• Jorginho
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Well this was basically another pre season game, we are still not there yet. And with more and more new players coming it, along with Kova and Puli, this could be something.

And we are already PLUS 2 points compared to last season (1-1 last time).

To be fair to Brighton they had a decent shape and worked fucking hard against us.

We were a bit shit - starting with RLC didnt help and Havertz shrunk rather than grew into the game, but he needs to play with better players.

Mount is useless on the wing- we shouldn't even bother trying it.

Oh well - need a new keeper.

Thought Christie was good in defence- he played well. 

I will accept the points, but not the performance....however it can only get better. Points to Ponder:

1). RLC needs more training, but I am sure he will come good

2)  Our front six will gel and there were some traces to be seen today.

3). Werner looks the real deal, he is going terrorize defences in EPL

4).  Kepa..........

5) We badly need Silva, Pulisic and Chilwell

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

That is bc we are mostly playing the same team as last season while missing our best player. 
RLC as no 10 not being able to hold onto the ball or playing simple passes Fucked up all our attacks

alonso and Kepa are just being Alonso and Kepa. Crap players with a normal performance for their standards. For any other player that were poor performances but for them it sexagtky what you expect 

Its nothing to do with players. We look disjointed. There is too much space in midfield. Thats a coaching thing, we never had that much space in there during Conte or Sarri's time. We let people take free hits and don't close down. We have been fundamentally flowed since last August. Lamps has to improve us there otherwise he won't last past Christmas because we will concede loads even with Mendy in.

1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

Very meh match. However, with Mendy, Kovacic, Ziyech, Pulisic, Chiwell and Silva available we’re going to be a completely different team.

Can Lampard have the courage to play all of them in one team? 

Also worth noting that there has been 0 pre season and havertz didn't even get some game time with Germany.

So it makes sense that many of them and him in particular were rusty.

We got the 3 points and that's more than lots of these teams could say. No point overreacting to 1 performance

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Our only good midfielder today was Kante. Every other midfielder was horrible

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Barkley made a big difference after he came on, and Kante was far better in the 2nd half, he was dire in the first

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

A win is a win, what did we learn...

Werner works his nuts off.

Havertz unfit

Alonso is absolute garbage but we knew that

Absolutely no place for a lazy and over rated RLC, he is just woeful.

Kepa is crap

Kante is a monster 

Reece James will only get better

For this game. Havertz perform as bad as rlc. Both really woeful

Sad to see. Gosh, I hope havertz problem is only he isn't fit. His desire or interested to actually play is almost none. He really looks similiar like unmotivated ozil or when fabregas was really out of depth in certain games. Which is not good at all

I really hope he isnt play like that anymore

I know I am in the minority but I thought Kepa looked better today, more assured. That goal was terrible other than that I feel like his heading in right direction. His distribution was on point and made decent saves when called upon in the 1st half. He even came out for set pieces which was decent to see, hoping this is a fresh start for him and he gets back his confidence. Either way we have good competition coming in.