• Giroud
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Anthony Taylor

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

While ref was crap this loss is all on us. 

Arsenal is one sorry ass team and yet we broke down mentaly like some kids. The defending was amateur level. We should comfortably win this, but todays performance was ligue 2 level. Complete disaster on mental and tactical level. 

This game actualy makes me wonder how are Jorginho, Rudiger, Alonso and Zouma pro footballers. They looked like they play footie for the first time. 

Its not the loss. Its the attitude, the spirit, the fight. We gave none. We were just shit. Accepted we will lose and couldnt even pass the ball normaly. And that against a team that is beyond crap too. 

The players deserve this shame. How the fuck can you be a pro player, get into final, play in the final against biggest rival and then put a half arsed performance like Rudiger or Jorgi did? 

If I was there I would not allow them to be anywhere near first 11 or even club. That rotten mentality, zero fight and not just that they didnt give two fucks, even if they did they still looked like complete amateurs. Kovacic and attackers were semi decent, rest of the team does not deserve this shirt. This has been going on for years now. We play well, then not. Then well again. And then games like this or Fa 2017 happen where we turn into amateurs in biggest game of the season. There is something wrong mentaly or something because we are constantly seeing a team that could beat the best and then a week later a team that would struggle in championship. 

Also what is James doing? Mount? Okay, arse arent great but you saw their young players at least put on their brave face and perform at their best. Our players were there stealing a living. Its fa cup final, you play there for the first time. Care goddamnit. Run like never before. Motivate yourself to beat those cunts. But noo lets just pussy out for entire game.

Also Lamps. Why such high line? Where was transition to attack? Why wasnt Odoi playing more? Where were impact subs? So naive...

Sorry for the rant. Hopefuly we strenghten the backline bigtime this summer. This one is pathetic.

100% agree. 

The lack of fight and desire sickens me to the core. 

James was horrific today. He was missing defensively in almost every attack from Ars. Unless Frank told him to play RW, I have no idea what the fuck he was doing. 

Rudiger... don't get me started on that clown. Frank should have a word with himself in the mirror... selecting that useless donkey in such an important game.

I just knew Arsenal were going to win today. I didn't watch any of the build up to the game.. I was hoping they would prove me wrong but I just knew it was going to be Artetas day. 

We bottled it hard and a World Class striker put us on ice. 

If they didn't have Aubameyang... we would have won even with that shocking performance. That's how bad Arsenal are and even worse, that's how embarrassing we can be to loose to such a poor team like theirs.

The moment we took the lead, we slowed the play down and started looking to pass backwards to the CBs. Allowed Arsenal back into the game and then got outplayed in the first half. 

Was drinking last night and thought it was all down to the ref's shitshow. But on reflection, we were at sea and experienced defenders with extra protection at the back do not have the discipline to keep Arsenal at bay. 

Thankfully, we should be done with Alonso, Rudi, Azpi as starters and invest in new defenders, promote Tomori 

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

While ref was crap this loss is all on us. 

Arsenal is one sorry ass team and yet we broke down mentaly like some kids. The defending was amateur level. We should comfortably win this, but todays performance was ligue 2 level. Complete disaster on mental and tactical level. 

This game actualy makes me wonder how are Jorginho, Rudiger, Alonso and Zouma pro footballers. They looked like they play footie for the first time. 

Its not the loss. Its the attitude, the spirit, the fight. We gave none. We were just shit. Accepted we will lose and couldnt even pass the ball normaly. And that against a team that is beyond crap too. 

The players deserve this shame. How the fuck can you be a pro player, get into final, play in the final against biggest rival and then put a half arsed performance like Rudiger or Jorgi did? 

If I was there I would not allow them to be anywhere near first 11 or even club. That rotten mentality, zero fight and not just that they didnt give two fucks, even if they did they still looked like complete amateurs. Kovacic and attackers were semi decent, rest of the team does not deserve this shirt. This has been going on for years now. We play well, then not. Then well again. And then games like this or Fa 2017 happen where we turn into amateurs in biggest game of the season. There is something wrong mentaly or something because we are constantly seeing a team that could beat the best and then a week later a team that would struggle in championship. 

Also what is James doing? Mount? Okay, arse arent great but you saw their young players at least put on their brave face and perform at their best. Our players were there stealing a living. Its fa cup final, you play there for the first time. Care goddamnit. Run like never before. Motivate yourself to beat those cunts. But noo lets just pussy out for entire game.

