• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Considering today's match, the possible absentees, and the time taken for players to gel, I hope Frank takes the ultra cautious approach and plays on the counter.

We might have to rely on Werner's pace (which could work well against Liverpool dodgy form at the back), and any other runners like Hudson Odoi and Alonso, while packing the midfield and our defensive third.

With Pulisic and possibly Kovacic, in doubt, I feel that's all we can do against them.

Last time I felt so sure about a match, was when I hoped we used 5 at the back when we played Spurs for the first time last season. Thankfully Lampard did exactly that.

I said we should ban 3 at the back system for this season but here we go. Second game of the season and I do not think it would be such a bad idea lol

I am saying this because there are so many uncertainties. Is Silva going to play? He still did not start training. Chilwell? Mendy?

Kova is back but what about Pulisic? Ziyech no chance. Frank does not trust CHO it seems and Mount and Havertz do not have pace to play on wing.

What about 3-4-1-2 with Havertz behind Werner and Giroud?

Giroud bullied VVD many times and he can open some spaces for the German boys.

Maybe pointless to predict any lineups this early due to uncertainties of injury recoveries and new comers, I wish Silva and Pulisic can make it though.

I want this:
GK
James, Silva, Zouma, Azpi
Kante, Havertz, Kovacic
Mount, Werner, Pulisic

In reality it could be this:
GK
Azpi, Christensen, Zouma
James, Kante, Mount, Kovacic, Alonso
Werner, Giroud

I would like to see:

Kepa

James AC Zouma Azpi

Kanté Kovacic

Mount Havertz Werner

Giroud

This is the most realistic line up surely? Lampard won't play CHO, and I don't think Pulisic or Silva will be ready yet. 

It's sad I'm not even looking forward to this...

If Lampard plays Jorginho and that results in Havertz playing out wide then he is not good enough to be Chelsea's manager at the moment. 
I feel like he needs more experience, but I hope he proves me wrong and finally puts Kai in his rightful position.
Also I hope he isn't stubborn enough to start Christensen just because he had a good performance against Brighton, if Silva comes in and impresses in training then Lamps hopefully has the balls to start him.

Even if Havertz starts as a RW, it still is one of his best positions. He has more scorer per game on average as a RW than as a no. 10. He can play it well. I have seen it couple of times, he just needs space to attack.

And Jorgi btw played a decent game. Better than Mount, Ruben and Havertz combined, so you would send the wrong signal to the players that good performances do not matter anymore

Silva needs some time. AC and Zouma will play after a good performance.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Even if Havertz starts as a RW, it still is one of his best positions. He has more scorer per game on average as a RW than as a no. 10. He can play it well. I have seen it couple of times, he just needs space to attack.

And Jorgi btw played a decent game. Better than Mount, Ruben and Havertz combined, so you would send the wrong signal to the players that good performances do not matter anymore

Silva needs some time. AC and Zouma will play after a good performance.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Someone in my class is a German who regularly watches the Bundesliga. I'm not going to pretend I watched all of Kai's Leverkusen games and neither should any other Chelsea fan. What he told me is that Kai is much much better as a no.10, and by playing him out wide you are limiting his qualities as a playmaker. 

By the way do you care more about the result than the message players receive when Lampard makes a decision? How many times does Jorginho have to play against a high pressing team for us to realize that it doesn't work? He is not a fast twitch player, his reaction speed is very slow and he would 100% struggle against Liverpool. Just because he performed well against Brighton, which I tbh didn't think he did(he was ok in my eyes, lost the ball often), doesn't mean he will do the same against Liverpool. Tactically it wouldn't be smart to start Jorginho against Liverpool at all. 

Why does Silva need time? If he performs well in training then we need his WORLDCLASS defending against Liverpool. Did you forget Christensen's performances against Liverpool last season? Do you really think Christensen did a 180 and all of sudden became a solid defender? Don't be gullible, I will take Silva over him any day of the week.

Definitely think everyone's reading too much into the poor performance of players as being due to be being out of position rather than just being not match fit.

Havertz will probably be very effective on the right but he was clearly not fully match fit which makes sense seeing as how he hasn't played a competitive match in ages. Same with a lot of them. The ones who played 2 lots of 90 mins with their country looked pretty sharp. The likes of Christensen, Werner as well as kante and jorginho come to mind. All of whom have had that extra couple of games.

Play a fully match fit kai on right wing and we may be saying something different. I think even if he played centrally it wouldn't have been the kai we will hope to see in a few weeks (would have been better than RLC I imagine). But I think we need to get players back fit and get a bigger game sample size to be able to judge much of anything.

5 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Definitely think everyone's reading too much into the poor performance of players as being due to be being out of position rather than just being not match fit.

Havertz will probably be very effective on the right but he was clearly not fully match fit which makes sense seeing as how he hasn't played a competitive match in ages. Same with a lot of them. The ones who played 2 lots of 90 mins with their country looked pretty sharp. The likes of Christensen, Werner as well as kante and jorginho come to mind. All of whom have had that extra couple of games.

Play a fully match fit kai on right wing and we may be saying something different. I think even if he played centrally it wouldn't have been the kai we will hope to see in a few weeks (would have been better than RLC I imagine). But I think we need to get players back fit and get a bigger game sample size to be able to judge much of anything.

It's logically not making sense to me why people want Havertz to play on the right rather than CAM position. Why would you want to force him on the right when he is much better in the middle?