• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

you guys make it sound that we can choose between wining the FA Cup and gettign 4th. Even if we beat Utd in the semis which is improbable we still need to beat City in the final. And you guys know that Pep teams get in beast mode in finals. There is no chance of this happening. City have all their best players fit and wont make the mistake of playing false 9 in the final again. We should still try when we get there but tomorrow is just a semifinal. Rather exit there than in the final, so don't overcommit. If we by some stroke of luck beat Utd + the ref + VAR with a B-team we can still turn up for the final when everyone is fresh an rested.

Records are their to be broken.

The same argument was made 2 years ago regarding Jose's record in finals. 

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

you guys make it sound that we can choose between wining the FA Cup and gettign 4th. Even if we beat Utd in the semis which is improbable we still need to beat City in the final. And you guys know that Pep teams get in beast mode in finals. There is no chance of this happening. City have all their best players fit and wont make the mistake of playing false 9 in the final again. We should still try when we get there but tomorrow is just a semifinal. Rather exit there than in the final, so don't overcommit. If we by some stroke of luck beat Utd + the ref + VAR with a B-team we can still turn up for the final when everyone is fresh an rested.

Not sure its gana be a City final...doing some funky things.

Just now, Jason said:

This has gotten interesting all of a sudden... :lol: 

Definitely.

While facing Arsenal in a potential final is still by no means a walkover it's still way easier than playing City. I would think Lamps and Ole will have to think their game plan again, I'm quite sure both have been planning to rest some players and play a rotated squad but the increased possibility of winning their first trophy as a manager in English football could tempt them into playing full strength teams.

What an end to the season this is going to be. A few games left and it could still end with a cup trophy and qualifying for CL football for next season or it could all go wrong and leave us empty handed with nothing but EL footy.

Definitely.
While facing Arsenal in a potential final is still by no means a walkover it's still way easier than playing City. I would think Lamps and Ole will have to think their game plan again, I'm quite sure both have been planning to rest some players and play a rotated squad but the increased possibility of winning their first trophy as a manager in English football could tempt them into playing full strength teams.
What an end to the season this is going to be. A few games left and it could still end with a cup trophy and qualifying for CL football for next season or it could all go wrong and leave us empty handed with nothing but EL footy.
Ole is definitely going full strength. They are in the best position for top 4.

I hope and trust Lampard will go for it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

Definitely.

This is too much to take.

And not to mention, we'll be "playing two games" on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I hope and trust Lampard will go for it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just hope the players do as well...

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I'm not so sure. Ole could be tempted now with the 'easier' final ahead but they've looked really tired in the last few games and tomorrow will be their third match this week having already played on Monday and Thursday so it's not like they've gotten any rest. Solskjaer used the same XI five games in a row and despite looking like they were running on fumes against Southampton they still only made two changes for their last game at Palace (one of which was forced because Shaw was injured). 

For us the players have rested a couple days more than Man Utd so maybe in a better position to play full strength but it's a tricky one. Wednesday's game at Anfield is a massive one and we'd be in a much better position to get a result from that if some important players are rested tomorrow. If Frank goes for the cup glory with full strength team and still ends up getting shafted both tomorrow and against Liverpool, some awkward questions will be asked. 

Kepa - Alonso, Christensen, Zouma, James - Jorginho, Barkley, Kovacic - Pedro, Abraham, CHO

Maybe something like that? Rest the front three (Puli, Giroud, Willian) and Azpi. Could also do with 3 at the back and go with Rüdiger instead of Barkley.