Also Lamps. Why such high line? Where was transition to attack? Why wasnt Odoi playing more? Where were impact subs? So naive...

Sorry for the rant. Hopefuly we strenghten the backline bigtime this summer. This one is pathetic.

Not sure you can blame our defender when your opp can run at you at full speed from midfield. We were playing high line against auba, we need our front line and midfield to press otherwise, it is a sprint race. 

It was a bad game for us specially how we started ... There are gaping holes in terms of strategy & execution which Lampard has to clearly to learn in a short time ... honestly I expected better from Lampard while Areta was clearly better . The long ball strategy which is so unlike Arsenal took us out of the game. Have to give credit where due, Full marks to Arsenal and the back room staff to integrate a never give up attitude ... they didnt look out of place even after they went behind, they became more determined.  

Why do we adopt the possession based or starting the attack from the back strategy when we cannot execute it in the opponents half ... I hardly see runs being made in the midfield to take away the opponents players when we start from behind. Too many back passes is just clearly breaking the momentum. We need proper defensive minded players ... Alonso could have covered the post for the second goal if it was not for that second when he waited to check Aubameyang. Small things but makes a difference. 

I hope this loss really makes the blood boils for the young ones when they saw Arsenal celebrating ... Hope this is a lesson for them to pick themselves up and delivery. If there are lessons learned from this loss and recovered next season then this loss is good else if dont learn then there is nothing to say. 

Edited by coolhead23

What pissed me off was once again we scored early and had control, and once again we started to get sloppy, give the ball away and the element of control went immediately. 

That's been a theme for me all season, it's like the players saying "Job done"

We don't control games like we should, apart from games like Watford etc but with the players we have games should be taken by the scruff of the neck and teams taken to the sword.

Now FL has seen a few bob already and come next season this theme must change.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Not sure you can blame our defender when your opp can run at you at full speed from midfield. We were playing high line against auba, we need our front line and midfield to press otherwise, it is a sprint race. 

Setting up to play the high line against Arsenal was silly. Unless we press them, we needed to drop off whenever they get on the ball or just defend deeper. Instead, we did neither and repeatedly got caught out by simple route one football, which somehow got Arteta praised by journalists for this supposedly tactical masterclass. :doh: 

20 hours ago, Jason said:

This is a proper cup tournament, not one a one-off game for a trophy like the Community Shield. 

Since we are in the final, it’s kinda BS to say it doesn’t mean much, particularly it is the FA Cup. Lots of players, especially the younger ones, haven’t won a single trophy in their career and winning it would help give that winning feeling and breed that winning mentality in the team, much in the same way it did when we won the League Cup under Mourinho in 2004. 

Yeah, you're right. This stings

13 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Thats what the subs are for! but then our subs list is also laughable. CHO, Barkley, Tammy(hasn't been the guy he was at the start of season) they showed so much promise at the start once they realized they are on the media hype train switched off *facepalm*

what do you want the manager to do, these players have come in and changed the games at times, you are as good as the tools you have. I was actually shocked when people here slated FL for not starting Pulisic against Liverpool, there are players that are impact players, Ole hardly ever started in his days at United but is still deemed a great striker. Pulisic starts the next match and bam poor outing, starts the next and is injured. we are building a new team and we need patience and understand that on the day your players can let you down. We lost to the best striker on the the day, would have loved us to win the FA but on the day we lost to the side that had a truly world class strike, even Giroud had a poor gamer. Cho, Barkley, Rudiger, Alonso, Zouma, Christensen and Azpi have not been up to scratch. 

that cunt Taylor should never be allowed to officiate any big game ever again, especially our games, the bias against us is plain obvious, but like always no action will be taken against these shit referees. Disgraceful

Problem was that Lampard is so predictable with his line up. He did not change anything compared to Wolves. Arsenal clearly struggles with pacy attackers and we only played Pulisic as a pacy attacker. Mount and Giroud are not fast enough to trouble them. CHO should have started instead of Mount. And Lampard should have brought Tammy earlier.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No, just no!

He started the post mentioning "aftv", I stopped reading then and there. 

I feel if it was not for "social media" brownie points, most of the "fans" won't even care if we won or lost.

22 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Problem was that Lampard is so predictable with his line up. He did not change anything compared to Wolves. Arsenal clearly struggles with pacy attackers and we only played Pulisic as a pacy attacker. Mount and Giroud are not fast enough to trouble them. CHO should have started instead of Mount. And Lampard should have brought Tammy earlier.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

But but Mount is Lampard's....oh never mind.