Sergio Reguilón

NikkiCFC

But Ben is much more expensive. If that is true I hope our board put veto on Frank wish.
Matt Law and Fabrizio Romano said that Lamps is a huge Chilwell fan. Ashley Cole is a huge Chilwell fan as well lol

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Matt Law and Fabrizio Romano said that Lamps is a huge Chilwell fan. Ashley Cole is a huge Chilwell fan as well lol

That's probably true, but it doesn't mean Lampard wouldn't happily accept Reguilon instead of Chillwell if it meant £50M more money available for GK / CB signings.

There are so many areas to improve in defense it would be incredibly stupid to spend so much money on Chillwell and settle for scraps in other areas if there's a 3x cheaper option at LB available who's pretty much the same level as Chillwell. 

If Real Madrid are really selling Reguilon, it's a no-brainer to get him. Price should be less than £25M.

Chillwell will be a terrible signing - nothing special at all. Reguilon is the type of cheap player you buy who will turn into a top 10 player later. Worst case, $25m is not a massive amount if he doesn't turn out unlike chillwell

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Chilwell is good. Not great but he's definitely an upgrade on Alonso. The problem is the price. My other issue with signing Chilwell is that despite being an upgrade he's not that big of an upgrade but the market for LBs is really weak. The idea of signing him even for a fee close to 60m was more or less acceptable when we thought LB should be the priority. Now I think the priority shifted to GK and CB. We could definitely manage another year of Alonso/Azpi at LB but the idea of playing again with the same set of CB and Kepa is terrifying.

Keep the cost for the LB position at a minimum and focus on CB/GK IMO. I think it could explain why the club tried to sign Reguilon on loan.

Reguilon looks really good and he's quite young too. I would definitely take him over Chilwell based on price and age alone but trust Frank's judgment. He got his staff and scouts that provided him with detailed reports + A. Cole knows what good LB should have.

Great talent. Has a real potential to be a top top LB. Still remember watching some Madrid games where that caretaker bloke played him ahead of Marcelo and he looked talented but raw. Seen a few Sevilla games this season as well as EL games and he looks a bit more fine tuned, has real athleticism and always makes an impact in the final third. Probably cost 35m euros max, no brainer if LCFC want 80m for Chilwell.

2 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Chilwell is good. Not great but he's definitely an upgrade on Alonso. The problem is the price. My other issue with signing Chilwell is that despite being an upgrade he's not that big of an upgrade but the market for LBs is really weak. The idea of signing him even for a fee close to 60m was more or less acceptable when we thought LB should be the priority. Now I think the priority shifted to GK and CB. We could definitely manage another year of Alonso/Azpi at LB but the idea of playing again with the same set of CB and Kepa is terrifying.

Keep the cost for the LB position at a minimum and focus on CB/GK IMO. I think it could explain why the club tried to sign Reguilon on loan.

Azpi at LB is utter capitulation, its a disaster in 8 plus out of ten games, it crushes our left-sided attack

I really dont mind Chilwell, he is not a bad player. It is also unlikely that he peaked at 23 years old. Everything over 45m is too much though, and I doubt Leicester will let him go for that. 

I have seen Reguilon a few times this season and he has looked above average, but at the same time the guy is 23 and only has 1,5 seasons of senior football under him. 

I think personally that Tagliafico is the most reasonable signing. Not a flashy player but solid and experienced. Reminds me a bit of Azpilicueta. 
The only issue I have is that we are building towards a more attacking possession-based gameplan. I love Cesar as much as the next guy, but we want to move away from solid defensive fullbacks who can spot the safe pass, and have fast players who can dribble and cross. 
In the end, what is the point of having a specific gameplan if we dont recruit players that fit it? I guess maybe after all I prefer taking a risk on Reguilon over Tagliafico :D

try for Theo, and if it (it likely will, 95%+) fails, then pick one between Telles or Reguilon (super goal tonight, the game winner) or Alaba or even Gosens (Gosens would be ideal to buy next year to replace Alonso, as they are very similar, save for Gosens having better pace and being 4cms shorter, but still tall, 1.84m, same as Theo)

the club is apparently wary of Telles (27, 28 in lmid December) and Alaba's (turned 28 the end of June) ages, plus Alaba's insane salary demands and Telle's lack of Big 5 footie (1 year at Inter on loan)

Telles has 24 goals and 55 assists in the past 4 years

he has 2 goals and ten assists in major international cups

he is also one of the best corner kick takers on the planet

12 of his cumulative goals have come from open play or a free kick

I do not rate Tagliafico at any of the above player's levels TBH,, he is actually older than Telles and closer to the same age as Alaba, (Tags turns 28 this month) plus is pretty small (1.72m) and never has been that great on defence, and also has zero Big 5 league experience. He was only played in Europe since 2018, Telles at least has 6 and a half years in Euro football., and a shedload of EL and CL experience.

