• Hudson-Odoi
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Why play a full strength team? 
Spurs will definitely rotate with Thursday in mind. Can give gametime for guys like Ross, Oli and Tomori
Because beating spurs means a lot regardless of the competition and we can't say we were firing on all cylinders. We have the international break coming up so from a Chelsea stand point we are looking at 2 games before players go off elsewhere.

Sure can play Ross or tomori in place I don't think we lose much with either of those on place.

But with Werner he has looked really good in 2/3 games so I think if we can get him a goal and some confidence he can kick on.

But I can see arguments for rotating but I think silva needs game time and if zouma is fit (no idea what happenned to zouma) then we should develop the centre back and keeper partnership and try to stick with that throughout the prem. Chilly needs game time etc.

Attacking we can go various ways but I'd like to see some sort of established back line get a good run of games together the only difference being reece/azpi blending in. But of all our defence azpi or reece are the ones I'm least worried about it.

I thought Pulli was fit?
Id start him on left with CHO on right and Reece behind him, Get the team at least looking like it should look after all fit.
Pully and ziyech not quite ready per the press confence. I'd imagine they don't play this week and then play when we get back from international break.

Pulisic doesn't have any games with the USA so if he leaves him out these 2 then he effectively has another 3 weeks to fully get over the injury unless he wants to give him a 30 min run out at the weekend.

1 hour ago, Hutcho said:

But I can see arguments for rotating but I think silva needs game time and if zouma is fit (no idea what happenned to zouma) then we should develop the centre back and keeper partnership and try to stick with that throughout the prem. Chilly needs game time etc.

Attacking we can go various ways but I'd like to see some sort of established back line get a good run of games together the only difference being reece/azpi blending in. But of all our defence azpi or reece are the ones I'm least worried about it.

Look how many times FLs said he doesnt want 1 stromg CB partnership!!!!

This is all well and good of you have 4 CBs of a standard to compete for top 2 places.

And yes rotations necessary - but lets see how many games Mason plays this season

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Only 2 players in our current squad have scored winners against Tottenham in recent years (assuming I did not miss out on anyone)...

Time to start a new tradition then eh.

Wouldn't suprise me if Mou started a back up team then brought in his 1st team.

Full Tottenham squad

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris, Joe Hart, Paulo Gazzaniga

Defenders: Matt Doherty, Sergio Reguilon, Toby Alderweireld, Davinson Sanchez, Juan Foyth, Serge Aurier, Ben Davies, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Danny Rose

Midfielders: Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Harry Winks, Erik Lamela, Eric Dier, Moussa Sissoko, Giovani Lo Celso, Ryan Sessegnon, Tanguy Ndombele, Gedson Fernandes

Forwards: Harry Kane, Steven Bergwijn, Lucas Moura, Jack Clarke

c

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Look how many times FLs said he doesnt want 1 stromg CB partnership!!!!

This is all well and good of you have 4 CBs of a standard to compete for top 2 places.

And yes rotations necessary - but lets see how many games Mason plays this season

this indeed is a worry. i hope it is just a smokescreen like so many things he says bc it is obviously incorrct. Bayern had a ton of injuries but played most of last season with alaba and boateng as cb pairing. without that it would probably have been süle and alaba. Paris obviously had Silva and kimpembe mostly, Barcelona played Pique and Langlet, Madrid Ramos and Varane. Only 3men defences can afford some flexibility IMO.

Also what does communication have to do with modern football? it is just basic logic. People are better and communicating with each other when they know each other better and players play better together when they are used to each other. Maybe there are other ways to make cb pairing work but surely having them play next to each other week in week out is the most obvious way.

31 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

this indeed is a worry. i hope it is just a smokescreen like so many things he says bc it is obviously incorrct. Bayern had a ton of injuries but played most of last season with alaba and boateng as cb pairing. without that it would probably have been süle and alaba. Paris obviously had Silva and kimpembe mostly, Barcelona played Pique and Langlet, Madrid Ramos and Varane. Only 3men defences can afford some flexibility IMO.

Also what does communication have to do with modern football? it is just basic logic. People are better and communicating with each other when they know each other better and players play better together when they are used to each other. Maybe there are other ways to make cb pairing work but surely having them play next to each other week in week out is the most obvious way.

Agree.

I understand there has to be rotation but Shirley finding your best 11 players who gel together is very important. Then keeping those as fit and injury free as possible!

That post I put in Franks post worries me. using 20 different defence combinations in 42 games.