21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wait, so Chilwell is better than Reguilon? :o 

The first thing that caught my attention was that Aerial Wins stat. I know the Premier League and La Liga are two different leagues but one would think that is small key factor for Lampard given our set piece problems.

Overall Regu looks better and costs 1/3 of the price which is alot. I rather get Regu and then use the left-over money to help grab DR. BC is better than what we have atm for sure and can become better as he is nowhere near his peak but I still go for Regu. If RM wants to insert a buy back clause then forget it.....we dont develop players for anybody much less for RM.

Well fuck. Real looks to be insisting, 100%, on a buyback clause for Reguilon.

FUCK 

I cannot agree to that. Buyback clauses are for little clubs. IF this is true, then Reguilon is off the board. Will not condone this insult. Fuck Real, Florentino Perez can go gargle with razor blades.

Still have NO CLUE why we do not make a hard play (not saying it will succeed) for the best left back remotely available, Theo. Plus he has CB capabilities like his older (and smaller) brother, Lucas. He would not cost Chilwell money as I think £50-55m would take him, but maybe I am off. :(

FUCK 
I cannot agree to that. Buyback clauses are for little clubs. IF this is true, then Reguilon is off the board. Will not condone this insult. Fuck Real, Florentino Perez can go gargle with razor blades.
Still have NO CLUE why we do not make a hard play (not saying it will succeed) for the best left back remotely available, Theo. Plus he has CB capabilities like his older (and smaller) brother, Lucas. He would not cost Chilwell money as I think £50-55m would take him, but maybe I am off. [emoji20]

Theo loves AC Milan, so even if we splashed 100 million Euro, he would reject us. Theo is also young, so when he feels it is time to move, he will leave eventually.

We should go for Telles because even if Telles turns out to be bad at defending (his defending stats do not look that great), at least he is good at going forward. Chilwell is not good at defense and offense.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Vesper said:

FUCK 

Still have NO CLUE why we do not make a hard play (not saying it will succeed) for the best left back remotely available, Theo. Plus he has CB capabilities like his older (and smaller) brother, Lucas. He would not cost Chilwell money as I think £50-55m would take him, but maybe I am off. :(

We should kidnap Marina so you can take her place. Feisty lil' business woman you'll be. 

13 minutes ago, Valdo said:

We should kidnap Marina so you can take her place. Feisty lil' business woman you'll be. 

Marina is more than capable of great deals, but (and we truly do not know if she is the final decision-maker on this) she (and probably the board) do two things that I detest. 

1 They overvalue players in the moment and let £5m or so less offers (less than what they rate them at) go by untaken. They do not see the repercussion over the longer term even horizon.. Willian is a good example, as we are out the £65m and walk away with nothing, BUT there are so many others. The same for the £45m for Alonso, etc etc etc. The monies lost from taking those deals turns down versus what we will end up with is CRAZY when you add it all up (which we can do when the dregs involved are finally sold, and now sold are prices even I will be shocked at, and I already was very pessimistic).

2. (and very much related). She (and the board) also cling to hope too much, especially in contractual management. The non sale of Courtois in 2017 (as they should have KNOWN for a locked-down fact he was never going to renew) to RM is the ultimate example of this. The spill-over from this (around £50m less in ultimate transfer intake for him and then the insane panic buy of Kepa for an amortised cost of around £130-140m, depend in what his actual salary is, en toto) has been horrific. I will cut some slack on Hazard, as the final figure (it could, in theory, end up over £130m, but that is doubtful as that includes things like a pretty much impossible Ballon d'Or win) we get from the add-ons is yet to be determined. I think we probably end up getting around £110-115m (it is at £103m or so now) or so at the end of the day, so that is roughly £65-70m less than we could have had in 2018. Our revenue that came from winning the EL and gaining CL offset most of this. we would have NEVER done that without Eden, so it is is basically a wash, or near enough to not give a toss about. 

Thank fuck for Atletico Madrid's stupidity (Costa and Morata)

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Overall Regu looks better and costs 1/3 of the price which is alot. I rather get Regu and then use the left-over money to help grab DR. BC is better than what we have atm for sure and can become better as he is nowhere near his peak but I still go for Regu. If RM wants to insert a buy back clause then forget it.....we dont develop players for anybody much less for RM.

I don't want anymore Spaniards players. Sorry I'm done with that market for now. The rising tide is on the Germans and English. These two countries are producing mass top talents. France too, but right now we are focusing on the German and English market. And obviously English market cost more but I'm okay with that. To have a top English player is worth it. At 23 if we can get 5 good years from him then it's worth it. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

FUCK 

I am torn. 

I mean Juve had a buy back on Morata. 

On the other hand it feels like a "small club" thing. 

But given our LB issue, I would take it. 

Just now, Puliiszola said:

I am torn. 

I mean Juve had a buy back on Morata. 

On the other hand it feels like a "small club" thing. 

But given our LB issue, I would take it. 

I would concede a right of first refusal.THAT is more than fair.

Sell on clause might be an option (NOT both)

I also would accept a buyback of triple the price (€75m) as then it is not 'small club' but is simply great business, as I do not see Reguilon ever going up to Davies/Alaba/Kimmich level (I CAN see Theo getting there perhaps)

Triple the price paid is exactly what Getafe are trying to do with the underwhelming Marc Cucurella

14 minutes ago, whats happening said:

depennds on how much the buy-back price is. if its like 70-80 million, sure let them have it. if it's like 30 or 40 they can go fuck themselves 

In pretty much every transfer I've seen buy-back clauses included in they've been around 30-50% more than the initial fee, at the very most a 100% increase. That's basing it on deals for players like Morata, Carvajal, Boga, Aké etc. 

Two of the ones mentioned were even from Real Madrid under Perez' leadership so it stands to reason that's the kind of deal they would be looking for this time too. So with a £22.5M fee for Reguilon we'd probably be looking at a £35-45M buy-back at most. Otherwise what's the point of even having a buy-back clause if it's set so high he would most likely be sold for around that price anyway.

I think Real Madrid are serious about including a buy-back for Reguilon. Marcelo is not getting any younger so he might still have a place there in the future, but selling him now would give them much-needed funds during the pandemic times so any player not in their immediate plans is up for grabs but ideally they'll want to leave the door open for those they actually rate.

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can he do this?

the last fullbacks I can safely say who have that skill level (and not at 19 years of age) were Cafu and Roberto Carlos, but Davies is bigger and has more pace

Marcelo, no way, lack of pace, although for sure he had the dribbling skills (but was also SHIT on defence)

maybe prime Alves, 

Ash maybe, but cannot say with utter certainty,

Alaba, nope

again

he is a TEENAGER

32 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Alonso could of done that against that barca team.

Alonso on godlike football steroids equals

everything skill wise, plus so much better, and also insane pace, and even bigger

genetic freak

greatest 'big' (above 6 feet 2, Facchetti was listed at almost 6.3 and a half, but I think was easily 6 4 and half) fullback in history

Giacinto Facchetti

eb985a8bb32ae2df95afebf5733a6b91.png

Giacinto Facchetti: il nero e l'azzurro - Corriere dello SportInter and Italy legend Giacinto Facchetti (1970s). Died 10 years ...

Can he do this?
The skill move against Semedo could have done any player. I really do not know why he was sleeping so bad. It was even easier because Davies was standing.
Defenders these days can't do even the basics right

47 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The skill move against Semedo could have done any player. I really do not know why he was sleeping so bad. It was even easier because Davies was standing.
Defenders these days can't do even the basics right

Indeed. It wasn't actually a great bit of skill, it was principally shocking defending.