• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Abraham
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

No U.S. matches or friendlies scheduled. Puli will be rested.

Due to the ongoing threat of Covid-19- with the United States sporting the highest number of cases and deaths in the world - some complications will likely be faced with organizing friendlies, especially when American citizens are faced with international travel bans around the world.

USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter, however, is optimistic of arranging friendlies at some point this fall.

“Right now we’ve been focused on trying to compete in the United States, trying to find a safe environment where we could play games," he said according to Yahoo Sports.

"We’ll switch focus in November and try to play two high-level games in Europe. I’d expect a domestic-based side for October and a European-based side for November.”

The USMNT will kick off their 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign in June 2021, but not before they face off against Honduras in the Nations League semi-final next March.

1 hour ago, Hutcho said:

My only concern would be they just get fit and then have to go play internationals. As I can imagine for Morocco especially in their game they will be desperate to play him. I don't even know if the USA have any games. But if they don't then that could be ideal.

No US matches coming up.

Morocco have two friendlies - Oct 9 and 13. But if Ziyech isn't fully fit by then, I doubt they would want to risk him. Am sure Morocco themselves wouldn't want to risk Ziyech unnecessary either.

1 hour ago, Hutcho said:

Kind of expected. No point rushing them back for West Brom. A similar team to the Barnsley team with kante and reece added back in should hopefully do the job. Mendy was gonna be too quick of a turn around to just chuck him in. Yes he's a goalkeeper but he needs some time to have a rapport with his defenders

Last thing we want is rushing any of these players back to help us beat West Brom and cause longer term issues. Far as I'm concerned take their time. Make sure they are fully ready.

My only concern would be they just get fit and then have to go play internationals. As I can imagine for Morocco especially in their game they will be desperate to play him. I don't even know if the USA have any games. But if they don't then that could be ideal.

I really hate that we talk about 'hopefully' doing a job on a team like West Brom. We shouldnt be thinking twice about teams like them if we are serious about challenging for winning owt. Last season has taken everyones confidence away.

I really hate that we talk about 'hopefully' doing a job on a team like West Brom. We shouldnt be thinking twice about teams like them if we are serious about challenging for winning owt. Last season has taken everyones confidence away.

Well that was pretty much my point when I said that there is no point rushing them back for West Brom. But I don't like jinxing things.

Last season was a great season in my opinion so definitely hasn't taken my confidence away at all. And I'm on the optimistic side of TC so it did then we are really fucked. There will be a thousand mount and lampard out threads if it gets to that stage. [emoji23]

38 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Well that was pretty much my point when I said that there is no point rushing them back for West Brom. But I don't like jinxing things.

Last season was a great season in my opinion so definitely hasn't taken my confidence away at all. And I'm on the optimistic side of TC so it did then we are really fucked. There will be a thousand mount and lampard out threads if it gets to that stage. emoji23.png

Losing as many games to clubs we had no right losing to, having no passion or fight most of the time and allowing in so many goals isnt my idea of a great season.

Yet we made 4th SOMEHOW! Im all for optimism and normally am but I dont wear rose tinted shades or take delusional pills.

This season WILL be different.. IF the players get fight in them we will beat anyone.  

Losing as many games to clubs we had no right losing to, having no passion or fight most of the time and allowing in so many goals isnt my idea of a great season.
Yet we made 4th SOMEHOW! Im all for optimism and normally am but I dont wear rose tinted shades or take delusional pills.
This season WILL be different.. IF the players get fight in them we will beat anyone.  

I don't think we had no fight. I think our players were young and naive. We weren't clinical and made too many mistakes defensively and obviously the keeper issues.

But this year will be different. Our best XI has completely changed, and you're right when you say we should be rolling over West Brom without a sweat if we want to be challenging for anything. I don't think we will win the league this year. Everyone needs time to adjust to get fully going but we will be a lot better and we will close the gap.

3 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

I don't think we had no fight. I think our players were young and naive. We weren't clinical and made too many mistakes defensively and obviously the keeper issues.

But this year will be different. Our best XI has completely changed, and you're right when you say we should be rolling over West Brom without a sweat if we want to be challenging for anything. I don't think we will win the league this year. Everyone needs time to adjust to get fully going but we will be a lot better and we will close the gap.

Whodathunk start of last season we would have the starting lineup we have now once all the lads are fit? I would tell someone they were crackers if they told me.

All Ive ever wanted is for players to fight for every ball. Not stroll about with hands on their hips looking lost and shrugging their shoulders. Hopefully all this new blood will bring a new attitude. Some leaders.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Cabellero

Reece Thiago Zouma Chilwell

Kovacic    Kante

Mount     Havertz   Werner

Abraham

Do we

Will probably be this unless Lamps rewards Barkley with a start after his good showing against Barnsley.

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pulisic and Ziyech may be ready for next week but if you play them they go to national teams after. If you do not play them they stay here so it may be better if we wait.

There is no USMNT matches coming, based on what I've checked.

36 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pulisic and Ziyech may be ready for next week but if you play them they go to national teams after. If you do not play them they stay here so it may be better if we wait.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

There is no USMNT matches coming, based on what I've checked.

Also regarding Ziyech, there are two sides to his situation. On one hand, I can understand if we are a little cautious and don’t want him to go play for Morocco next month. But on the other hand, he has played only 60 minutes of football - and that was in a friendly - in like 7 months. It might be good for him to play the 2 Morocco games coming up (assuming they are still on and not cancelled) to build his match fitness and sharpness and ensure he gets back to 100% as soon as possible. Otherwise, it could be tough to use those competitive games next month as pre-season games for him.

22 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

A global pandemic that is getting worse by the day but International football and mass travelling is still going on:blink: Fucking madness.

Some national teams will be playing 3 games in the upcoming international break. :doh: