Teddy Sharman-Lowe

ahmedou

CHELSEA DEAL FOR SHARMAN-LOWE

BURTON Albion’s young England goalkeeping talent Teddy Sharman-Lowe has been signed by Premier League Chelsea for an undisclosed fee but will be staying with the Brewers on loan.

“It’s brilliant and it has all happened so fast. Burton have developed me so well and now it’s another new beginning. And hopefully, I can develop further with Chelsea...”

2 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Apologize for my ignorance, why there’re so many people with double surnames in the recent generations?

in the UK, one historical reason was heritable surnames, where one of the names would disappear as there were no male heirs to carry on the line

but the tradition is very old, not a new thing

famous examples of non-hyphenated ones

David Lloyd George (Prime Minister during and after WWI)

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Helena Bonham-Carter 

Sacha Baron Cohen

John Maynard Keynes

Iain Duncan Smith

My own surname is a hyphenated blend (father's surname then mother's)

wife's name is now the same, legally, as mine, but it is really strange, because her last name (she is 100% Swedish) is the exact same as my father's (no, we are NOT related, lolol) (our last name, the Swedish first part, in Sweden, is like Smith, Williams, Johnson, Jones, etc are in the UK and the US) 

some super common Swedish surnames (there are many variant spellings too)

Eriksson    
Larsson   
Johansson    
Andersson   
Karlsson  
Nilsson 
Lindberg
Persson    
Svensson
Lindström
Lundgren
Forsberg

I taught a class 2 years ago of around 85 total people, and we had 18 Erikssons (or some other spelling, like Ericsson, etc) !!!! Many did have hyphenated names or double surnames, plus many in Sweden go by a middle name (some have 2, 3, even 4 (very rare) middle middle names)

I call my wife's brother's best friend by his given first name just to piss him off (his parents do as well, much to his chagrin, so I copied them), lolol, as they both are assholes and so easy to get all argy bargy, lolol I am deffo a trouble-maker (I am sure many here have already surmised this :cig:)

in the UK, one historical reason was heritable surnames, where one of the names would disappear as there were no male heirs to carry on the line
but the tradition is very old, not a new thing
famous examples of non-hyphenated ones
David Lloyd George (Prime Minister during and after WWI)
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Helena Bonham-Carter 
Sacha Baron Cohen
John Maynard Keynes
Iain Duncan Smith

My own surname is a hyphenated blend (father's surname then mother's)
wife's name is now the same, legally, as mine, but it is really strange, because her last name (she is 100% Swedish) is the exact same as my father's (no, we are NOT related, lolol) (our last name, the Swedish first part, in Sweden, is like Smith, Williams, Johnson, Jones, etc are in the UK and the US) 

some super common Swedish surnames (there are many variant spellings too)
Eriksson    
Larsson   
Johansson    
Andersson   
Karlsson  
Nilsson 
Lindberg
Persson    
Svensson
Lindström
Lundgren
Forsberg
I taught a class 2 years ago of around 85 total people, and we had 18 Erikssons (or some other spelling, like Ericsson, etc) !!!! Many did have hyphenated names or double surnames, plus many in Sweden go by a middle name (some have 2, 3, even 4 (very rare) middle middle names)
I call my wife's brother's best friend by his given first name just to piss him off (his parents do as well, much to his chagrin, so I copied them), lolol, as they both are assholes and so easy to get all argy bargy, lolol I am deffo a trouble-maker (I am sure many here have already surmised this :cig:)

So I guess in the UK it’s just a trend thing isn’t it? IIRC there’s only one Wright-Phillips in the league like 15 yrs ago, now it’s like if you don’t have a double barrelled surname you’re not cool that kind of vibe lol.