Kai Havertz

Blues11

6 hours ago, Jason said:

IF they sell Lucas Hernandez to PSG they can buy Havetz, but that leaves then utterly fucked at CB, especially if Alaba leaves as well

they would be down to

Niklas Süle    injured still
Jérôme Boateng   soon 32 and a shadow of what he was 5, 6 years ago
Lars Lukas Mai    20yo reserve player
Benjamin Pavard    (more of a RB than a hi-end CB)

Newest rumors have it that he is reiterating his desire to move to Real with them Preparing a 2nd bid. I am guess there could be sth in it as his preference for Real is probably the reason he has not yet agreed a pre contract with Bayern. Real is probably the best solution for all period there anyway. Leverkusen can sell him at peak value despite Corona, Kai gets his wish and Real revamp their shit squad. La Liga will also suit him more given how often he is fouled

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Newest rumors have it that he is reiterating his desire to move to Real with them Preparing a 2nd bid. I am guess there could be sth in it as his preference for Real is probably the reason he has not yet agreed a pre contract with Bayern. Real is probably the best solution for all period there anyway. Leverkusen can sell him at peak value despite Corona, Kai gets his wish and Real revamp their shit squad. La Liga will also suit him more given how often he is fouled

So if the club know of his wishes then we should move on asap...no reason to dally ally.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

So if the club know of his wishes then we should move on asap...no reason to dally ally.

If we had taken that approach with Werner we wouldn't have found ourselves in this position on the verge of signing him.

The current climate puts us in potentially a strong position in the transfer market, so why not aim as high as possible?

The rumor comes from Sportbuzzer. Are they reputable? Never heard of them

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The rumor comes from Sportbuzzer. Are they reputable? Never heard of them

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

they claim this too

https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/exklusiv-kai-havertz-real-madrid-leverkusen-lehnt-erstes-transfer-an/

Real is Havertz's dream club, he followed Toni Kroos' path closely and would like to pursue a dream career similar to that of his Leverkusen predecessor, who won the Champions League four times. In the case of the Madrilenians, he could replace Vice World Champion Luka Modric.

FC Barcelona also has the German jewel on the slip - just like a number of clubs from the Premier League, including FC Chelsea, which is currently upgrading and has already secured the services of Havertz 'national team-mate Timo Werner (RB Leipzig) . Chelsea owner Roman Abramowitsch is said to be ready to pay the 100 million transfer fee. With the sale of N'Golo Kanté and Jorginho, he obviously wants to get the sum back. Abramovich is said to have even personally contacted Havertz on the phone to make the new "Chelsea Project" palatable. As SPORT BUZZER found out, Spanish football is said to appeal to midfielder more than English.

16 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If we had taken that approach with Werner we wouldn't have found ourselves in this position on the verge of signing him.

The current climate puts us in potentially a strong position in the transfer market, so why not aim as high as possible?

But the difference is that Werner has a release clause and Havertz doesn't have one. So when it became clear that Liverpool will not buy Werner, it was easy for us to jump in, convince him and pay the clause. With Havertz, that is obviously different because he will cost a lot more and there are more clubs after him. And despite his talents, I'm not sure if we actually need him. He feels like a luxury signing, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

But the difference is that Werner has a release clause and Havertz doesn't have one. So when it became clear that Liverpool will not buy Werner, it was easy for us to jump in, convince him and pay the clause. With Havertz, that is obviously different because he will cost a lot more and there are more clubs after him. And despite his talents, I'm not sure if we actually need him. He feels like a luxury signing, IMO. 

I will say why I want him

his CF abilities now and especially down the road

I don't trust Tammy to renew

with his (Havertz) floating abilities he also can play with Werner and of course a straight up AMF or No. 10 role

I adore versatile players (I think that has been borne out by my myriad scouting/targeting posts over the past 2 and had (almost) years

we have 2 in Ziyech (LW, AMF, No. 10, CMF,) and Werner (LW, CF, SS, RW)

not that we can afford all of these (and indeed Mbappe alone is too expensive)

but look at my 32 top target players out there who are remotely available (I cheated and  added a few who are not, but I so dearly covet, lolol)

every one (other than pure CB's and GK's and Håland) can play multiple positions

Mbappe (CF, either wing, SS)

Håland (mostly a pure CF but could work in a front 2)

