• Jorginho
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Haha good joke. After RLC he was worst player on the pitch. Horrible offensively, absolutely every time he had the ball. Should never play a winger again. That is like playing Caballero there.

Also the main reason why Lamptey was so good today. And should have stop the shot for their goal or make it more difficult for opponent. 

Lampard rates him and RLC more but for me Gallagher and even Barkley should play ahead of them. Looks like 12 year old kid playing with pro guys.

He wasn't the motm but he timo and kante were the only ones always running and pressing.

Saying he was second worst on the pitch is definitely a joke.

Mount played well considering he was out of position

And mount was our second best player all last season so no idea what you're on about with the barkley and Gallagher being better thing.

Don't worry Timo is rarely injured for more than a few days. Has only missed 13 matches in his whole career. Most of them due to common cold.

I have to say i have a bit of sympathy for RLC. he was basically used as a battering ram to create space for werners runs. He failed miserably but it is not really his game. anyway, given how poor a player he is he should try his best at anything that is asked of him and he did not really look bothered today.

I like how we scored from a corner first time fo rages.

AC-Zouma looked rock solid. only the dunk header was a chance they conceded. Reece and esp alonso were particlalry poor. It can not be that an average player like lamptey cuts through our left side such that we need to double up on him. Alonso is just so so terrible, we really should sign yet another LB and get rid of emerson AND Alonso

Havertz number 10 next time. Encourage him to drop deep and help build up play as well as wonder to either wing and link up with the wingers. Hes got a good first time pass and he's intelligent.

No more of this 424 shit. The amount of long balls should stop in the first game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Haha good joke. After RLC he was worst player on the pitch. Horrible offensively, absolutely every time he had the ball. Should never play a winger again. That is like playing Caballero there.

Also the main reason why Lamptey was so good today. And should have stop the shot for their goal or make it more difficult for opponent. 

Lampard rates him and RLC more but for me Gallagher and even Barkley should play ahead of them. Looks like 12 year old kid playing with pro guys.

Buddy, I seriously enjoy your comments, but Your agenda against mount is bordering on being childish, honestly.

Mount worked over time, protecting alonso's ass. Most of anything good that we did in linking the pivots and the attack came from mount. Our right flank barely created an attack in the first half. I mean if that was a "poor" performance from mount, then you have got to be just biased.

4 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

He wasn't the motm but he timo and kante were the only ones always running and pressing.

When people try to praise Mount... Running and pressing... We are speaking about attacking player.

If he was so good at running and pressing why he did not do shit with Lamptey on his side?

Chris, Zouma, James, Jorgi, Kante, Timo were our good players today. And Ross a bit from the bench.

He wasn't the motm but he timo and kante were the only ones always running and pressing.Saying he was second worst on the pitch is definitely a joke.

Mount played well considering he was out of position

And mount was our second best player all last season so no idea what you're on about with the barkley and Gallagher being better thing.

You can also say that Ruben was playing out of the position, so that does not count.
Mount and Alonso gave Lamptey a free pass, so Lamptey could do whatever he wanted.
Mount, Ruben and Havertz were all horrible.
Mount today was just running and I saw him win one tackle in the end. He was top 3 or 4 worst player on the pitch

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Don't worry Timo is rarely injured for more than a few days. Has only missed 13 matches in his whole career. Most of them due to common cold.

I have to say i have a bit of sympathy for RLC. he was basically used as a battering ram to create space for werners runs. He failed miserably but it is not really his game. anyway, given how poor a player he is he should try his best at anything that is asked of him and he did not really look bothered today.

I like how we scored from a corner first time fo rages.

AC-Zouma looked rock solid. only the dunk header was a chance they conceded. Reece and esp alonso were particlalry poor. It can not be that an average player like lamptey cuts through our left side such that we need to double up on him. Alonso is just so so terrible, we really should sign yet another LB and get rid of emerson AND Alonso

I had been saying the same thing. We shoukd buy reguilon and sell both emerson and alonso. Somehow people deluded themselves in believing he is a "decent" no. 2. 

2 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Havertz number 10 next time. Encourage him to drop deep and help build up play as well as wonder to either wing and link up with the wingers. Hes got a good first time pass and he's intelligent.

No more of this 424 shit. The amount of long balls should stop in the first game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

+1. Plus where did this 4-2-4 come from? Why? Would not a 4-3-3 have suited us way better with jorginho controlling the mid. For all his issues, jorgi does that brilliantly, and we played in a way that he could not possibly do that.

3 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Buddy, I seriously enjoy your comments, but Your agenda against mount is bordering on being childish, honestly.

Mount worked over time, protecting alonso's ass. Most of anything good that we did in linking the pivots and the attack came from mount. Our right flank barely created an attack in the first half. I mean if that was a "poor" performance from mount, then you have got to be just biased.

I praise him when he play good. August, September last season. A couple of games after restart.

I do not have agenda. Go watch comments during the game. At least 5-10 other people complained about his game. You think he should play winger?

Problem here for me is RLC had horrible game but no point to criticize him because he will be dropped and when everyone is fit he will not make it to the bench. Similar with Kepa and Alonso when Mendy and Chilwell are here. Solid backups.

