• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Chelsea star N'Golo Kante ruled out of Liverpool clash as Frank Lampard issues injury update

The Frenchman is still struggling with a hamstring complaint

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/kante-chelsea-injury-news-update-18635227

FUCK

he is ALWAYS injured

wtf

so sick of this shite

we all know (or I assume we all know) that AC never, ever was the same player after that Barca disaster under Conte

well

I think that Sarri perma-wrecked Kante in the EL last year

FUCK

it's like certain players have something bad happen, and it never goes away completely

it is a rest of career haunting

sigh

Our team really can't park the bus against a side like Liverpool. You do that and you just invite their two fullbacks to smack in fantastic crosses over and over again. And with our dreadful defending from crosses.....yikes.

We've had success playing against them this season by aggressively going at them. You have to nullify their fullbacks as well as possible by pressing them and forcing them to defend. That'll likely lead to counter attacking scenarios where we are also weak.

Basically, we need to play out of our skin again and hope Liverpool have another off day. But I get the feeling that they'll be well up for this. The chance to contribute to our missing out on top 4 is enough motivation. I know if I was a Liverpool fan I'd love to make us super nervous heading into Wolves.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Our team really can't park the bus against a side like Liverpool. You do that and you just invite their two fullbacks to smack in fantastic crosses over and over again. And with our dreadful defending from crosses.....yikes.

We've had success playing against them this season by aggressively going at them. You have to nullify their fullbacks as well as possible by pressing them and forcing them to defend. That'll likely lead to counter attacking scenarios where we are also weak.

Basically, we need to play out of our skin again and hope Liverpool have another off day. But I get the feeling that they'll be well up for this. The chance to contribute to our missing out on top 4 is enough motivation. I know if I was a Liverpool fan I'd love to make us super nervous heading into Wolves.

But do we have the energy levels to do that? They have had a week off.

44 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

But do we have the energy levels to do that? They have had a week off.

Pulisic fully rested, Giroud seems ready always for 75% of the match. Willian does look tired, except he really pushed through in the ManU game. Jorginho is rested, Mount is rested. Rudiger should be good. Reece never looks winded.

I think we are good.

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Pulisic fully rested, Giroud seems ready always for 75% of the match. Willian does look tired, except he really pushed through in the ManU game. Jorginho is rested, Mount is rested. Rudiger should be good. Reece never looks winded.

I think we are good.

Mount looked knackered when he was taken off. 

Hate to say it but this may be a good game for Barkley. 

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think we may have to play a 343 now. 

Kova and Mount as the Mids?

or Jorginho and Kova?

or Jorginho and Mount?

or are you wishing to see Barkely or RLC in there somewhere?

we only have 5 healthy MFers  (thats is the total for all 3 MF positions combined) so not a lot of wiggle room

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kova and Mount as the Mids?

or Jorginho and Kova?

or Jorginho and Mount?

or are you wishing to see Barkely or RLC in there somewhere?

we only have 5 healthy MFers  (thats is the total for all 3 MF positions combined) so not a lot of wiggle room

Idk. This is probably one of the toughest decisions Lampard has to make. Formation, tactics, and players.