• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

8 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

Kanté is our main asset that can be sold at high price. Drinkwater and Bayayoko are loanees, so they bring us revenues. Jorginho and Barkley can be sold, but we won't get 80£ million or anything nearby, be serious, they are very much average players.

Those 3 (jorginho (40m), bakayoko (20m), Barkley (20m)). Can easily fetch 80m €. Infact won't be surprised if they fetch far more 

Also by your logic, we can't play jorginho , Barkley and now even kante as the former 2 are alreadt linked to moves away and kante "has" to be sold. In that case the only options are kova, rlc and mount. And no willian or pedro too. No kepa, no alonso/enerson. Get the gist? Half our squad is on its way out apparently. 

Again, and I repeat myself, Bakayoko is a loanee, hence he bring us revenues.

Not sure if we can get 80£ from selling Barkley and Jorginho. More like 50£ if you ask me given current circumstances. But apparently, you are in the know much more than I am. 

19 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

Really? If we buy Kai, and it seems that the deal is all done, we would have to sell Kanté to raise funds, no surprise here.. Of coure, Kanté is lacking match sharpness. Maybe he can play 30 minutes or so. But I would not put him at risk of another injury that would make the deal with Kai collapsing all together. We are talking about Wolves here, not Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munchen/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/24/needs-champions-league-football-manchester-united-leicester/

Matt Law talking about the impact of CL qualification:

"It would also help Chelsea to reject any interest in players they do not wish to sell, such as N’Golo Kante."

The club don't want to sell Kante and with CL qualification probably wouldn't have to either, at least not for financial reasons. Also said Havertz signing isn't dependent on CL qualification so it looks like that's happening regardless. And it doesn't seem like the club are anywhere close to being done in the transfer market after potentially signing Havertz so I doubt Kante's situation affects Havertz in any way. Plenty of other players in the squad who are to be sold before Kante.

As for the fitness I don't think being out for a couple of weeks suddenly means a player is not fit to play more than 30 minutes when his usual level is closer to 180 minutes a week. So if Kante is fit he will play. He has been training at full intensity for the last couple days so he should at the very least be close to a full return. Of course I'm not Lamps so I don't know his fitness levels well enough to say whether he can be picked to start or not but we could certainly use Kante doing what he does best in such a big game.

And while Wolves are not one of the elite European clubs, they're still one of the better teams in the PL and are only four points behind us in the table so not much difference there. Wolves have been in slightly better form than us since the restart too. Underestimating an opponent can be really dangerous and I sure as hell hope Frank and the team won't be doing that when they know what's at stake. For us it's a huge game, a one-off qualifier to the Champions League at the end of the season. Losing this game could have a big effect on the club's future with the financial hit so Frank must play the absolute best team he has at his disposal.

Thanks! Precisely what I said. Let's play him 30 minutes or more, if he is fit.

Just a clarification: Kanté will be sold if a good price is proposed. Of course.  

15 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

Not sure if we can get 80£ from selling Barkley and Jorginho. More like 50£ if you ask me given current circumstances. But apparently, you are in the know much more than I am. 

Bakayoko is a Chelsea player and on our books. Whatever we get from his sale will also be included in profits on the company books.

Also I quoted 60m € (54m £) for jorginho and Barkley , while you say 50m £. Hardly any difference. 

In short, literally no reason whatsoever to sell kante. 

2 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I hope so, but I think that if the deal with Leverkusen for Kai is going ahead, we will have to sell Kanté. At least to buy new CB/LB/GK. 

3 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

I hope so, but I think that if the deal with Leverkusen for Kai is going ahead, we will have to sell Kanté. At least to buy new CB/LB/GK. 

10 different posters have given you a different articles to several reasons why we will NOT HAVE to sell kante. 

If you want to be stubborn about it , that's your choice. I am out.

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

10 different posters have given you a different articles to several reasons why we will NOT HAVE to sell kante. 

If you want to be stubborn about it , that's your choice. I am out.

Out? Or out out? 👍

https://g.co/kgs/jTwdJM

I have zero faith that we will get the result needed tomorrow and reckon we will need Utd to bail us out. I honestly have no faith whatsoever in our GK and defence. Having absolute nightmares of Moutinho and Neves whipping in balls to Jimenez and Traore and Jota breaking on a counter. 

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I have zero faith that we will get the result needed tomorrow and reckon we will need Utd to bail us out. I honestly have no faith whatsoever in our GK and defence. Having absolute nightmares of Moutinho and Neves whipping in balls to Jimenez and Traore and Jota breaking on a counter. 

How many times do you want to tell us that...? :carlo: 

I would love this to bea boring draw but knowing us this will be super tight where we either collapse in the last second or somehow get it over the line hanging on for our lives.

Wolves are a very competent side   I dont want to see Jorginho from the start. we need energy in the middle,their midfielders and central defenders are notexactly quick and can be vulnerable when isolated and run at. Our match plan for most of the restart has been to work free a player onthe right to cross to Giroud. I can imagine, Boly and coady will be rather comfortable with this approach. but if we are able to get behind their wingbacks and isolate pulisic vs one of their cbs, i can see us getting pens.

