Mikel John Obi

Badboy

...but he's fine to close a game down.

And Zouma will improve if he plays there more. I'd like Schweinsteiger so he can play alongside Matic and Cesc can go up or rotate with him - I'm sorry but the fact that Mikel is being linked to Al Ain explains his quality, or lack thereof. Even young Zouma can pass sideways and sit in front of his CBs.

If we wanted a proper back up to Matic then I'd be thinking about somebody like Song.

what is this obsession with song, i will never get it!!! the guy has been shit for the last 2-3 years. just watch how poor he was for barca. he continously loses his defensive focus.

mikel is still here. he got 1400 minutes last season. zouma can "do the job" for the last 5 minutes, but mikel would be a good 15-20 minute sub -cameo appearance where we can control the game as per our liking. i dont expect that off zouma and infact, no one should. he is a 20 year old CB and should be played as one. moreover, we have like 6 senior defenders, zouma will and should get plenty of oppurtunities to play as a CB.

i did say, unless there was a massive upgrade and included the 2 names who would be those massive upgrades (vidal and bastian), then it would make sense to sell mikel. buying someone like song, i am sorry, but it makes no sense to me. i would be much happier having mvg be that backup to matic.

what is this obsession with song, i will never get it!!! the guy has been shit for the last 2-3 years. just watch how poor he was for barca. he continously loses his defensive focus.

mikel is still here. he got 1400 minutes last season. zouma can "do the job" for the last 5 minutes, but mikel would be a good 15-20 minute sub -cameo appearance where we can control the game as per our liking. i dont expect that off zouma and infact, no one should. he is a 20 year old CB and should be played as one. moreover, we have like 6 senior defenders, zouma will and should get plenty of oppurtunities to play as a CB.

i did say, unless there was a massive upgrade and included the 2 names who would be those massive upgrades (vidal and bastian), then it would make sense to sell mikel. buying someone like song, i am sorry, but it makes no sense to me. i would be much happier having mvg be that backup to matic.

MvG is a b2b though, isn't he?

Actually maybe keep Mikel for one more season. See how Pasalic gets on at Monaco in his DM role (unless they find space for him to play b2b) and look again next summer.

MvG is a b2b though, isn't he?

Actually maybe keep Mikel for one more season. See how Pasalic gets on at Monaco in his DM role (unless they find space for him to play b2b) and look again next summer.

jose used mvg as a DM in 13-14 pre-season as well as the couple of matches he played. also, even bastian/vidal are not really DMs.

i would have mikel over some 10-15mil DM like song. inspite of the shit given to him, he is quite useful, specially in closing out a game. he might not be a good passer, the most adventorous spirit, yada yada yada, but he definitely knows how to close the game down. so unless we are getting a MASSIVE UPGRADE on him like vidal/bastian, i dont want him to leave for someone like song. no thank you.

Every game I remember when mikel came, we lost the lead and drew or lost...

Mikel is like an old sofa you can't get rid of.

Linked with a move every single window but never goes.

If Obi Mikel is still in the squad of the next-season Chelsea first team, it means that Chelsea has NO ambition on Champions League.

If Chelsea targets at defending Premiership title, Obi Mikel is just enough. To completing for Champions League, Obi Mikel is completely helpless to bench depth of Chelsea.

Every game I remember when mikel came, we lost the lead and drew or lost...

thats weird

sporting - 15min cameo - 0-1 win

everton - 10min cameo - 3-6 win (it was 3-5 when he came on)

burnley - 10min cameo - 1-3 (1-3 when he came on)

city - 27min - 1-1 (0-0 when he came on)

villa - 13min - 3-0

arsenal - 21 min - 2-0

manu - 23min - 1-1 (1-0 when he came on)

spurs - 14min - 3-0

whu - 10min - 2-0

villa - 17min - 1-2 win (1-2 when he came on)

palace - 45min - 1-0

all in all, there were 2 matches where we conceded after mikel was brought on.

city match, a mistake by schurrle, united match iva got a red and a goal from set piece.

infact we dint lose a single match and drew just once (since the score was 0-0 in the city match when he got subbed in)

so........

thats weird

villa - 13min - 3-0

arsenal - 21 min - 2-0

spurs - 14min - 3-0

whu - 10min - 2-0

palace - 45min - 1-0

city match, a mistake by schurrle, united match iva got a red and a goal from set piece.

infact we dint lose a single match and drew just once (since the score was 0-0 in the city match when he got subbed in)

so........

Essentially, when mikel is introduced all attacking instincts go out the door and we park the bus hoping and praying that Thibo going to save us........

And yea the city and united games were the top of my head, but a few times, he was introduced and if it chaos...

So, unless your betting on Thibo to save us everytime, Mikel is not and should not be an option. He can do one thing well, play as dm/cb when the bus in park and even than, I don't think he plays that well. Jose already had a better dm on the first team and he loaned him.

Essentially, when mikel is introduced all attacking instincts go out the door and we park the bus hoping and praying that Thibo going to save us........

And yea the city and united games were the top of my head, but a few times, he was introduced and if it chaos...

So, unless your betting on Thibo to save us everytime, Mikel is not and should not be an option. He can do one thing well, play as dm/cb when the bus in park and even than, I don't think he plays that well. Jose already had a better dm on the first team and he loaned him.

so courtois saved us in 10 off those 11 instances?

thats strange. but since the numbers are good enough, i will go for it.

united game - we were totally in charge. we had the game by the scruff of its neck only for iva to fuck it up.

city game - if you think, chelsea getting dominated by a man down city is mikel's fault, then i have nothing to say to u.

who is this DM exactly that we are talking about?

thats weird

villa - 13min - 3-0

arsenal - 21 min - 2-0

spurs - 14min - 3-0

whu - 10min - 2-0

palace - 45min - 1-0

so........

Saved me some work here, wanted to post the same thing.

I don't know if you are trying to be a troll here or just being a Mikel hater but if you are gonna blame someone for that, then look at the man who's making all the decisions on the sidelines - Mourinho.

It's fine that people don't rate Mikel but it's just plain stupid people blame him for practically everything whenever something bad happens on the pitch, even when he's not at fault for anything at all.

I don't know if you are trying to be a troll here or just being a Mikel hater but if you are gonna blame someone for that, then look at the man who's making all the decisions on the sidelines - Mourinho.

It's fine that people don't rate Mikel but it's just plain stupid people blame him for practically everything whenever something bad happens on the pitch, even when he's not at fault for anything at all.

true... one out of eleven...

However it's just as silly to say he's useful because he does a job (close out a game) when a vast number of players are capable of doing the same: the so called defensive midfielders.

Honestly, for 75K reckon we could do better than Mikel... other clubs have better options on the bench.

true... one out of eleven...

However it's just as silly to say he's useful because he does a job (close out a game) when a vast number of players are capable of doing the same: the so called defensive midfielders.

Honestly, for 75K reckon we could do better than Mikel... other clubs have better options on the bench.

75K/Wk is not at all a lot now. Josh McEachran makes 40K/Wk. Very hard to find players as good as Mikel in Europe's top divisions who earn more. Also, Mikel costs nothing on amortized fees because he's been here for ages. He's currently our second least expensive first team player on our books after only Salah (if he stays).

Financially, Mikel is great for the club.

I blamed jose multiple times for his ultra defensive tactics, but Mikel as a player what does he bring?

He's already in his prime and playing out of position here. Probably has lost motivation as a football player and needs a change of scenery.