Digne is not going to be sold by Everton (unless we insanely tossed £60m or so their way)

Rayan Aït Nouri just turned 19, so I doubt we buy him as a insta starter at all

Junior Firpo was a semi bust (surprisingly so) at Barca, and Inter want him anyway (if we do not sell them Emerson)

Jose Gaya is too expensive at a 100m euro RC

hard pass on Alex Grimaldo

Ramy Bensebaini (1.86m, pacy, rugged defensive Algerian from Gladbach) is the only other one left on my list, and I see zero links to him from us

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Azpi at LB is utter capitulation, its a disaster in 8 plus out of ten games, it crushes our left-sided attack

I know but I'd rather have that than a LB who can't defend. With the departure of Willian all of our options on the wings don't offer much in terms of defensive output (Pulisic,CHO,Ziyech,Werner) bar Mount if you play him there and we're on the verge of adding another defensive passenger in Havertz. Whoever we sign to play LB will have to be good defensively.

1 hour ago, Rapkun said:

I know but I'd rather have that than a LB who can't defend. With the departure of Willian all of our options on the wings don't offer much in terms of defensive output (Pulisic,CHO,Ziyech,Werner) bar Mount if you play him there and we're on the verge of adding another defensive passenger in Havertz. Whoever we sign to play LB will have to be good defensively.

Reguilon has looked pretty solid at the defensive end.

Theo (as I showed in a long post elsewhere to rebut another poster who falsely said he was poor) is very solid there.

Alaba is obviously rock solid there., but has huge wage demands, and wants to go to RM, or Barca, or maybe PSG

Digne is very solid, but again, like Chillwell, is outrageously priced.

Gosens is oki defensively, but not a beast at that end.

Ramy Bensebaini is the opposite, very good defensively, but not as polished offensively.(although is not as limited there as AWB is atm)

Ferland Mendy is a good, strong defender, but Real will not sell him.

Alphonso Davies looks to be on track to becoming the best defensive LB on the planet (and superb on the offensive end as well) but will never be sold by Bayer, unless we dumped £110-120m or so (which will never happen)

Chilwell is fairly solid, but for £80m Leicester can go fuck themselves.

Renan Lodi looks really strong there, but again, Atleti will never sell him now, save for damn near Chilwell money., and he is not worth that IMHO.

Robertson obviously will not be sold.

Leonardo Spinazzola is big (1.86m) and good at defence, but I have seen zero links to him.

Stanley Nsoki is strong, and a solid defender, and has great size (1.84m) but is very, very raw and is only just turned 21, so would be a project.

Vitaliy Mykolenko of Dynamo Kyiv is also young, 21, has good size (1.81m) but he is also very raw

Telles is oki, but not a superb defender at all

Rayan Aït Nouri is only 19yo, and is a great prospect but atm is far better offensively than defensively and is nt ready, IMHO, to jump right in as a starter

that is literally it for strong, youngish LBs who are class enough at defensive play..

Alex Sandro is too old to buy for the money Juve will try to scam, but he is a great defender.

Marcel Halstenberg is a big (1.88m) strong defender, but turns 29 in a month, so too old to buy for the money RB would demand.

The ONLY 3 fullbacks (1 LB, 2 RB) worth £80m or more (all would go for more) on the planet are Alphonso Davies, Kimmich (who is also a WC DMF), and TAA.

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Reguilon has looked pretty solid at the defensive end.

Theo (as I showed in a long post elsewhere to rebut another poster who falsely said he was poor) is very solid there.

The ONLY 3 fullbacks (1 LB, 2 RB) worth £80m or more (all would go for more) on the planet are Alphonso Davies, Kimmich (who is also a WC DMF), and TAA.

As I said earlier it's a really weak market for LBs. There are no obvious affordable targets available which is why I think it would be a waste to spend big money there. I'm a big fan of Theo, I remember watching him at Alaves and thinking he was absolutely WC. He was available last summer but we had the transfer ban and I don't know if we would have been interested. Now It's unlikely Milan is willing to sell. Remember Romagnoli?

According to Marca and that spanish Sky reporter we tried to get Reguilon on loan but Real prefers permanent transfer. Loan w/ option would be ideal. I mean I like him but he's a bigger risk than Chilwell if you ignore the price(Impossible, I know). We could end up yet again with another 25M LB we'll be looking to offload in 2 years time if it doesn't work out.

You add a good GK and CB to this team and we'll already look much better. We should be focusing on those. Then if we can offload Emerson, I'll take Reguilon or someone else on the cheap with good resale value.

9 hours ago, Kajo said:

Reguilon looks really good and he's quite young too. I would definitely take him over Chilwell based on price and age alone but trust Frank's judgment. He got his staff and scouts that provided him with detailed reports + A. Cole knows what good LB should have.

Sergio and Ben are born 5 days apart, they are both born in the last 15 days of the millennial gen (born 1981-1996)

Sergio Reguilón
Born: December 16, 1996 

Ben Chilwell
Born: December 21, 1996

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You