But no matter how Mount plays he will always be regular. CHO is our only winger fit and he do not start? Or Werner LW and our best player since February Giroud CF? No, everyone can be dropped except him. This is on Lamps.

And funny how people react only when I criticize him. I only speak about his game, and you and others go after Jorginho or Kepa on personal level and insult them... Jorginho was motm today and will you say one good thing? No...

When people try to praise Mount... Running and pressing... We are speaking about attacking player.
If he was so good at running and pressing why he did not do shit with Lamptey on his side?
Chris, Zouma, James, Jorgi, Kante, Timo were our good players today. And Ross a bit from the bench.

You can't discount his running and pressing because he is an attacking player and then say he struggled defensively.

I don't get why you hate mount but anyway, he was good today as most people saw. And he is probably one of our most consistent players. He was practically the only one running and pressing when our back was against the wall and had way more of an impact than any of the midfielders and wingers barring kante.

Lamptey played well all game. He was clearly brightons best player and his pace was too much for alonso and whoever else was in there.

You can also say that Ruben was playing out of the position, so that does not count.
Mount and Alonso gave Lamptey a free pass, so Lamptey could do whatever he wanted.
Mount, Ruben and Havertz were all horrible.
Mount today was just running and I saw him win one tackle in the end. He was top 3 or 4 worst player on the pitch

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

But the difference is that mount effected the game out of position. RLC did not. He lost the ball countless times. Didn't win it back at all.

So I don't get the mount hate. Based on other opinions as well as rating sites mount was above an average rating which seems about right.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I praise him when he play good. August, September last season. A couple of games after restart.

I do not have agenda. Go watch comments during the game. At least 5-10 other people complained about his game. You think he should play winger?

Problem here for me is RLC had horrible game but no point to criticize him because he will be dropped and when everyone is fit he will not make it to the bench. Similar with Kepa and Alonso when Mendy and Chilwell are here. Solid backups.

But no matter how Mount plays he will always be regular. CHO is our only winger fit and he do not start? Or Werner LW and our best player since February Giroud CF? No, everyone can be dropped except him. This is on Lamps.

And funny how people react only when I criticize him. I only speak about his game, and you and others go after Jorginho or Kepa on personal level and insult them... Jorginho was motm today and will you say one good thing? No...

If he had just 2-3 good months, he would not have been in contention for our player of the year or PL's young player of the year award. Just because you have made yourself believe that "he was poor", does not mean anyone/most people see it that ways. 

You think CHO would have dared better defensively against lamptey? It was quite clear we were going to go long ball, CHO on the left would have been as nullified as Kai on the right. Mount atleast gave us numbers in the mid and link up between jorginho-kante with werner and RLc 

People react because you are ALWAYS critisizing mount. You are critisizing him after a solid game as if he had a shocker. 

Jorgi had a good game, but are we willing to play this way or play without a press all season long? It's pretty obvious jorgi can't be a solo DM, as he is targetted consistently. A double pivot with kante or kova, means a 4-man press which will really cost us. I don't know any team which successfully plays a pressing game having a double pivot. A pressing game requires 4-3-3. Also, don't think I have ever personally abused kepa ever. Specially on a forum where people call players like "donkeyoko" and "donkeywater" or "batshit", I think nothing I have said can be called as abuse.

Firstly it's huge to get a win first game of the season. It's easy to forget that we're coming straight into the season off the back of no real pre season, which is even more difficult for us when we've had a higher turnover in players compared to most. No team this weekend has made me stand up and think "bloody hell, they look really good" so to get 3 points to start us off was vital.

It was also important to win a game not playing particularly well. I can't remember many times, if at all, that happened last season. We always seemed to have to play well to win games and when we didn't play well we got beat. I can't help but feel last season we would have drawn or lost that game after the equaliser but we did wrestle some control back in the game in the second half and saw the game out comfortably after the third goal which is another pleasing aspect of perhaps a little bit of maturity starting to show.

One player that I've always been fairly critical about, Christensen, I actually thought played very well tonight. There were a couple of times where he stepped across to make an interception which could have been more dangerous than it ended up being. He looked much more composed and assured than he did towards the end of last season.

I mentioned the other day about loaning out RLC this season and keeping Barkley and stand by that even more so after today. The only way RLC can recover properly from this injury is playing week in week out and getting back rhythm, something he won't be afforded here. 

People have mentioned about this 4-2-4 but I think realistically when everyone is back and fit it will be more of a 4-2-3-1. What I did notice however is that Lampard seemed to want the attacking players to interchange. Didn't work too well today but I think with the right personnel it could cause teams massive problems. All of our attacking players are versatile which seems to be something that Lampard puts in high regard and I think he'll try to make use of that this season. For example later in the game when Werner moved to the left hand side for a period, I could imagine when that is providing space for Pulisic to move centrally it could create a few openings.

One other thing of note is if we don't manage to buy Declan Rice this summer, I think Lampard will use Reece James at times in midfield. Particularly to help see games out or especially when Kante is not fit to offer a better defensive presence in the middle.