Sancho (both wings, SS, false 9)

Havertz (AMF, No 10, CF, CMF, either wing, SS, False 9)

Oblak (GK)

Varane (CB)

Romagnoli (CB)

Saúl Ñíguez (CMF, AMF, LMF, LB)

Frenkie de Jong (NOT available but he can play almost anywhere other than forward, so DHDMF, trad DMF, LMF, RMF, CMF, AMF, RB, CB, Box to Box MF)

Kimmich (not available but can play CB, and is also a top 2 on planet RB and DMF, both type (DH and Trad)

Paulo Dybala (SS, CF, either wing, AMF, No 10)

Lautaro Martínez (CF, SS, LW)

Marco Verratti (CMF, RMF, DH DMF, Box to Box MF)

David Alaba (CB, LB, DMF)

Marquinhos (CB, DMF, RB, CMF)

Alphonso Davies (not available but can play LB (best in world or near that already, LW,, RW, LMF,, and I am sure he could perform to a high level at DMF and LCB as well)

Skriniar (CB)

Federico Valverde (CMF, DH DMF, AMF)

Thomas Partey (Trad DMF, DH DMF, CMF, Box to Box, AMF)

Sandro Tonali ( DH DMF, Trad DMF,, CMF,, AMF, Box to Box)

José Giménez (CB)

Eduardo Camavinga (DMF, CMF, AMF, RMF, LMF)

Declan Rice (DMF, CB, CMF)

Richarlison (both wings, CF, SS)

Houssem Aouar (CMF, LMF, AMF, No 10)

Ferran Torres (RW, LW, AMF, SS, No 10, RMF)

Nicolò Zaniolo (RW, AMF, CMF, SS, LMF)

Theo Hernández (LB, DMF, LCB)

Ryan Gravenberch (CMF, DMF, AMF)

Dominic Calvert-Lewin (CF, SS, LW, AMF)

Achraf Hakimi (RB, RWB, RMF, LW)

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (CMF, DMF, AMF,, No 10)

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Theese are different and not the same as Jason pointed out, eventhough I too would like to have him. If his mind is set on RM only then move on, we shouldnt beg for any player to join us.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Theese are different and not the same as Jason pointed out, eventhough I too would like to have him. If his mind is set on RM only then move on, we shouldnt beg for any player to join us.

I understand that the deal is more complicated without a release clause but the idea is the same. Leipzig don't have to sell for the release clause, they could sell Werner if they chose for say £40m. The release clause just places a maximum that Leipzig can request. Liverpool wouldn't go that high, and we would, then it was up to us to sell the move to him.

If we're prepared to pay what Leverkusen want and other teams aren't prepared to pay as much then it's up to us to sell the club to him. I wouldn't be initially deterred from trying to attract a player to our club if they're preference is somewhere else. If after discussions it's clear his mind is set then fair enough, but we should be walking away at least knowing we've done what we could to make it happen. If he wants to end up at Real Madrid eventually, I've no problem with that. Just like Hazard, I'd rather 5 or 6 years of him in our team than not at all because he will only end up at Real Madrid if he's proven good enough here.

I think there is an argument he's a luxury when other areas of the team/squad need to be strengthened but I think sometimes those decisions have to be made because there is very real potential there that he could be the best attacking midfielder of this coming generation.

You could argue PSG did the same buying Mbappe when they had just signed Neymar and already had Cavani, Di Maria, amongst others. They had other areas of their squad that probably could have been strengthened first. I think when those sort of opportunities present they should be seriously considered because it could be a far better long term decision to make to have a player of that potential calibre at your club over the short term of strengthening a couple of other areas of the squad which instead may need rectifying in the next summer window.

I am quite confused with people who want Havertz. He will cost crazy money which mean you need to have a place in your squad ready for him. I you said we will play him as AM, you need to move mount + ruben. If you said st, you need to move tammy. 

As person who haven't watched Havertz play I can't give much opinions, but you better be sure that he is that good. 

29 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I understand that the deal is more complicated without a release clause but the idea is the same. Leipzig don't have to sell for the release clause, they could sell Werner if they chose for say £40m. The release clause just places a maximum that Leipzig can request. Liverpool wouldn't go that high, and we would, then it was up to us to sell the move to him.

