• Jorginho
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Looked like Alonso was pushing a trolley up and down that left side. 

The centrebacks were good defensively but their tendency to go long whenever they are pressed worries me.

Reece-Kante midfield to see out games is interesting and could be solid

Don't care it was ugly. Will take the three points and run. This could be like Conte 2016-17 where finding the right team could take a while. 

Yeah I don't get the Mason Mount hate from some people either, he might not be the flashiest of attacking midfielders, but he is a very good player to have in your squad, think he will eventually turn out to be England's next James Milner which frankly is not a bad thing, they both seem to be very similar in many ways, at least in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

You actually think a source which gave kai more than mount is reliable? If mount had made that howler pass, scuffed a shot, lost the ball n number of times and shown that "body language", people would have ripped him a new one.

And if we are using ratings, then I would rather use a good one like whoscored which rated that performance as 7.2, more than Kai's 6.9

If we were looking at facts, then mount had 2 key passes tied highest in the team with jorginho (kai had 1), he had tied highest dribbles with werner (2, kai had 1), he was dispossessed just once (kai had 3, werner had 2).

Defensively he had the team's highest tackles - 4, and a very important clearance.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485192/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Brighton-Chelsea

So MoTM, not for me, but I wont ridicule anyone who thought so too. It was a solid performance and if kai had put in a similar one with similar numbers, we would all be jizzing ourselves.

So again, it's the internet, you could find sources, supporting your argument, I can do so with mine. It's all just perspective and bias, just the way you claim that one of the best pl young players had just 2 good months last season. 

Whoscored has Alonso as our best rated player from last season so not sure how much I would trust them.

Havertz was not better than Mount yesterday but he has free pass in the beginning. 

55 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

u can find him defending in the box and at the same time he will be on par with the striker on the counter. 

And how is this going? I agree that pressing and running is his biggest quality but not really end product. 

Go watch 1st Sheffield goal from July. He lost the ball around the box. Also after restart Villa goal in our win 1:2. He lost the player in the box but tbh he should not cover tall CB in the first place.

And yesterday he shares the blame with Kepa for the goal. This is his biggest quality yet he did not bother to just put his leg and we would not even speak about Kepa.

Paul Ince also spoke about Mount for this goal. 0:50

So Mount was (partly) at fault for 3 goals we conceded in the last 13 games he played. And all this comes with him playing a winger or AM. This would be a horrible record even for a defender. And offensively he is mostly brain dead in the final 3rd.

I remember Lamptey going between him and Alonso like they are not there. So when we praise Mount it is always energy, pressing, running... Is that enough? James Rodriguez has nothing of that and looked world class for Everton in the 1st game.

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Yeah I don't get the Mason Mount hate from some people either, he might not be the flashiest of attacking midfielders, but he is a very good player to have in your squad, think he will eventually turn out to be England's next James Milner which frankly is not a bad thing, they both seem to be very similar in many ways, at least in my opinion.

No one is hating on him. Pointing out the obvious is not hating. And I actually agree with you about Milner.

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Whoscored has Alonso as our best rated player from last season so not sure how much I would trust them.

Havertz was not better than Mount yesterday but he has free pass in the beginning. 

And how is this going? I agree that pressing and running is his biggest quality but not really end product. 

Go watch 1st Sheffield goal from July. He lost the ball around the box. Also after restart Villa goal in our win 1:2. He lost the player in the box but tbh he should not cover tall CB in the first place.

And yesterday he shares the blame with Kepa for the goal. This is his biggest quality yet he did not bother to just put his leg and we would not even speak about Kepa.

Paul Ince also spoke about Mount for this goal. 0:50

So Mount was (partly) at fault for 3 goals we conceded in the last 13 games he played. And all this comes with him playing a winger or AM. This would be a horrible record even for a defender. And offensively he is mostly brain dead in the final 3rd.

I remember Lamptey going between him and Alonso like they are not there. So when we praise Mount it is always energy, pressing, running... Is that enough? James Rodriguez has nothing of that and looked world class for Everton in the 1st game.

How is it going? From our situation where we were, I say not bad at all. 

Every players has his flaws, if we have to analyse our players for last season then we will find everyone "partly" to be blamed for one thing or the other. I never said Mount is perfect, there are flaws which can rectified and if not Mount in our current setup then who? We already have changed half of the team ... do we keep changing and chopping the squad every season and sometime we need to believe in a player which we havent till now. 

For the goal that we conceded yest for which he could have put his foot ... there always be divided opinions. I for one wouldnt want anyone putting anything unless it is a solid stop. Had he put his foot and it would have deflected into the goal these pundits would had been tearing him down. 

WELL!

Whoever was bigging up RLC pre game whats your thoughts now? Gotta go IMO.

The CBs shocked me - not 1 bad thing to say about them. Rock steady!

Reece had little mistakes but better corner taker than Willian and needs to let that right foot swing more.

Havertz was a little tiger. Ran himself ragged. NEEDS to be behind Werner as we all said before hand. Seems HL doesnt read TC! He will be great.

