• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)

7 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Annoying kick off time 

At least we play first before Leicester, United and Wolves. Can go third with a win. Let's see how we fare this time...

Leicester are at Arsenal. Wolves go to Sheffield United. United go to Villa.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

At least we play first before Leicester, United and Wolves. Can go third with a win. Let's see how we fare this time...

Leicester are at Arsenal. Wolves go to Sheffield United. United go to Villa.

Hopefully we can come out on top and  not worry so much about their results.

Man U aren't dropping against Villa..least Leicester and Wolves can. Though we need to win this one first otherwise eek.

Am tempted to say we should start Pulisic on the bench and bring him on if/when needed, especially after Kante's injury tonight.

giphy.gif

We are Pulisic FC right now, without Puli our offense is nothing.

If we score 2 goals, just sub him off.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

We are Pulisic FC right now, without Puli our offensive is nothing.

If we score 2 goals, just sub him off.

That's cute because you are assuming we won't concede any goals. :lol: 

Important must win game. 

Hope jorginho starts if kante and kova are unfit. Can't have a debacle like Leicester with Gilmour. I know he is mega talented, but the kid must have lost the ball double digits times in just over 60 odd minutes since the restart.

Can't risk it at the moment

Kepa

James Christensen zouma azpi

Barkley jorginho mount

Willian Giroud Puli

Even if Lampard wins this game, if Jorginho doesn't play I'll be disappointed. Because he is not using the full squad to his advantage.
He has some grudge over Jorginho over something. It's quite obvious, like he did with Giroud and Pulisic eariler in the season.
Giroud has only nice words to say about Lampard. He says that Lampard keeps his word

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

Even if Lampard wins this game, if Jorginho doesn't play I'll be disappointed. Because he is not using the full squad to his advantage (well he hasn't been doing that for a long while now actually).

He has some grudge over Jorginho on something. It's quite obvious, like he did with Giroud and Pulisic eariler in the season.

He's managed Pulisic's integration excellently, not to mention improved him hugely.

Giroud isn't going to come out and talk against his boss is he? Unless he goes all Diego Costa.
But saying in every interview that Lampard is true to his words is not something, a player that does not like his coach, would say. Giroud would also not have signed a new deal if Lampard would lie all the time and have a personal grudge towards him

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

Eh. You can say that, but at the same time I think it's a stroke of luck IMO. He has yet to do this with any other player, 

How exactly is it a stroke of luck? As talented as he was at Dortmund he lacked end product and decision making (if you don't believe me check the underwhelming reactions to his signing), if you want to blame the set piece issues on the coaching then they equally deserve praise when a player makes such a metoric rise under their watch.

And when I say Lampard managed him perfectly he took him out of the firing line. He was anonymous in August (bar the super cup) so he gave him some time out instead of trying to make him play his way out of a rut which wouldn't have been a good idea, look what happened to Christensen when Conte took that approach.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

How exactly is it a stroke of luck? As talented as he was at Dortmund he lacked end product and decision making (if you don't believe me check the underwhelming reactions to his signing), if you want to blame the set piece issues on the coaching then they equally deserve praise when a player makes such a metoric rise under their watch.

And when I say Lampard managed him perfectly he took him out of the firing line. He was anonymous in August (bar the super cup) so he gave him some time out instead of trying to make him play his way out of a rut which wouldn't have been a good idea, look what happened to Christensen when Conte took that approach.

Great post.

At the start I was skeptical about his exclusion but FL introduced him back in and that paid off as he got a chance to play without that immediate pressure of being one: a direct replacement for Eden and two: being fully rested as he featured in the Gold Cup for the US NT after a season where he was in and out and injured at Dortmund. 

I do feel the lack of end product thing at Dortmund is a bit over the top though. Considering his age when he broke into their squad and the seasons that followed, the fact he was involved in 45 goals (19 G 26 A) in 127 games (which imo is still a decent contribution for a winger of that age playing in one of the top 5 leagues and European competitions such as the CL and EL), I think it was always obvious he had something but the consistency needed to come a bit more frequently to bring him on more. Its not only the same with Pulisic, I think if you look a but closer say at Raheem Sterling prior to his move to City there was similar concerns, had shown in streaks and spells he had talent but the consistency or the end product wasnt always perfect but it was there at times. Not to say FL hasnt had a hand in improving Christian, I think he has obviously and you can see that this season he has more goals and assists this season than he has had in a single campaign at Dortmund so the signs are promising but I think they were always there that he could do this regularly be it here or at a Dortmund with a little bit of fine tuning.

Obviously there are the freaks of nature such as Mbappe etc who have amazing stats from 18 onwards too but not everyone can be them or end up that good. 

He has got everything to be a top top player though. Undoubtedly. Cant believe there were huge concerns at the start.