Gareth Barry

Fans FC

Chelsea set for £17million midfielder swoop

Chelsea Football Club are set to make an offer of £17million for Gareth Barry.

Liverpool had chased the England international all summer, but Luiz Felipe Scolari is now being tipped to make Aston Villa an offer of £17million for the player in the New Year.

"The players I have at the moment are good, but in the future I will look for more,” he told Sky Sports. "I know the English players and I want more English players in my team. I want to win in England."

Barry would make an ideal partner for Frank Lampard in the heart of the Blues side, in a move which would also enhance his international ambitions with England.

Nice how they came to the conclusion. We're possibly wanting to sign English players. Barry is unsetled at Villa. Chelsea are going to sign him.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one of these players who went from under-rated to overly over-rated in the space of a couple of England games. Hargreaves is another who has done this.

Buy a fucking striker!!!

We want Sergio Aguero! Aguero! Aguero!?

Yep, would be number 1 on my christmas list. I bet we won't get him though.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You