Sergio Reguilón

NikkiCFC

45 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm sorry but that is way way to harsh on Alonso, he may not be world class but he has his uses and certainly more so than the players you mentioned do. 

Above all else, there's only going to be so much money we can spend in one window, if we want to get rid of Alonso we have to find other ways to sort out our backup LB beyond buying atleast for next year. Whether that's by keeping Emerson instead (lol), promoting Maatsen or do what was done with Milner/Delph and shift a midfielder there, not sure who on our rooster would be suitable for that role, Gallagher perhaps?

How is he much better than michy as striker? Who is continuously called as "batshit". He is not even a LB, he is LWB. The fact that our manager either played azpi as LB or just changed the whole formation to a back 3 should be enough of a tell to show how much faith he has in who is supposed to be our 2nd choice LB in a season where squad depth is going to be paramount. 

Why do we need "budget". The plan is to sell emerson and buy chillwell. If we can offload alonso for 20m€-25m€ too (not unthinkable), and have reguilon/tagliafco available for the same amount, why should budget be an issue?

26 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Alonso is miles above that level of player. The only reason Alonso isn't considered a very good/excellent player is due to speed. Virtually all of his bad points are to do with him being to slow to recover. You play him in a 343 then he is pretty good. The problem is when he is asked to play in a back 4. 

Hence the point I am making since morning. 

Are we going to keep switching to a back 3 to accomodate alonso or are we going to forego the whole left wing when playing him every 3rd game? Because given the fixture congestion he is going to play. What's the solution here? 

Alonso is better as a LB than michy is at scoring goals? Lol. How? Michy is atleast a decent finisher who has issues with his hold up play. Alonso is a "defender" who can't defend, too slow to beat his man in attack, poor at vrossing. What particular attribute of his makes him a "decent LB"? 

4 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

How is he much better than michy as striker? Who is continuously called as "batshit". He is not even a LB, he is LWB. The fact that our manager either played azpi as LB or just changed the whole formation to a back 3 should be enough of a tell to show how much faith he has in who is supposed to be our 2nd choice LB in a season where squad depth is going to be paramount. 

Why do we need "budget". The plan is to sell emerson and buy chillwell. If we can offload alonso for 20m€-25m€ too (not unthinkable), and have reguilon/tagliafco available for the same amount, why should budget be an issue?

Because Michy offers literally nothing unless he's sticking the ball in the net and even his finishing has started deserting him. 

For all Alonso's faults he does have an upside of substance even if we only properly see it one game every four and when he's on it he's capable of match winning moments/performances, main cases in point Spurs and Newcastle at home last season, United away under Sarri where his goal was effectively the clincher for top four, or Spurs away under Conte.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Because Michy offers literally nothing unless he's sticking the ball in the net and even his finishing has started deserting him. 

For all Alonso's faults he does have an upside of substance even if we only properly see it one game every four and when he's on it he's capable of match winning moments/performances, main cases in point Spurs and Newcastle at home last season, United away under Sarri where his goal was effectively the clincher for top four, or Spurs away under Conte.

If we are cherry picking performances, did you get to watch michy at bvb? Each of his performance for light years better than anything alonso has ever put for us. 

Which upsides are we talking about as LB (LB not LWB). I don't want us chopping and changing our formation every 3rd game to incorporate one of the worst players in the squad due to rotation. 

Speed - lol

Beating a man - lol

Crossing - nope

Defending - meh. 

Which particular attribute as a LB should we be thankful for alonso? 

56 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

If we are cherry picking performances, did you get to watch michy at bvb? Each of his performance for light years better than anything alonso has ever put for us. 

Which upsides are we talking about as LB (LB not LWB). I don't want us chopping and changing our formation every 3rd game to incorporate one of the worst players in the squad due to rotation. 

Speed - lol

Beating a man - lol

Crossing - nope

Defending - meh. 

Which particular attribute as a LB should we be thankful for alonso? 

Everywhere Batsh*t has gone he has played as he had at Chelsea i.e. zero all round game, always offside but will stick the ball in the net if you get the ball in the box and he has kept himself onside (about a 50/50 at best he has done so.) Batsh*t is the prime example of why you should never judge a player by stats and youtube clips alone. Anyone that watches him properly knows he has super low football intelligence and that he has shown zero development in this regard for 4-5 years. 

As for Alonso, as has been stated his speed is the issue. However, when you dominate 60%+ of the possession he is fine as he doesn't really need to track back. 

As for your points, no he isn't going to be beating a man with skill but his positional play going forward is pretty good. An example of this was the Dippers at home where he kept on getting in behind them. Only reason he didn't get two assists was because Batsh*t headed wide and Mount blazed over, both times he put in perfect balls to the players. So, yes whilst his crossing isn't TAA style, he does know how to play balls in (these are usually more between the lines than crosses.) This is also borne out in his stats where he has pretty high assists levels for a LB/LWB when it comes to minutes played. Defending he is one of the few players we have that can actually head the ball so at set pieces, so he is handy against bigger physical teams, in one on one's he isn't that great but again, if you have him in against the bottom half of the PL and non-top teams in Europe, he isn't that big of an issue as they have far fewer attacks.  

Another thing with him is that he actually scores at a high rate for a LB/LWB so going forward you have to say he good.

As me and Tomo are arguing there is no disagreement that we need a new LB to play as a LB in a 4 and especially against the top teams as we need someone who can defend better, however Alonso as LB2 is a pretty good option. Personally, looking around the league I would say he would possibly be the best LB2 in the league unless that new kid form Greece that the Dippers have picked up is very good. 

22 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Everywhere Batsh*t has gone he has played as he had at Chelsea i.e. zero all round game, always offside but will stick the ball in the net if you get the ball in the box and he has kept himself onside (about a 50/50 at best he has done so.) Batsh*t is the prime example of why you should never judge a player by stats and youtube clips alone. Anyone that watches him properly knows he has super low football intelligence and that he has shown zero development in this regard for 4-5 years. 

As for Alonso, as has been stated his speed is the issue. However, when you dominate 60%+ of the possession he is fine as he doesn't really need to track back. 

As for your points, no he isn't going to be beating a man with skill but his positional play going forward is pretty good. An example of this was the Dippers at home where he kept on getting in behind them. Only reason he didn't get two assists was because Batsh*t headed wide and Mount blazed over, both times he put in perfect balls to the players. So, yes whilst his crossing isn't TAA style, he does know how to play balls in (these are usually more between the lines than crosses.) This is also borne out in his stats where he has pretty high assists levels for a LB/LWB when it comes to minutes played. Defending he is one of the few players we have that can actually head the ball so at set pieces, so he is handy against bigger physical teams, in one on one's he isn't that great but again, if you have him in against the bottom half of the PL and non-top teams in Europe, he isn't that big of an issue as they have far fewer attacks.  

Another thing with him is that he actually scores at a high rate for a LB/LWB so going forward you have to say he good.

As me and Tomo are arguing there is no disagreement that we need a new LB to play as a LB in a 4 and especially against the top teams as we need someone who can defend better, however Alonso as LB2 is a pretty good option. Personally, looking around the league I would say he would possibly be the best LB2 in the league unless that new kid form Greece that the Dippers have picked up is very good. 

Really? 60+% possession means you won't have to be tracking back? Have you seen the goals we conceded this season? 

For every half decent thing he does, j can give 5 examples of him fucking up. Want me to start listing them? The number of times we lose all momentum in attack as alonso, simply drags the ball behind.

So you are telling me against the likes of yarmelenko, saint-maximim etc his defending won't be an issue? 

By God, as fans we really only see what we want to, rihjt? Suddenly alonso has become decent. The same alonso who I can't remember the last time he started as LB because our manager has no faith in him.

"Personally, looking around the league I would say he would possibly be the best LB2 in the league unless that new kid form Greece that the Dippers have picked up is very good. "

I am sorry, but this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have read EVER. I mean, I am actually laughing so hard reading this, it's unbelievable. Again, what is this based on? Are you telling me he is better than zinchenko? The Williams kid from United who has looked pretty good. I mean Milner is 10 times the LB alonso can ever dream off. It's shocking people who are dissing on batshuayi and bigging up alonso!! Alonso!!! Hahahaha. That is actually funny. Unbelievable

17 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I mean Milner is 10 times the LB alonso can ever dream off. It's shocking people who are dissing on batshuayi and bigging up alonso!! Alonso!!! Hahahaha. That is actually funny. Unbelievable

this is madness

Rachel shenton GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

do you even realise that Milner is right footed, nearing 35, and was shit as a LB, was only forced to lay there as they literally had no other options

smdh

and you have the jacobs to ridicule and mock @King Kante??

lol

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Also, what makes people say he will do well.against newcastle? 

Funny you mentioned Newcastle.

You clearly have some agenda against Alonso. From all 8 defenders we have he costed us less goals than anyone else.

Apart from Bournemouth and City last season we were very solid defensively and Alonso was regular at back 4. 29 goals conceded in 36 games. And btw he did not even play against Bournemouth.

This season he was a part of that 7 or 8 games winning run in Sep-Oct. Again in back 4.

19 goals and 14 assists in 113 games in PL for Chelsea is amazing for his position. So he is a threat offensively always. This season for Frank again 4 goals and 3 assists in just 1430 minutes. We go with Azpi as LB or 5 at the back when we play James because of the balance. He is very weak defensively. 

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this is madness

do you even realise that Milner is right footed, nearing 35, and was shit as a LB, was only forced to lay there as they literally had no other options

smdh

lol

He was shit as LB and yet alonso is fine? whose primary role is LB. Lol. Sure.

Edited by Puliiszola

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny you mentioned Newcastle.

You clearly have some agenda against Alonso. From all 8 defenders we have he costed us less goals than anyone else.

Apart from Bournemouth and City last season we were very solid defensively and Alonso was regular at back 4. 29 goals conceded in 36 games. And btw he did not even play against Bournemouth.

This season he was a part of that 7 or 8 games winning run in Sep-Oct. Again in back 4.

19 goals and 14 assists in 113 games in PL for Chelsea is amazing for his position. So he is a threat offensively always. This season for Frank again 4 goals and 3 assists in just 1430 minutes. We go with Azpi as LB or 5 at the back when we play James because of the balance. He is very weak defensively. 

Are we really putting us playing back 5 on James?

We could play back 4 with azpi and Alonso as traditional full backs. And hope that a WHU does not happen.

As for costing goals, sure he costed us the fewest, only if we dismiss things like not closing down Taa for the cross even though he was playing as a WB and literally his only job would have been to not let one of the best crossers in world football, cross. 

Also, I did not mention newcastle, someome else did to show that they don't have an attacking threat, whereas I think newcastle got a decent number of scalps this year playing on the counter and using pace of Saint and almiron. So it's not hard to see why alonso can and will struggle.

Lastly, my only "agenda" against alomso is that he is not good enough. I mean we have people naming our own players as "batshit", "donkeyoko", "donkeywater". I would say that's an agenda. Every time alonso takes the pitch, we suffer. In attack, as well as in defence. 

Also, my point since today morning has been consistent. Chilwell seems tk be a done deal. What if we actually are able to get a 20-25m€ offer for alonso, and get reguilon or tagliafco for the same price. People trying to prove that "alonso will be the best 2nd LB in PL" is what I would say is an agenda. 

20 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

He was shit as LB and yet alonso is fine? whose primary role is LB. Lol. Sure.

Alonso has been, for all his limitations, a VASTLY better LB/LWB then a Milner  ever was in his stint(s) there

if you disagree with that, I will make a definitive statement: you do not know football for shit, literally

Alonso was all EPL first team under Conte

Milner as a LB was one of the worst in the league, he is right-footed and it is not his normal position

Just now, Vesper said:

Alonso has been, for all his limitations, a VASTLY better LB/LWB then a Milner  ever was in his stint(s) there

if you disagree with that, I will make a definitive statement: you do not know football for shit, literally

Alonso was all EPL first team under Conte

Milner as a LB was one of the worst in the league, he is right-footed and it is not his normal position

Alonso made the TOTY playing as LWB, do undersrand the difference between a LWB and LB? What the roles entail? For someone giving away certifications on football knowledge, I would have thought that would be the bare minimum.

Yes, Milner is right footed and yes he is old, yet he did what the primary job was - defend. I watched him this season against Watford and against Everton (the draw after restart), and yes kimited, like azpi becomes when playing as LB, but saying he was poor has got to be a total and complete exageration which is not really unknown for someone like you. 

1 minute ago, Puliiszola said:

Alonso made the TOTY playing as LWB, do undersrand the difference between a LWB and LB? What the roles entail? For someone giving away certifications on football knowledge, I would have thought that would be the bare minimum.

Yes, Milner is right footed and yes he is old, yet he did what the primary job was - defend. I watched him this season against Watford and against Everton (the draw after restart), and yes kimited, like azpi becomes when playing as LB, but saying he was poor has got to be a total and complete exageration which is not really unknown for someone like you. 

nice try

I listed LWB

your arguments are simply wrong and invalid

you do not know football very well, and you are extremely opinionated and combative with other posters

bad combo

54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this is madness

smdh

lol

Do I need to? I think the poster in question is digging enough of a grave without any help. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

nice try

I listed LWB

your arguments are simply wrong and invalid

you do not know football very well, and you are extremely opinionated and combative with other posters

bad combo

You might as well list him as a ST, would make 0 sense when the whole argument is about alonso as a LB. Either read what is being written and said or simply don't post. 

Lol. Someone who can't admit they are wrong despite several people saying "no it's not a hand ball" (our first interaction) or when people explain how amortization works (bakayoko thread) is telling others regarding their football knowledge and giving away character certificates too now. Lol. But no thanks.

Just now, Puliiszola said:

You might as well list him as a ST, would make 0 sense when the whole argument is about alonso as a LB. Either read what is being written and said or simply don't post. 

Lol. Someone who can't admit they are wrong despite several people saying "no it's not a hand ball" (our first interaction) or when people explain how amortization works (bakayoko thread) is telling others regarding their football knowledge and giving away character certificates too now. Lol. But no thanks.

I think Alonso is fine as a backup and 'change of pace' LB (now speaking solely of LB, not LWB)

Are there others who would be better? Yes, but we are probably not going to buy two LB's in the same window, especially as we will get shit money for either Emerson or Alonso due to the COVID-19 influenced market, and the fact we have other holes to fill in first

Maybe we do surprise and do buy 2, but I cannot hang my hat nor my hopes on that, and between the two (Emerson and Alonso) Alonso is clearly the better player, despite his limitations.

Emerson, other than a few, far too often widely-distanced games, has been a flop overall, same as most of the LB's we have purchased since Ash left

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think Alonso is fine as a backup and 'change of pace' LB (now speaking solely of LB, not LWB)

Are there others who would be better? Yes, but we are probably not going to buy two LB's in the same window, especially as we will get shit money for either Emerson or Alonso due to the COVID-19 influenced market, and the fact we have other holes to fill in first

Maybe we do surprise and do buy 2, but I cannot hang my hat nor my hopes on that, and between the two (Emerson and Alonso) Alonso is clearly the better player, despite his limitations.

Emerson, other than a few, far too often widely-distanced games, has been a flop overall, same as most of the LB's we have purchased since Ash left

Fair enough.

There is no doubt between alonso and emerson. 

My only disagreement would be with the first line. Like I said to Tomo, it seems most people on here rate alonso far more than I do. I think he is really poor, and very honestly speaking, would not get in many PL teams who are playing with a back 4. I will understand if he stays as a back up as we could not find a buyer, but hard to accept that FL and our board look at him and say "good enough". I mean in case of an injury to our first choice lB, I can bet azpi starts as many games as LB as alonso does or we just move to a back 3 again. That would be my prediction.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You