• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Abraham
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

On a side note...not excusing the team's performance in any way, but is interesting to see the articles popping in the English media (this from the Daily Mail):

"Bilic furious with Havertz hand ball in Chelsea equalizer"

"Thiago Silva sees 3 goals shipped in torrid first half display"

"Chelsea fans call on club to sack Lampard in the tunnel"

And for United's win:

"Is this the cRaZiest premier league match ever?? "

We are definitely up against harsh critics this season.

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

On a side note...not excusing the team's performance in any way, but is interesting to see the articles popping in the English media (this from the Daily Mail):

"Bilic furious with Havertz hand ball in Chelsea equalizer"

"Thiago Silva sees 3 goals shipped in torrid first half display"

"Chelsea fans call on club to sack Lampard in the tunnel"

And for United's win:

"Is this the cRaZiest premier league match ever?? "

We are definitely up against harsh critics this season.

It was like this since I can remember, don't worry, it's not new, lol

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

What gets me is Chilwell plays minutes mid week and no sign of him today, what the fuck is going on there? We keep talking about getting players back from injuries but there isn't any daylight in this either..

Knowing our fucking luck Mendy will get COVID-19, Chilwell will get fouled by his cat and Pulisic will hurt his toe nail...

There is a major problem behind the scenes medically for me.

It's his first football for 3 months. I'd expect Lampard always had a plan that he'd build up across the midweek cup games. I don't think Alonso's performance will accelerate that plan because Lampard will just play Azpi there if needed.

If he'd have started today and broken down everyone would be up in arms about Lampard pushing players too quickly, you can't have it both ways.

There is an international break in a couple of weeks, it's paramount that the likes of Chilwell, Ziyech and Pulisic are back fully fit and raring to go when we return from that break. 

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There is an international break in a couple of weeks, it's paramount that the likes of Chilwell, Ziyech and Pulisic are back fully fit and raring to go when we return from that break. 

I hope the former two get called up, they can do with the extra match fitness especially in Ziyech's case who hasn't played competitive football since March.

8 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Perhaps not fair to talk about the goalkeeping today, but we had three shots on goal in the first half and the three went in. Even if a gk is not expected to save those, a good one might have saved one of them. Willy was a bit slow coming out in my book, but it's hard to say... whatifs. It could be that the overly high defense line employed today was an attempt to keep the ball away from our goal.... hard to say.

Willy is kind of guy, who does what he has to do, so it's hard to expect any impossible saves from him, but facts are: Media would be fueled with those stats for weeks and Kepa would be trashed unhumanly. Just for everyone to think about it. And second thing is that Willy's positioning at first goal was not better, than Kepa's fails/experiments in this regard.

14 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's his first football for 3 months. I'd expect Lampard always had a plan that he'd build up across the midweek cup games. I don't think Alonso's performance will accelerate that plan because Lampard will just play Azpi there if needed.

If he'd have started today and broken down everyone would be up in arms about Lampard pushing players too quickly, you can't have it both ways.

Then go with Emerson, who is by the way better than Alonso. It's not difficult at all.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

That's a matter of opinion. One I don't agree with.

Neither are good enough to be starting for Chelsea, both are reasonable enough to be a backup and that's all.

Both are shite, problem is Alonso is a fucking complete shit can of a footballer, the other is splitting hairs better.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Both are shite, problem is Alonso is a fucking complete shit can of a footballer, the other is splitting hairs better.

For all of Alonso's many faults he atleast has an upside of some substance even if we only see it 1 game in 6. When those games come along he can win us a match as Spurs especially have found out more than once.

Emerson may aswell change his name to John Doe, the fact his finest hour came in a 4-0 defeat says it all.

Put it this way. Hardly anyone said anything about alonso starting before hand when the teams come out.

Because it's a choice of playing a right footed azpi out of position which isn't great. Emerson who has been poor other than the game vs Barnsley or alonso who is error prone but can offer a goal going forwards.

Neither is a great option. Of course everyone jumps on the decision after alonso fucks up. But it's to fill a hole. We knew we had an issue which is why we spent 50 mil on a left back.

Sure going forwards I don't think we can start alonso even if we lose something going forward playing azpi. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We need our wingers back fit. A ziyech on the right cutting in on his left with James on the overlap today would have been deadly.

And lol all the Mount haters. Kid has heart.

It shows how bad Alonso is by the fact everyone refers to his Free Kicks v Spurs and the odd goal he tucks away without blindly forgetting he is a fucking liability all over the park.

If he had half the heart someone like Mount had this discussion doesn't need to be had. he's like the Morata of left backs...heart like a fucking pea.

33 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Put it this way. Hardly anyone said anything about alonso starting before hand when the teams come out.

Because it's a choice of playing a right footed azpi out of position which isn't great. Emerson who has been poor other than the game vs Barnsley or alonso who is error prone but can offer a goal going forwards.

Neither is a great option. Of course everyone jumps on the decision after alonso fucks up. But it's to fill a hole. We knew we had an issue which is why we spent 50 mil on a left back.

Sure going forwards I don't think we can start alonso even if we lose something going forward playing azpi. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We need our wingers back fit. A ziyech on the right cutting in on his left with James on the overlap today would have been deadly.

And lol all the Mount haters. Kid has heart.

You kiddin? everyone hates alonso starting. We dont need to repeat it everytime. Alonso costing us a goal is such a regularity, vs Brighton I wrote i wont repeat it from now on bc it is expected. same as Kepa not saving week shots or Tammy missing easy chances when they play. Do we need to repeat those predictions every time bc otherwise they are no valid criticism? Buying one left back is not enough when you need two. Alonso being good offensively is a myth.