Kai Havertz

Blues11

Havertz

Werner---------Ziyech

Mount/RLC

Kovacic-----Gilmour

This team is mental tbf 

It's the movement. Werner from wide the central. Ziyech from wide to deep. Havertz deep or wide and Mount like a headless chicken

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Havertz will be a CF if we get him.

Yes which means less time for Tammy.

Also I meant this in general, including Werner/Ziyech.

Mount, RLC, Odoi,...certainly wont all be starters now. Not saying they are good enough or anything, but now they almost certainly wont get enough playtime. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Judging by Lampard's comments about competition for places upfront earlier, not sure that would be the case IF we do get Havertz.

Time will tell but I think Lampard wants a versatile set of attacking players that can switch off the cuff for what any particular game needs or who needs resting, the way Mount has been both LW and CM this season.

Kai has gone up a level since he's been made a CF it would be nonsensical if we signed him to play any other position.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Time will tell but I think Lampard wants a versatile set of attacking players that can switch off the cuff for what any particular game needs or who needs resting, the way Mount has been both LW and ST this season.

Kai has gone up a level since he's been made a CF it would be nonsensical if we signed him to play any other position.

But it doesn't mean we need to overdo it. Moreover, these players are still young. Constantly chopping and changing isn't going to help their development. If anything, I'd say we perhaps need another cover for the wide area more than another ST/CF. Hence the link with Benrahma. 

I don't think there's any chance we'd deploy him as a CF. I think he'd be competing with Mason as the #10. A midfielder who is always high up the pitch and around the box to hunt the ball.

I don't think there's any chance we'd deploy him as a CF. I think he'd be competing with Mason as the #10. A midfielder who is always high up the pitch and around the box to hunt the ball.

Mount probably has better stats than Havertz as a no. 10. Havertz only has 3 goals and two assists in 15 games as a no. 10 and playing very inconsistent. His best stat come from playing CF and right winger. He played 8 games as a right winger and scored 3 goals and made 3 assists. He also played 5 Matches CF and he scored 7 and assisted 1 goal.He will need couple of years to get into a proper no. 10, while he would be a Top class CF in a very short amount of time

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Mount probably has better stats than Havertz as a no. 10. Havertz only has 3 goals and two assists in 15 games as a no. und 10 playing very inconsistent. His best stat come from playing CF and right winger. He played 8 games as a right winger and scored 3 goals and made 3 assists. He also played 5 Matches CF and he scored 7 and assisted 1 goal.
He will need couple of years to get a proper no. 10, while he would be a Top class CF in a very short amount of time

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I don't feel we'd be after him with thoughts on him playing up top when we have Tammy and just extended Giroud. Maybe if Frank permenantly switches to a 2 striker system, I guess.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't feel we'd be after him with thoughts on him playing up top when we have Tammy and just extended Giroud. Maybe if Frank permenantly switches to a 2 striker system, I guess.

Switching to a 2 striker system makes no sense, especially when we're loaded with midfielders and apart from Atletico, no other top teams play 4-4-2 anymore. Midfield control is absolutely vital.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Switching to a 2 striker system makes no sense, especially when we're loaded with midfielders and apart from Atletico, no other top teams play 4-4-2 anymore. Midfield control is absolutely vital.

Which is why buying Havertz as a striker makes no sense. Spending £80m or more on someone who isn't a natural CF is nonsensical. He'd be an advanced midfielder who plays behind the target man making late runs and scoring lots of goals. Basically doing the same kinds of things Lamps did when he played.

----------------------Tammy-------------------

Werner------------Havertz-------------Ziyech

Thats how I think we'd set up if we signed him with Havertz and Ziyech interchanging at will basically and Havertz getting into the box as much as possible. That could be an attack rivaling Liverpool & City.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Which is why buying Havertz as a striker makes no sense. Spending £80m or more on someone who isn't a natural CF is nonsensical. He'd be an advanced midfielder who plays behind the target man making late runs and scoring lots of goals. Basically doing the same kinds of things Lamps did when he played.

----------------------Tammy-------------------

Werner------------Havertz-------------Ziyech

Thats how I think we'd set up if we signed him with Havertz and Ziyech interchanging at will basically and Havertz getting into the box as much as possible. That could be an attack rivaling Liverpool & City.

Am loving the assumption that people think Abraham would remain the first choice ST by the way. :ph34r: :carlo: :chai:

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

He was half as good playing CM/CAM compared to ST, would be a criminal waste if he was signed to be a midfielder, not only in terms of his game but we are massively stacked in that position.

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Oli resigning was extra security for both parties, he could still be gone this summer.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Oli resigning was extra security for both parties, he could still be gone this summer.

Unlikely if his most recent comments are anything to go by.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/19/chelsea-olivier-giroud-my-body-is-ready-to-play-a-few-more-years-at-the-best-level

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ofcourse but that's always been conditional to game time, that's the most important thing to him, he crossed a rival divide for that reason and came within touching distance of doing it again.

The contract first and foremost was to prevent us from losing a(nother) player in the run in while giving Giroud a guaranteed years income during such uncertain times.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He was half as good playing CM/CAM compared to ST, would be a criminal waste if he was signed to be a midfielder, not only in terms of his game but we are massively stacked in that position.

I've said since we were initially linked with him that we'd surely have to sell someone (Barkley) for this move to make any sense. That's why I won't get my hopes up that anything will come of this interest.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Ofcourse but that's always been conditional to game time, that's the most important thing to him, he crossed a rival divide for that reason and came within touching distance of doing it again.

The contract first and foremost was to prevent us from losing a(nother) player in the run in while giving Giroud a guaranteed years income during such uncertain times.

I get that but Giroud also gives us a different option upfront, providing us something different from Abraham, Werner or even Havertz. 

For the sake of argument, if we do sell Giroud and get Havertz, how then are you gonna juggle game time without hurting their development between Abraham, Havertz and maybe even Werner upfront?

Here is the thing I find it ironic, we are all into youth this season and happy for them to play and help us get back to where we want. But now that we can buy again, people want us to go buy, buy and buy every player possible out there, even when we don't necessarily need to, at the risk of hurting the development of those young players. Why? Do people just not care about ensuring we have a balanced team? Or do people just want to stack our team for the heck of it? 

One thing I would also say that Lampard likes or wants the players to press and work hard off the ball. If Havertz isn't good at defending or his off the ball work isn't good, as @killer1257 alluded to, then he better produce Hazard-esque level performances to get a free pass to be in the XI, if he were to join us.