• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

youth side please as I was saying in another thread...

If we lose then we can just say we didn't field our top 11. No matter what happens the 11 need to have maximum focus for liv and wolves - if it looks like we have a chance to win the semi-final at the 65th min then put on puli mount and other starters

53 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Jose just said he has no idea what we or UTD need and that he is not interested in our CL place fight.

Such a liar. Jose is one of those people in the game that you can tell is a massive fan of football and it is not just his job. Like us, he probably keeps track of everyone in the league and also what is going on the in big 5 leagues. 

Chance for getting to a final for silverware, don't rotate too heavily, put a good enough side out to do the job with 3 or 4 changes then depending how it is going make some changes to freshen guys up for the next games. I would imagine United will probably only change a few as well.

The chance to get to a final and win a trophy is key for this group and Frank as a manager. The first trophy is always the hardest. Plus it will make the season look better. But we all know still plenty to do.

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Jose just said he has no idea what we or UTD need and that he is not interested in our CL place fight.

Good on him for saying that united been lucky..by lucky he means the VAR calls.

Winning the FA Cup will not make a difference if we don't get CL. I don't want fans to use this trophy as an excuse for a complete shambles.
If we win a trophy beating Liverpool United and City its hardly a shambles.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Mana said:

Winning the FA Cup will not make a difference if we don't get CL. I don't want fans to use this trophy as an excuse for a complete shambles.

No it wont but getting a taste for trophies is also a much needed step for some of this group.... it will give some of these guys a taste of what its like to win trophies here which is essential for the likes of Mount, James, Tomori, Pulisic, Tammy, Billy etc to progress here and shape how they are as senior players/leaders in the future, as I think they will still be around 5, 6 or 7 years down the line if they keep making improvements.

Its all well and good developing, becoming good players but you need to be hungry to be successful and trophies, be it FA cups or carabao cups or league titles or CLs or Super cups etc give them the experience and hopefully make them want more and the want the bigger ones. I mean Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Cech etc were all in all top players but they were winners too. 

Plus its always nice to get a trophy regardless. Even Sarri getting the Europa last season, we knew it wasn't the best of marriages so to speak but that trophy win brought him his first managerial trophy and this cup can be the same for Frank. It shouldnt be written off. 

And nobody is saying it would make up for no CL Football but it is also a step in the right direction. I am sure OGS will be telling the United boys how serious it is as well this game and that an opportunity to play in a final is big. At big clubs you want to be competitive across the board, league, CL, the cup competitions. Its no surprise the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, Pep... some of the world’s most successful managers, have all take/taken these cups in the past seriously be it in England or Spain or Germany or Italy. All serial winners.

you guys make it sound that we can choose between wining the FA Cup and gettign 4th. Even if we beat Utd in the semis which is improbable we still need to beat City in the final. And you guys know that Pep teams get in beast mode in finals. There is no chance of this happening. City have all their best players fit and wont make the mistake of playing false 9 in the final again. We should still try when we get there but tomorrow is just a semifinal. Rather exit there than in the final, so don't overcommit. If we by some stroke of luck beat Utd + the ref + VAR with a B-team we can still turn up for the final when everyone is fresh an rested.

You just proved my point.
It’s a shambles. No one really cares about the FA Cup. I still considered Conte’s 2nd season a failure even though we won it that season.
That fans will use winning a trophy to argue the season wasn't a shambles? No shit! Winning trophies is literally the best sign of success lol.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mana said:

So tl;dr, only winning the FA Cup is still a failure, but a step in the right direction (for this squad, not the club). I can live with that.

Well almost. I mean I can picture myself already us winning the FA Cup but no CL. I'll smile like for 10 minutes, then be pissed off to no man's land.

Why you ask?

Because if THIS squad is able to reach the FA Cup final and beat no-beach mode City...with a solid performance, then it just brings more questions than answers.

Where was this performance at Anfield?

Where was this performance against Wolves?

Where was this performance when we got battered by Sheffield United?

Liverpool and Wolves games are much bigger finals than these FA Cup games. Has Lampard put priority of winning the tinpot cup over CL?

Because we're an inconsistent team, which is hardly an outrage given we have not a single world class player at the peak of his powers and training a new style of football. When you're a talented but inconsistent team then you're capable of competing with even the best sides and losing to some shit in the process.

We're at a similar stage of development now as we were in 12/13 and remember how erratic that team was? Beaten at home to QPR and Swansea but also comprehensively outplayed the Champions in their own back yard twice.