Mount is a hard one. I dont know just where he fits in. Ziyech will be on RW. Havertz will be ACM. Back 2 should be Kova/Kante unless Rice comes. So Im totally at a loss with the lad/ See where his dad plays him and who loses their spot to him.

Werner may well be my new man crush. Watching that after match interview gave me a semi lol Guys gonna be a Phenom!

Gotta say tho guys. My main worry is FL! 

He worries me that hes too much of a stubborn sod. I dont understand if when he sees a formation or player isnt working then change it. WHY did he keep RLC n for a extra 15 mins in 2nd half?

But not gonna bitch n whine. We need to get all the new lads in, get them gelling, HOPE FL finds a formation and a team that works before I make a proper thought.

A wins a win

2 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

+1. Plus where did this 4-2-4 come from? Why? Would not a 4-3-3 have suited us way better with jorginho controlling the mid. For all his issues, jorgi does that brilliantly, and we played in a way that he could not possibly do that.

I guess lampard bought that myth about Werner being better in a front 2. Or maybe he just wanted to accomodate him a bit too ease his transition into english football. Anyway RLC badly failed to playing bodyguard for Werner, so Timo was basically on his own anyway and did just fine. I could see the 4-2-4 working with Giroud but I can easily see Werner leading the line on is own too. Not sure if Havertz can drop into the position RLC played today and not get crushed tho, so no idea if it is so smart to play him high up front in the middle. we will see

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I guess lampard bought that myth about Werner being better in a front 2. Or maybe he just wanted to accomodate him a bit too ease his transition into english football. Anyway RLC badly failed to playing bodyguard for Werner, so Timo was basically on his own anyway and did just fine. I could see the 4-2-4 working with Giroud but I can easily see Werner leading the line on is own too. Not sure if Havertz can drop into the position RLC played today and not get crushed tho, so no idea if it is so smart to play him high up front in the middle. we will see

Front 4 has to be

PULI WERNER ZIYECH

KAI

Those 4 are so fluid and will be inter changing they will be shooting from everywhere. No team will know who to mark.

Im excited

6 hours ago, R2D2 said:

We won't see Kepa again until the Carling cup hopefully.

And we have Carabao cup next week lol

I still think Frank will not put Mendy to make a debut against Liverpool so Kepa will play that and Mendy next week against Championship side.

23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I still think Frank will not put Mendy to make a debut against Liverpool so Kepa will play that and Mendy next week against Championship side.

Dont know about anyone else what you lot think but Im not thinking their goal was a mistake by Kepa. I just dont think he was good enough to stop it.But he was OK at times.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Dont know about anyone else what you lot think but Im not thinking their goal was a mistake by Kepa. I just dont think he was good enough to stop it.But he was OK at times.

Could maybe have done a bit better maybe but again it takes a horrible dip. Even then, Mason Mounts attempt to close the shooter down all of the two yards he was away is absolutely criminal. Its not been mentioned once ironically either for all the talk of Mounts defensive contributions. For all the talk of work rate etc he’s on the edge of the box its 2 yards its not difficult.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Could maybe have done a bit better maybe but again it takes a horrible dip. Even then, still Mason Mounts attempt to close the shooter down all of the two yards he was away is absolutely criminal. Its not been mentioned once ironically either for all the talk of Mounts defensive contributions. For all the talk of work rate etc he’s on the edge of the box its 2 yards its not difficult.

Agree. I see peeps saying he was their MOTM but I must have missed something they saw.

Masons got skills but hes not a nailed on starter yet no matter what FL thinks.

13 hours ago, Muzchap said:

yeah it's sad but he hasn't made it and the injuries have cut short his development. 

I don't think he ever really had much chance of making it because what's wrong with him is in his head and he's never given much hope that he would be able to fix it. Rubes has the tools but he simply does not influence games and never has. Seven or eight years ago someone asked me to rate the chances of Ruben and Jeremie Boga. I said that Jed was 50/50 but that Ruben had virtually no chance unless he got a huge kick up the backside and that that lesson sank in. I'm sure he's had the boot but if it was going to work it would have done a long time ago.

In that same post I said that RLC would be lucky to get a gig in League One unless he changed. I hope, I really hope, he can do better than that but it's not certain. In fact I think he has to do better because he has to be able to contribute to a strong side. He does not have enough 'battle' in him to earn the trust of coaches at weaker teams.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

it breaks my little blue heart, because he WAS such a unique combo of huge size, pace and skill, but he is just shot to hell now

He still is all of that but he simply has never been a consistent influence on football games. He sometimes shows a glimpse which keeps everyone hoping and waiting but it is not enough and never has been.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he would have tbh (Cech made his debut Vs United) but he will have to quarentine when he comes in from France.

That said Liverpool at Stamford Bridge was the one fixture Kepa ripped up his form book in last season so hopefully that happens again.

I think he would have tbh (Cech made his debut Vs United) but he will have to quarentine when he comes in from France.
That said Liverpool at Stamford Bridge was the one fixture Kepa ripped up his form book in last season so hopefully that happens again.
Is France on the UK quarantine list? So he would have to do a 14 days quarantine?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk