• Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Christensen has had a decent start to this season even factoring in the red against Liverpool, he seems to be a lot more proactive with his tackiling and interceptions, Brighton away he was especially good. He also had a really positive game vs City at the back end of last season to add to that.

Time will tell if this is a false dawn or a genuine breakthrough but i'm really not understanding why he's getting so much flack at present.

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Christensen has had a decent start to this season even factoring in the red against Liverpool, he seems to be a lot more proactive with his tackiling and interceptions, Brighton away he was especially good. He also had a really positive game vs City at the back end of last season to add to that.

Time will tell if this is a false dawn or a genuine breakthrough but i'm really not understanding why he's getting so much flack at present.

That's because Christensen feels like a ticking time bomb. Just when you think he's gonna do well and play well consistently, he suddenly goes and commits some dumb error at the back. And not to mention, he's not the strongest physically and can get bullied by stronger players. I don't think Zouma, for example, is perfect by any means but I would trust him more right now than Christensen. 

Unpopular opinion is if our left back and keeper are more solid our centre back pairing should do better. They all need some confidence and hopefully we can get that so whoever the 2 centre backs are will perform better in a situation where they aren't thinking that every shot on target is going in and that they will have to cover for left backs who don't track back.

We've conceded 7 goals this season in 5 games. 5 can be put down to individual errors which is mental. The keeper ones we hope are mostly eradicated (he will make mistakes but hopefully not 1 a game). Then 2 on shit left backs who hopefully won't have to play many. And then thiago silva which has to be allowed to get a pass on his first one.

Now more mistakes will happen. Our back 5 isn't exactly gonna be the greatest. But if we stop giving teams goals then of course we will perform better.

We need a bigger sample size to see what mendys like but if we can be better from corners and he can make some saves that is a big big plus from last year but can't be easy for our centre backs in that scenario

I cannot believe that we are not sure what to do with Callum. We have just 3 wingers and he is the only one available from the start of the season.

In this situation without Pulisic and Ziyech we cannot start a game without players out of position.

I cannot believe that we are not sure what to do with Callum. We have just 3 wingers and he is the only one available from the start of the season.
In this situation without Pulisic and Ziyech we cannot start a game without players out of position.

He gave a blanket reply to all the potential outgoings saying everything will be looked at on a player by player basis. So he didn't really say anything. I highly doubt he'll go because of our winger situation.

To follow up on the question if he will keep chopping and changing the back 4 Lampard gave a slightly different answer this time. He said that having an established back4 and cb pairing is only possible when his project is completed and currently he is not seeing this as an option. Might indicate he does not think any of our back centre back piarings are good enough for him atm. Also said he knows where he wants to play Kai and Timo but only has played them out of position bc of injuries, which is what i suspected from the very beginning.

To follow up on the question if he will keep chopping and changing the back 4 Lampard gave a slightly different answer this time. He said that having an established back4 and cb pairing is only possible when his project is completed and currently he is not seeing this as an option. Might indicate he does not think any of our back centre back piarings are good enough for him atm. Also said he knows where he wants to play Kai and Timo but only has played them out of position bc of injuries, which is what i suspected from the very beginning.
Yeah I think people can be happy that Frank has pretty much made it clear he wants to play timo up front but doesn't feel he can given the lack of winger options. Which I think we knew but I know he has been getting stick for doing it.

Having said that I think what we lose wide we gain having him up front so I'd like to see him there. CHO on the left and then mount can do a job on the right for 1 more game before Pully is ready. Having chillwell should hopefully help with our lack of width issue on the left.

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Yeah I think people can be happy that Frank has pretty much made it clear he wants to play timo up front but doesn't feel he can given the lack of winger options. Which I think we knew but I know he has been getting stick for doing it.

Having said that I think what we lose wide we gain having him up front so I'd like to see him there. CHO on the left and then mount can do a job on the right for 1 more game before Pully is ready. Having chillwell should hopefully help with our lack of width issue on the left.

From what i have seen Mount is not realy suited to any position in the 3 behind the striker tho IMO. Not sure he can play in the 2 behind given his mediocre passing but if both our back-up winger options are not really reliable we should maybe go for a last minute deal here. Beginning to regret not even having tried for Ferran Torres.

Well, Palace is a game we should win anyway but i really hope Pulisic can at least get some minutes

From what i have seen Mount is not realy suited to any position in the 3 behind the striker tho IMO. Not sure he can play in the 2 behind given his mediocre passing but if both our back-up winger options are not really reliable we should maybe go for a last minute deal here. Beginning to regret not even having tried for Ferran Torres.
Well, Palace is a game we should win anyway but i really hope Pulisic can at least get some minutes
Yeah he's not a winger so it's not ideal but he can do a job vs Palace as we will probably need him to with Pully only on the bench.

Basically we have a choice of
Tammy
Werner havertz CHO

Or

Werner
CHO havertz mount

And I think having Werner and CHO in the right positions is worth more than what we lose from playing Werner wide and CHO on the right.

2 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Yeah he's not a winger so it's not ideal but he can do a job vs Palace as we will probably need him to with Pully only on the bench.

Basically we have a choice of
Tammy
Werner havertz CHO

Or

Werner
CHO havertz mount

And I think having Werner and CHO in the right positions is worth more than what we lose from playing Werner wide and CHO on the right.

Giroud instead of Tammy all day for me, he can do pretty much everything Tammy does n more imo 

Interesting comments by Frank on the back 4.

He must know pulisic, ziyech, werner and havertz all start in the top 4 positions. Its a no brainer. When he can play the first 11, I'll judge him then.

However, these results haven't been irrelevant. He should still be judged on the decisions he makes and its been a mixed bag at best. Hopefully this changes

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sadie Mane the latest player to get Covid.

Infections are on the rise again, and we are playing pointless international friendliness.

If we lost 2 or more players to Covid, we would be f*cked.

Also, wtf are we playing CL matches in other countries? Is there any point in playing there in front of empty stadiums? 

FIFA and UEFA are absolute morons.

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Sadie Mane the latest player to get Covid.

Infections are on the rise again, and we are playing pointless international friendliness.

If we lost 2 or more players to Covid, we would be f*cked.

Also, wtf are we playing CL matches in other countries? Is there any point in playing there in front of empty stadiums? 

FIFA and UEFA are absolute morons.

money talks and bs walks, its all about the green 💰💵🤑