a huge thing and the defence will be better if they have a better keeper in goal.

I hope Kovacic starts against Sevilla. Jorginho can't handle pressure and I feel like Kovacic-Kante duo could work if Kante sits in front of the centre backs while Kovacic is playing a box-to-box role.

Sevilla's pressure is basically like Southampton but on steroids. We need fast twitch midfielders like Kovacic to move with the ball and bring it forward to our attackers. Jorginho is very slow and he always chokes under pressure, I hope Lampard realizes that and changes his midfield for this game.

5 hours ago, Azul said:

I hope Kovacic starts against Sevilla. Jorginho can't handle pressure and I feel like Kovacic-Kante duo could work if Kante sits in front of the centre backs while Kovacic is playing a box-to-box role.

Sevilla's pressure is basically like Southampton but on steroids. We need fast twitch midfielders like Kovacic to move with the ball and bring it forward to our attackers. Jorginho is very slow and he always chokes under pressure, I hope Lampard realizes that and changes his midfield for this game.

They should but they were so bad in their most recent game against West Brom. Inexplicably out of position when the ball turned over 

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Was it not a muscle injury? 

Look at what happened to Rudiger, Kante, Emerson and Hudson-Odoi last season. No point in continuing along the same path, or it will potentially get worse and then we will be stuck without him for longer. 

Would be hugely irresponsible. Even more so considering the fact we've already made these mistakes last season. If Frank thinks rushing him back and Mendy is not even close to being fully recovered, he would be incredibly naïve to do so. Even with Kepa, play Caballero. 

I will be interested to see what happens, if he did play and he ended up injured again for longer. Like Rudiger and Emerson last season which it didn't seem to irk as many people as it should have as it is poor management and planning. I suppose with 5 subs its not a major issue but still, don't take the chance just play Willy.  

They thought it was a torn muscle but it wasn't, it's a bruised muscle. It's not a serious injury, that's what Matt Law and the rest of the reporters said. 

With Kante etc they had real injuries so you can't compare them to Mendy. If Mendy had a bruises muscle one and a half week ago I'm sure he's fine. Besides a keeper's job isn't even as physically demanding as an outfield player's.

6 hours ago, Strike said:

They should but they were so bad in their most recent game against West Brom. Inexplicably out of position when the ball turned over 

That's because Lampard instructs them to both press high up. If Kante sits back and is right infront of our defenders, then I guarantee you that our whole game changes!

Lampard doesn't realise what kind of a player he has at his disposal, if used correctly Kante is the best DM in the world. He has the ability to win us titles, but that can't happen when he's told to be a box-to-box midfielder.

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

That's because Lampard instructs them to both press high up. If Kante sits back and is right infront of our defenders, then I guarantee you that our whole game changes!

Lampard doesn't realise what kind of a player he has at his disposal, if used correctly Kante is the best DM in the world. He has the ability to win us titles, but that can't happen when he's told to be a box-to-box midfielder.

The problem with Kante is that he is not a defensive midfielder who sits in and just mops everything up. He's a defensive midfielder who seeks and destroys attacks before they even get near the defence. That's why we had success last time he was used alongside Matic for example. Kante went around to stop danger while Matic was the one who sat in and mopped things up behind and around him. 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

The problem with Kante is that he is not a defensive midfielder who sits in and just mops everything up. He's a defensive midfielder who seeks and destroys attacks before they even get near the defence. That's why we had success last time he was used alongside Matic for example. Kante went around to stop danger while Matic was the one who sat in and mopped things up behind and around him. 

In France he is.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

No, he is not. Played most of his career in a double pivot with Pogba

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Exactly and he was sitting deep while Pogba joined the attack on some occasions. In Chelsea he is waaay to high up the pitch, you can't tell me that was the same in France.

When did I ever say he wasn't in a double pivot with someone btw?

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

No, he is not. Played most of his career in a double pivot with Pogba

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Even Didier Deschamps talked about how he has an advanced role in Chelsea compared to France and he prefers to use him in a more defensive role. 

Lampard said that Kante is versatile and can play many different positions and that wants to utilise that before last season started. Now he is giving him this "advanced role" at the cost of us our defense being more easily exposed.

I'm surprised Chelsea fans of all people don't know this. Mindboggling to say the least.

20 minutes ago, Azul said:

Even Didier Deschamps talked about how he has an advanced role in Chelsea compared to France and he prefers to use him in a more defensive role. 

Lampard said that Kante is versatile and can play many different positions and that wants to utilise that before last season started. Now he is giving him this "advanced role" at the cost of us our defense being more easily exposed.

I'm surprised Chelsea fans of all people don't know this. Mindboggling to say the least.

I think you're wrong. Kante has hardly, if ever played in the lone DM role. One of the occasions he did for an extended run was at the back end of last season after lockdown when Jorginho was benched.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think you're wrong. Kante has hardly, if ever played in the lone DM role. One of the occasions he did for an extended run was at the back end of last season after lockdown when Jorginho was benched.

I didn't say he played in a lone defensive role, lol why are people putting words in my mouth.

He played in a pivot for France, and he is the one that sits deep out of the two. In Chelsea he plays in a pivot but he is the one that presses up high. 

It's very easy to understand what I'm saying here.

2 hours ago, Azul said:

But with Kante is this really just a Lampard thing? Conte tried Golo deeper when he first arrived and it backfired spectacularly (especially vs Arsenal) and when he reverted to 352 the following season Bakayoko/Drinkwater were the deeper player and then there's obviously the Sarri situation. Getting him to sit deeper takes away his main attribute that made him WC in the first place.