• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Todays Chelsea needs to turn up..not the West Ham,Palace,Sheffield,Norwich Chelsea.

We've shown we can pull the performance out and get something from it. We haven't won a League game at Anfield since think 2014 so be nice to change that.

They have sod all to play for..their fans aren't there cheering them on and creating a vibe...we have something to aim for

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think a draw would give us top 4. 

Pulisic will have had over a week of rest. Let's fucking go Puli!! 

Not if Utd win  vs westham, we lose vs wolves and leicester win vs Utd.

We should go 3 at the back again, go for the win but take the draw if we are level midway thorugh the 4th quarter.

7 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think a draw would give us top 4. 

Pulisic will have had over a week of rest. Let's fucking go Puli!! 

a draw absolutely doesn't keep us safe at all 

if manure beat CP and we draw v the dippers

65 Manure

64 Chels (63 if we lose to the dippers)

62 Leicester

going into the last games

at that point a draw or a loss to wolves, combined with a Leicester win over manure crashes us out, either straight or on GD to Leicester

also if we lose both, then all Leicester needs is a draw to crash us out on GD

also if Manure loses to Palace and we lose both, then a draw between Manure and Leicester still puts them both over us, both on GD 

if manure draw versus palace they have 63, so  a draw in the Leicester game also crashes us out if we lose both, again on GD  and points (only Leicester would do it,on GD,, the difference is Manure are guaranteed 3rd  as they would have 64 at the end, and we would be tied on points with Leicester at 63

the ONLY way to be safe going into the last game is to beat the dippers as then Leicester cannot catch us no matter what, and if Manure LOSES to CP, neither can they (they still could could tie us on 66 if they draw v Palace, as beating Leicester would put them on 66, and if we lost (not draw) to wolves (after beating the dippers) we finish on 66 as well, but they get 3rd on GD

here is the simplest way to put our situation

ALL we need is to either beat Liverpool, or beat Wolves, that is the action that ends it

just win one and we clinch CL no matter what the other 2 do and if manure loses to either palace or Leicester (and we win that one game, either dippers or wolves), we clinch 3rd even if we lose the other game

simple

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

a draw absolutely doesn't keep us safe at all 

if manure beat CP and we draw v the dippers

65 Manure

64 Chels (63 if we lose to the dippers)

62 Leicester

going into the last games

at that point a draw or a loss to wolves, combined with a Leicester win over manure crashes us out, either straight or on GD to Leicester

also if we lose both, then all Leicester needs is a draw to crash us out on GD

also if Manure loses to Palace and we lose both, then a draw between Manure and Leicester still puts them both over us, both on GD 

if manure draw versus palace they have 63, so  a draw in the Leicester game also crashes us out if we lose both, again on GD  and points (only Leicester would do it,on GD,, the difference is Manure are guaranteed 3rd  as they would have 64 at the end, and we would be tied on points with Leicester at 63

the ONLY way to be safe going into the last game is to beat the dippers as then Leicester cannot catch us no matter what, and if Manure LOSES to CP, neither can they (they still could could tie us on 66 if they draw v Palace, as beating Leicester would put them on 66, and if we lost (not draw) to wolves (after beating the dippers) we finish on 66 as well, but they get 3rd on GD

I would love it if Crystal Palace's fixture secretary was reading this post and thinking, "Crikey, we've got to get up to Manchester on Wednesday? Why didn't they tell me?" Be even funnier if the West Ham secretary was reading it and cancelled their coach. Seems like your subconscious wants to relive the last round of fixtures. Don't worry, doing whatever it has to do to block out the torture that was Chelsea vs Norwich, is a perfectly rational reaction of a sane mind. 🙂🙂

You imply, but don't outright state, that two draws on Wednesday seals champions League qualification for us. It would be nice if we could spare ourselves the tension of needing a result against wolves.

Back 5 set up. Cautiously go for the win. A draw is enough but going for a 0-0 could backfire easily and it would be tough to get out of our half and take control of the game while trailing. 

It'll be interesting to see if Lampard backs this same group to go and pull off a result against Liverpool.

I think the back 3 and wing backs suits the defensive group we have currently.

Azpi is in my opinion at best as the right centre back in a three. Rudiger seems better suited also in a back three and Alonso is obviously more suited as a wing back. I think also currently it benefits Reece James too having Azpi behind him for defensive protection as he still develops and improves that part of his game and allows him instead to focus on providing an attacking outlet for the team.

The two biggest question marks I think will be (1) do we keep Pulisic out and (2) does Kante come back in if fit?

I'm inclined to stick with the team that started against United. If Pulisic isn't 100% like has been suggested he could be a perfect impact sub for the final 20-30 minutes running at Liverpool's defence or especially if the game opens up later on. Kante similarly, if fit, I'd have him on the bench to come on and try to make us more solid if we're holding on to a lead or need to get an extra body into midfield.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

here is the simplest way to put our situation

ALL we need is to either beat Liverpool, or beat Wolves, that is the action that ends it

just win one and we clinch CL no matter what the other 2 do and if manure loses to either palace or Leicester (and we win that one game, either dippers or wolves), we clinch 3rd even if we lose the other game

simple

yes, my concern is that if don't beat Liverpool away, we would absolutely need to win against Wolves during last game of the season to be sure to secure CL spot. And Wolves have a very good team and will fight to death to secure EL spot. 

1 minute ago, BXL70 said:

yes, my concern is that if don't beat Liverpool away, we would absolutely need to win against Wolves during last game of the season to be sure to secure CL spot. And Wolves have a very good team and will fight to death to secure EL spot. 

Maybe their lineup tonight will give a hint or two but it remains to be seen how serious Wolves will take the last 2 league games. Sure, there is a Europa League spot at stake for them but they are also still in the Europa League and that is a ticket to the Champions League. Will they go full strength and risk their players getting injured? Will they rotate? Will they take things somewhat easier?

This game has to be a 343 formation again. Virtually all our best wins this season have come when we have played the formation. The only changes for me would be: 

Puli in for either Mount or Jorgi 

AC in for Zouma/Rudi. I know people are going to find this one controversial but I am of the opinion that AC has to play in games where the front lines are less physical and press high. As great as yesterday was, Zouma and Rudi still nearly pulled a brain fart special when they allowed the ball to bounce then panic as Martial pressed them. 

Every time this season when we played 3-4-3 two times in a row in second game it did not work.

Also, based on all 3 games against Liverpool this season 4-3-3 is way to go. We were the better side in all three games. And played 4-3-3 every time.

Super Cup 2:2 draw our second game of the season. League game at SB 1:2 both goals conceded after set pieces... We were dominating the game. Look at stats.

And top performance in Cup game 2:0.

I would not change any CB for Chris. Zouma and Rudi as pairing this season 4 games and 4 clean sheets. Liverpool in cup game being one.

Kova and Jorgi are essential for us in this game because we want to dominate midfield area.

18 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Every time this season when we played 3-4-3 two times in a row in second game it did not work.

Also, based on all 3 games against Liverpool this season 4-3-3 is way to go. We were the better side in all three games. And played 4-3-3 every time.

Super Cup 2:2 draw our second game of the season. League game at SB 1:2 both goals conceded after set pieces... We were dominating the game. Look at stats.

And top performance in Cup game 2:0.

I would not change any CB for Chris. Zouma and Rudi as pairing this season 4 games and 4 clean sheets. Liverpool in cup game being one.

Kova and Jorgi are essential for us in this game because we want to dominate midfield area.

Agree 100%, Frank seems to stick with the 3-4-3 after a victory only to see it fail on numerous occasions. He needs to adjust and treat each game differently, I like the 4-3-3 against pool also.