Obviously we are gonna start the match by wasting 5 glorious chances as usual.

8 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Bakayoko is a Chelsea player and on our books. Whatever we get from his sale will also be included in profits on the company books.

Also I quoted 60m € (54m £) for jorginho and Barkley , while you say 50m £. Hardly any difference. 

ZERO chance, less than zero, we sell Jorginho + Barkley for only a combined £54m

have you see the prices that Marina has demanded for players? have you seen the offers she has turned down for players?

hell if Juve came in and Monday said £54m for Jorginho, I bet she would semi dig in her heels and try and go for £6 to 8m more

10 hours ago, BXL70 said:

CL is a at least 30 million as additional cash not taking into account knock-out stages + higher negotiating power for transfers. Qualifying fo the CL or not will drive our transfer market and shape our team.

smart lad

:)

10 hours ago, BXL70 said:

this is what we are looking at in terms of sales

£500-550m or so (it dicey to say exactly) worth of players here en toto (pre-COVID valuations are more when you count every single one listed) but obviously not all can be sold in one window

We need to sell (so much dregs , my head spins every time)

Álvaro Morata (Done, great business)
Mario Pasalic (Done, and yes, we got hosed for around £15m, but we had no guarantees at the time, I am not that upset)
Andreas Christensen (he has GOT to go and be upgraded upon, I would prefer both he and Zouma be sold, but that is probably not happening in one window unless we get 2 incredible buy deals tossed into our laps, which is so unlikely) I just do not see what Lamps sees in our 4 main CB's, they (and Kepa) make my tummy churn every game. Even Alonso has not done that for ages (I have been happy with his pay overall, except for that West Ham choke, arrrrffff).
Ross Barkley (if we can get say £30m, even 35m (he is English and is only 26 and is in his prime) for him, he will never be worth more (well COVID maybe lowers that a bit, but not much) plus Bayer failed to get CL then a Barks sale plus Havertz buy is only around £45-55m or so net spend)
Tiemoué Bakayoko  
Emerson
Michy Batshuayi
Davide Zappacosta
Danny Drinkwater  (SMDH)
Jorginho 
 (Juve need to cough up serious cash or work a swap deal involving de Ligt for Jorgi plus cash or maybe Emerson as I rate those 2 as being worth £70-80m-ish, although that is probably an pipe dream now that he has rebounded a bit the last 6 months)
Abdul Rahman Baba
Victor Moses    
Kenedy   
Marco van Ginkel
Juan Familia-Castillo
 (as Ajax did not exercise their option to buy, or keep him and see if he can ever be a decent LB, which looks doubtful atm, based off my watching him in Holland)
Nathan   
Charly Musonda Jr.    
Danilo Pantic  
Matt Miazga    
Lewis Baker   
Jamal Blackman
Lucas Piazón 
Jake Clarke-Salter
Izzy Brown
Josh Grant    
Richard Nartey (released)
Luke McCormick    
Jacob Maddox   

We could sell 

Kepa    (not likely, especially due to crazy wages for the next 5 years and his £72m transfer fee, ie. how much are we willing to lose of that overall)
Zouma (sorry, he is shit too)
Marcos Alonso (only if we buy two LB's which is not likely this window, I am oki with him as a the backup as he is curve ball option in certain types of games)   
N'Golo Kanté    
(only way I see him being sold is if we get Rice and a really HIGH offer comes in. Here is a reality check either way: he is injured far too often and his value has already plummeted and truly will plummet after this summer. It is complicated, and made further complicated by the fact he is NOWHERE near WC as an RMF in a 3 man MF, he simply is not that great there, other than an odd game here and there, Lampard jacked up the team forcing him back in too early)
Olivier Giroud    (I would keep him)
Rudiger  (very unlikely, especially as he is helping recruit these German players, plus I expect him to rebound, go back to a higher level of play, I know many hate him, but it is what it is and I have faith he screws his head on tight next year)

Leave on a free

Willian   (unless he renews for 2 years, which he still says no way to)
Pedro  

LAMPARD DRAWS PARALLELS WITH 2003 AS FINAL-DAY DECIDER LOOMS

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/07/26/frank-lampard-draws-parallels-with-2003-as-final-day-decider-loo?cardIndex=0-0

‘We’re not quite in that situation this time but we have an opportunity to get a position that maybe people didn’t expect us to be in...'

There is not as much on the line today as the final day of the 2002/03 Premier League season, when Chelsea faced Liverpool in a win-or-bust clash for Champions League qualification which had significant consequences for the financial health of the football club, though Frank Lampard can draw some parallels with the tension of that day 17 years ago as he prepares his Blues side to face a final-day decider of their own this afternoon.

The Blues host Wolverhampton Wanderers at Stamford Bridge with their top-four fate in their own hands; avoid defeat against the Midlanders and a place at the top table of European competition next season will be ours.

We have an insurance policy too in that a Manchester United win at Leicester City will also secure a finish in the top four for Lampard’s side, though the boss is not considering that possibility as he seeks the three points that would complete the delayed and doubted objective of Champions League qualification.

snip