But why would Leipzig even think of selling Werner for a fee lower than the release clause? Makes no sense at all. 

31 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If we're prepared to pay what Leverkusen want and other teams aren't prepared to pay as much then it's up to us to sell the club to him. I wouldn't be initially deterred from trying to attract a player to our club if they're preference is somewhere else. If after discussions it's clear his mind is set then fair enough, but we should be walking away at least knowing we've done what we could to make it happen. If he wants to end up at Real Madrid eventually, I've no problem with that. Just like Hazard, I'd rather 5 or 6 years of him in our team than not at all because he will only end up at Real Madrid if he's proven good enough here.

I think there is an argument he's a luxury when other areas of the team/squad need to be strengthened but I think sometimes those decisions have to be made because there is very real potential there that he could be the best attacking midfielder of this coming generation.

If our squad is desperately in need of someone of Havertz's quality, then sure. Go sign him. But is our squad crying out for someone like him? We have signed Ziyech and Werner is coming soon. They both already bring their qualities. And we already have a number of young, quality players in the squad. If we are invested in nurturing them and making them better to help us win things like what we set out to do this season, then you stick with them. We should be building a well rounded and balanced squad, not one overstuffed with unnecessary players. Buy what we need to, not for the sake of it. Plus, if we're buying someone like Havertz for 100 million, we're essentially committed to making him a first choice in the XI. Then who do you throw out of the XI? Plus, have people even considered the tactical side of things with Havertz, like will he fit in with the rest? Can we build a solid side with him plus others too? Can we build a cohesive side? 

36 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

You could argue PSG did the same buying Mbappe when they had just signed Neymar and already had Cavani, Di Maria, amongst others. They had other areas of their squad that probably could have been strengthened first. I think when those sort of opportunities present they should be seriously considered because it could be a far better long term decision to make to have a player of that potential calibre at your club over the short term of strengthening a couple of other areas of the squad which instead may need rectifying in the next summer window.

Yes, PSG have those players but where has that gotten them to? They might have dominated the competition in their own country - if only because the other clubs don't even have a decent amount of spending power, never mind at the same level with PSG - but they haven't gotten close to winning the Champions League under their current owners. IIRC, they haven't reached a single semi-final despite having spent hundreds of millions on players. 

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Im sure if we really are after him then we will do just that and convince him why he should be here but if his heart is set on RM as he wanna seemingly emulate Kroos then move on. I would like him to join us but I would also rather get a quality CB for the fee. This one still has legs though im sure.

3 hours ago, communicate said:

I am quite confused with people who want Havertz. He will cost crazy money which mean you need to have a place in your squad ready for him. I you said we will play him as AM, you need to move mount + ruben. If you said st, you need to move tammy. 

As person who haven't watched Havertz play I can't give much opinions, but you better be sure that he is that good. 

mount and abraham are not world class players. havertz has the potential. rlc has it too, but unfortunately injuries fucked him.

that being said, i think theres 0.7% chance of us buying havertz.

11 hours ago, whats happening said:

mount and abraham are not world class players. havertz has the potential. rlc has it too, but unfortunately injuries fucked him.

that being said, i think theres 0.7% chance of us buying havertz.

Ruben has excellent attributes, but he has never shown any hint of becoming a world class player. Throughout his Chelsea progression he has consistently failed to impact football matches. No one doubts that he has the qualities to be a big factor in any game but he virtually never delivers.

Those fantastic attributes got him in the World Cup squad; injuries got him in the side, and what did he deliver? Nothing.

I've championed Ruben since his U18 days, but I've always offered the opinion that he would not make it if he did not find a way to bring his talent to bear on matches more often. It hasn't happened yet.

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ruben has excellent attributes, but he has never shown any hint of becoming a world class player. Throughout his Chelsea progression he has consistently failed to impact football matches. No one doubts that he has the qualities to be a big factor in any game but he virtually never delivers.

Those fantastic attributes got him in the World Cup squad; injuries got him in the side, and what did he deliver?. Nothing.

I've championed Ruben since his U18 days, but I've always offered the opinion that he would not make it if he did not find a way to bring his talent to bear on matches more often. It hasn't happened yet.

Yeah I agree, he has potential but he must deliver come soon....injuries of course wont help, I hope the fire in him will make him deliver as he has it in him.