Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Who is dropped then?

Kova? Kante? One of Puli/Werner/Ziyech/Kai? ?

If Lampard plays 4-3-3 which has been suggested is his preferred formation moving forward then whoever plays as the deepest midfielder, whether its kante, kovacic, jorginho, etc is who Rice gets in front of.

He's far more suited for that role than anyone currently in our squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I am also growing on this Kante-Rice double pivot thing. Defensively it is amazing. And Kai, Timo, Puli and Hakim will give you so much upfront that every time they score less than 2 goals in the game it would be considered as a miracle. 

Chilwell and Azpi/James as full backs and Silva-Zouma CB pairing. Let's hope new GK is also good. 

After Ziyech, Werner, Chilwell and Havartz I thought we will go all in for Oblak and leave Rice and CB for next year but we got Silva and even Rice deal seems possible now so what I thought it would take 2 summers now it is possible in just one year and this changes everything for me. 

Rice going ahead of Kante is not a question for me.

For Kante himself he works best in double pivot and after that I would rather have him advanced like with Sarri than solo deeper.

Look around, almost every top team have tall, strong midfielder. Fabinho, Casemiro, Busquets, Rodri even Goretzka now. We won two titles with Matic and he was very important and also a perfect partner for Kante.

Kante-Kova did not look good many times actually last season we played our best football with Jorginho and Kovacic.

Many suggested Kante solo deeper with Mount and Kai advanced. Well, I do not think that would work very well because it is not suited for Kante and Havertz.

Havertz

Rice    Kante

Would be much better. Kante would have freedom to go up. And even if we have to play with two number 8, Rice can cover that deeper position alone like players from other clubs I mentioned so this is why he is so important and why I think he should play as a MF before CB.

Kante first on Conte list - confirmed.
I think it is a realistic possibility if we sell Jorginho or Kante.
If its between kante and jorginho...we need to get jorginho the hell out even if its at a slight loss..kante may haunt us and do a maka with 5-6 more glorious years

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

If its between kante and jorginho...we need to get jorginho the hell out even if its at a slight loss..kante may haunt us and do a maka with 5-6 more glorious years

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'd sell both and replace them with Zakaria or Rice and Alcantara or give it to Gilmour.

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kante first on Conte list - confirmed.

I think it is a realistic possibility if we sell Jorginho or Kante.

Conte wants Kante? Sure, 100 million at the very least and we'll talk. Otherwise, F O!

Just now, Artandur said:

50-60 has been reported 

I know and Inter must be taking the piss if they think Marina will sell Kante for 50-60 million. He still has 3 years left on his contract and earns 300k p/w wages. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I know and Inter must be taking the piss if they think Marina will sell Kante for 50-60 million. He still has 3 years left on his contract and earns 300k p/w wages. 

I dont see it either

Just now, Jason said:

Regarding this Kante-Inter rumors, worth mentioning that the Inter board reportedly told Conte (when they had their talks last week) that they won't be able to spend big money, the kind of money that they spent on Lukaku last year this summer. 

Inter could raise some money by selling Skriniar, Brozovic, and probably Martinez..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You