Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Believe me, I'm praying daily for Odoi and RLC to regain their form... and I think peoples frustrstions are because we know how good they were and how immense they were going to be. We built dreams upon their shoulders and watching them play in their current state...hurts... really hurts man. It's like watching your kids struggle to blend in with other kids at school... this shit aint easy. 

I don't know how much people are shitting on CHO and RLC? I think everyone here is cheering for them to regain form.

The business end of the sport is CHO's wages are far to high for a bench player.

What people forget is that Ruben injured himself during a friendly. I am pretty sure he will never give 100% in any friendly match whatsoever again

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I hope no one comes out Blaming Lamps training sessions for the injuries today. But both really looked like they won’t stop anyone from starting the season. Still should make them miss international duty (hopefully). Could be a blessing in disguise really, same as the COVID guys not going on intl duty just before the season starts instead training with frank and the guys in Conham. 
anyway I think not signing another right winger Is a massive show of faith in CHO. Not just aLl the youth players, all players will have to raise their level. competition this season is crazy. Of  all of last seasons starters I think only Pulisic, Kante and und RJ/Azpi will be nailed on starters this season. 

8 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Connor looked awesome in the middle of a shit show. 

And he was played out of position and with youngsters who are not on his level. I want him to play with starters in midfield!

Our starting defense should be: Chilwell, Silva, Zouma, Azpi and new GK. None of them played last night except Azpi as CB.  

And do we know the reasons why all the players did not play? Zouma? 

And we will for sure play more friendlies? PL start is in 15 days.

Dave no way, he was my fav for many years.

But last season showed he should be put out to pasture, he struggled all season, and then the FA cup final he got mugged everytime by Aubameyang it was painful.

No! it's got to be:

James Zouma Thiago Chilwell

Not sure who's captain i'd probably go for Kova

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Dave no way, he was my fav for many years.

But last season showed he should be put out to pasture, he struggled all season, and then the FA cup final he got mugged everytime by Aubameyang it was painful.

No! it's got to be:

James Zouma Thiago Chilwell

Not sure who's captain i'd probably go for Kova

Kovacic Captain, Thiago Vice

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So are we not playing another warm up match before the season starts? One match against Brighton weeks beforehand with loads of players missing surely isn't enough.

From looks of it nope..dont think anyone else is either. Guess season starts in 2 weeks and teams don't want to risk it? Duno seems strange that one game is it.

9 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

From looks of it nope..dont think anyone else is either. Guess season starts in 2 weeks and teams don't want to risk it? Duno seems strange that one game is it.

Haven't Liverpool and Arse both played about 3 preseason matches each?

Seems pretty ridiculous to enter a season with the likes of Thiago Silva, Havertz, a new keeper etc having never even played together before. At least Timo and Ziyech have been here training for weeks.

Have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of Alonso, RLC/Barkely, Kepa and all these players who aren't up to scratch for quite a while until our new signings get up to speed. Which could cost us some important points.

27 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Don't think clubs have much of a choice. Players will only return to their clubs on Sept 8-9 and the season starts on Sept 12. Only City and United have some space to play 1-2 pre-season games before their first league match. 

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Haven't Liverpool and Arse both played about 3 preseason matches each?

Seems pretty ridiculous to enter a season with the likes of Thiago Silva, Havertz, a new keeper etc having never even played together before. At least Timo and Ziyech have been here training for weeks.

Have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of Alonso, RLC/Barkely, Kepa and all these players who aren't up to scratch for quite a while until our new signings get up to speed. Which could cost us some important points.

Most clubs are on the same boat. United and City haven't even started their pre-season yet.

Don't really think it would be an issue for future signings to fit in immediately, especially the keeper and defenders. For instance, we signed Kepa 3 days before the start of the season 2 years ago and he immediately went into the XI in the first game. Silva, maybe, won't start the first game at most since he's in quarantine anyway. Havertz, if/when he does come, would probably have been slowly integrated as well. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't think clubs have much of a choice. Players will only return to their clubs on Sept 8-9 and the season starts on Sept 12. Only City and United have some space to play 1-2 pre-season games before their first league match. 

And I guess also its not like they haven't played for months and be rusty. Gotta do what can be done with short amount of time and all..no point cramming games in with little time before the real thing.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So are we not playing another warm up match before the season starts? One match against Brighton weeks beforehand with loads of players missing surely isn't enough.

For all intents and purposes most players have more pre season games playing for internationals.

Not ideal (especially to build up team rapport) but the short break plus that should make them pretty match sharp by the time we return to The Amex.

Getting basically a whole new defense organized and gelled literally on the fly and once the season has started is probably going to be rough for a while. Yes, other clubs are in the same boat but it just feels super poorly thought out by the league.