• Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah it doesn't but saying that despite our struggles at the start, there's no breakaway in the league like last year and we are stronger (having spent 200m) 

That is still no excuse to be dropping points in 3-3 (THREE-THREE!) draws against the likes of West Brom and Southampton...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

That is still no excuse to be dropping points in 3-3 (THREE-THREE!) draws against the likes of West Brom and Southampton...

Yes true but the potential is there for massive improvement with Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech linking up in attack. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Yes true but the potential is there for massive improvement with Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech linking up in attack. 

No one is questioning that but whether Lampard is the right person to get the best out of those players and the team in the long run remains to be seen.

Another thing about the defense is they 're not taught to watch after their *ss.
Zouma behaved as if we were 1-0 down and we were into "attack or die" mode.when he made that dangerous pass to the goalkeeper.
He could have quite easily have kicked the ball out for a Southampton corner.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

No one is questioning that but whether Lampard is the right person to get the best out of those players and the team in the long run remains to be seen.

Yes. Not in on the whole Klopp, Pep were given time, Lampard needs to be given time nonsense. 

But we knew we signed a young coach and the hope was he would learn on the job. 

I still think the time to consider this question is later this season. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Yes. Not in on the whole Klopp, Pep were given time, Lampard needs to be given time nonsense. 

But we knew we signed a young coach and the hope was he would learn on the job. 

I still think the time to consider this question is later this season. 

But it doesn't mean we should just blindly give him time if there's no progress. The club knew they got an inexperienced manager but am sure they also expected progress and improvement. 

As I said in the other thread, if we continue to take a step forward and two steps backward in the next 1-2 months, am sure Roman and the board will start asking questions. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I still think the performances will settle down and our games will stop being basketball matches. Still fancy Chelsea hovering close to the top 

Hopefully..cause now we look better in attack but at the back...that will be costly unless it sorted. Where on earth was Kepa going yesterday?! Its just silly mistakes at the wrong moments.

I said yesterday that Kepa was not at fault. Looking again at the game, I have changed my mind.

First goal, he could have done better if he was a very good GK. And he didn't.

Second goal, massive howler from Kepa for sure. Back-pass from Zouma was extremely poor but he messed up, that second goal should have never happened.

Third goal: was he sleepy? A good GK would have managed that.

I have enough of Kepa! 

50 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

I said yesterday that Kepa was not at fault. Looking again at the game, I have changed my mind.

First goal, he could have done better if he was a very good GK. And he didn't.

Second goal, massive howler from Kepa for sure. Back-pass from Zouma was extremely poor but he messed up, that second goal should have never happened.

Third goal: was he sleepy? A good GK would have managed that.

I have enough of Kepa! 

Manuel Neuer would have kept a clean sheet yesterday

26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yet FL gives a little few grins in his after interview.

I'm still fuming me.

What annoys me is his inferior mentality as well. We're 2-1 up against Southampton at HOME and he decides to go defensive which allowed Soton to pressure us. We then concede, but afterwards we score our third goal. Guess what Lamps does? He brings Reece James on because he is afraid of Southamptons pressure and attack. We sit deep as a result and concede yet again.

To think a Chelsea manager would be afraid of Southampton is embarrassing and unacceptable. We don't play like we're the top dogs anymore. Can't believe I'm saying this but we're starting to look like Arsenal under Wenger.

9 minutes ago, Azul said:

What annoys me is his inferior mentality as well. We're 2-1 up against Southampton at HOME and he decides to go defensive which allowed Soton to pressure us. We then concede, but afterwards we score our third goal. Guess what Lamps does? He brings Reece James on because he is afraid of Southamptons pressure and attack. We sit deep as a result and concede yet again.

To think a Chelsea manager would be afraid of Southampton is embarrassing and unacceptable. We don't play like we're the top dogs anymore. Can't believe I'm saying this but we're starting to look like Arsenal under Wenger.

The last bit RE Arsenal is what I said a few weeks back.

If your playing against us your rubbing your hands together because teams now know how weak mentally we are at the back.

I said yesterday, if Mendy is in goal and Thiago is there we don't concede those goals.

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I said yesterday, if Mendy is in goal and Thiago is there we don't concede those goals.

But also for me the point is why when it was blazingly obvious to every Chelsea supporter, that we needed not only a new number 1 keeper we also need a 2nd choice.

Then the other biggee is why the fuck didn't we try to buy at least one top defender, we instead bring in a geriatric who can only play so often, a decent player maybe if you have decent defenders around him, but we don't.

I was screaming in the transfer window FFS at least sign Upamecano, cannot believe that we never went in for him.

And don't get me started on yesterdays debacle, i'm still livid:middlefinger: