Sergio Reguilón

NikkiCFC

Sergio and Ben are born 5 days apart, they are both born in the last 15 days of the millennial gen (born 1981-1996)
Sergio Reguilón
Born: December 16, 1996 
Ben Chilwell
Born: December 21, 1996

Thanks for that. I always thought Chilwell is slightly older.

Chilwell is good but the price tag is a massive no go for me unless he's next Roberto Carlos. More expensive not always means better and Kepa and Maguire are good examples. We shouldn't be going around and dropping £80m on every single player.

49 minutes ago, Kajo said:

Thanks for that. I always thought Chilwell is slightly older.

Chilwell is good but the price tag is a massive no go for me unless he's next Roberto Carlos. More expensive not always means better and Kepa and Maguire are good examples. We shouldn't be going around and dropping £80m on every single player.

Search Reguilón on here

the oldest  25 or 30 or so posts are from me, lol

I did not have him as close to my number one LB target back in early to late 2019, but he was on my radar

I am sure some of the old posts have not aged well, but some probably did

I was pissed that Barca got Firpo for only £16m

I still think he comes good, especially if he goes to Inter and plays wingback

Barca fucking wrecks so many players

If we are looking at Reguilon, hopefuly we are looking at Diego Carlos too. Or even Kounde. Dude is not tallest, but has massive leap, just outjumps everyone. Bit like Ramos.

I dont know why the obsession with Dunks or Ben Whites, when you can buy great CB at much less. 

He could have Van Dijk effect for us, a proper CB. Or Koulibaly but he is realy unlikely.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we are looking at Reguilon, hopefuly we are looking at Diego Carlos too. Or even Kounde. Dude is not tallest, but has massive leap, just outjumps everyone. Bit like Ramos.

I dont know why the obsession with Dunks or Ben Whites, when you can buy great CB at much less. 

He could have Van Dijk effect for us, a proper CB. Or Koulibaly but he is realy unlikely.

Diego Carlos is good but he will not come cheap. He only recentely joined Sevilla and Nantes(his former club) gets a percentage from any potential sale. 50m will be the minimum.

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Who is Sergio Reguilón and is he the answer to Chelsea’s left back problem?

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/features/2020/8/10/21354153/who-is-sergio-reguilon-and-is-he-the-answer-to-chelseas-left-back-problem

Great article.

Strengths

Dribbling, dribbling and more dribbling!

Reguilón simply loves dribbling. And he’s good at it, too, with great technique, close control, and excellent pace making him a nightmare to deal with for opposition defenders. Only winger Lucas Ocampos and midfielder Ever Banega have attempted more.

Compared to a few other left backs, including Chelsea linked Ben Chilwell and Lucas Digne, Reguilón only ranks behind the man who took his spot at Real Madrid, Ferland Mendy. (Chilwell’s dribbling numbers are quite concerning; his success rate is the lowest at just 37%.)

Screenshot__90_.png

Verdict

Reguilón is a great-dribbling, front foot full back who carries the ball up at speed and is constantly involved in everything on the left flank. He loves pressing, he loves beating players on the dribble and he commits a lot of fouls.

His crossing is not amazing, but because he tends to cut inside, he opens up space for others on the outside. His on-the-ground passes and cutbacks are more dangerous than traditional crosses anyway.

His athleticism, willingness to run, and dribbling technique, along with a few defensive issues make him a modern fullback.

Will he solve our defensive problems? To an extent, yes, as he will be a better fit for our pressing style of play but he won’t fix all our problems at once. That said, considering that Tagliafico, Chilwell and Telles all have their defensive shortcomings in one form or another, this is something which Chelsea will have to deal with regardless of who plays left back.

Should we buy him? ABSOLUTELY. He is as good as Ben Chilwell, if not better and he is available for a significantly lower price than Chilwell. Reguilón is a left-back brimming with potential who can grow up to be an amazing full back, provided he learns to defend a little bit better.

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Went from "advanced talks" to "radio silence" in a week.

He's playing in the Europa League. Plays Wolves tonight. Also, new Tagliafico link dropped by Sky yesterday. Worded carefully - "Chelsea have expressed an interest in signing Tagliafico"

I think Chelsea is giving an ultimatum to Leicester to reduce the price or else club will sign one of the alternatives

30 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Napoli want him more it seems. And we have to sell first

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Oh. I read about arsenal and even Atletico Madrid interest, did not know Napoli were in the picture too.

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

He's playing in the Europa League. Plays Wolves tonight. Also, new Tagliafico link dropped by Sky yesterday. Worded carefully - "Chelsea have expressed an interest in signing Tagliafico"

I think Chelsea is giving an ultimatum to Leicester to reduce the price or else club will sign one of the alternatives

Waste of funds imo. Would rather have either or both of reguilon and tagliafco. Also, doubt Leicester do that, or rather I hope not.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

According to some reports,personal terma almost agreed with Napoli and Sergio Reguilon.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Well, fuck. The more I see of him the more I would like him over chil. But we have our eyes pretty much set on English players it seems.

20 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Napoli trying to get the deal done as soon as possible to get ahead of the competition from PL, mainly Chelsea. Personal terms agreement reached with the player.

we fuck this up, and then panic buy Chilwell for £70-80m and then use THAT as a reason we cant do shit anymore and I am going to go BONKERS.

As mentioned, the 
@sscnapoli
 believes that Sergio #Reguilon is the ideal left-back to reinforce the squad. Giuntoli is trying to speed up the times to burn the Premier League competition, that of Chelsea above all: a general agreement has been reached on the engagement. 
@SkySport
1:55 AM · Aug 13, 2020·Twitter for iPh

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we fuck this up, and then panic buy Chilwell for £70-80m and then use THAT as a reason we cant do shit anymore and I am going to go BONKERS.

I think Chilwell remains the main target. We're definitely interested in Reguilon but he's not the priority. Realistically though, we will not get Chilwell and will lose other good options like Reguilon in the process, which is definitely a concern.

The other stumbling block is that we first have to resolve the Havertz's transfer to see where we're at in terms of finance, and then also sell one of Emerson/Alonso to make room for any incoming LB. If we buy Reguilon now and try to sell them later in the window, we will be in a very bad negotiating position. I read everywhere that teams will be waiting until the last days of the transfer window to get players on the cheap.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You