Mikel John Obi

Badboy

• I was telling people that Torres was an extremely ordinary footballer while he was scoring all those goals for Liverpool.
  • Many people think that Makelele was the most underrated player of his era, my opinion is that he was the most overrated.
  • I am not hurt by Lampard's City move because I never loved him him the way many of us did. While recognising that he found ways to contribute, I never fully believed in his talent, always felt we could improve by replacing him and tended to suspect an element of selfishness in his play.
  • I cringe every time I read that Drogba is a great hold up player. As far as I'm concerned he has never been more than ordinary at it. (And I'm being generous.)
  • I have always described as a myth the idea that Oscar fades as the season progresses. People just get increasingly fed up with him is all. In my opinion he's below the required standard all season long.

I honestly feel that Mikel is a manager's man kinda guy. He would simply do whatever the manager instructs and that's why he has stayed through so many managerial changes IMHO. Would also explain how he can give such different performances like when he does for Nigeria. He probably isn't starting quality like you said and seeing Matic at his best just makes him look poor in comparison. But he I don't think he's as bad as some people make him out to be.

That being said I think it should be time for him to move on. I would rather see Ake and RLC have a chance.

Also interesting points you have there. I actually agree totally with your opinion on Lamps. Have to say I respect his hard work though, I don't think he was talented in the same way as say Ronaldinho or xavi/pirlo etc but he worked bloody hard and was a model of consistency. In the same way I don't think CR is as talented as Messi but it takes incredible work to be that good week in, week out and keep yourself in top physical condition.

But could you elaborate on Drogba? I can't really think of many players with better hold up than prime Drogs. Is Giroud your kinda guy? Genuine question here, would love to hear your views.

It's true, we actually won the FA Cup vs. Manchester United with Mikel at CM.

However, Mikel loses his merit - only guy to Park a bus!

Luiz ( last season), Matic and Zouma can do what Mikel can do!

But Mikel can't do what the three former guys can do!

Now, Zouma can replace his role!

I admit that Mikel is a nice guy and a key player to win UCL 2012, however, Mikel is helpless to Mourinho phase 2's Chelsea.

If Chelsea wants to dominate EPL in future several years and win UCL again, Mikel as substitute cannot fulfill these goals!

Chelsea need a good substitute for Matic and Fabregas to avoid the latter two guys from are overloading. Mikel fails to do so! (Zouma? don't forget Chelsea has not enough DF, DMC is just his optional position!)

However, Mikel loses his merit - only guy to Park a bus!

Luiz ( last season), Matic and Zouma can do what Mikel can do!

But Mikel can't do what the three former guys can do!

Now, Zouma can replace his role!

I admit that Mikel is a nice guy and a key player to win UCL 2012, however, Mikel is helpless to Mourinho phase 2's Chelsea.

If Chelsea wants to dominate EPL in future several years and win UCL again, Mikel as substitute cannot fulfill these goals!

Chelsea need a good substitute for Matic and Fabregas to avoid the latter two guys from are overloading. Mikel fails to do so! (Zouma? don't forget Chelsea has not enough DF, DMC is just his optional position!)

What happens when one of our starting CBs are injured and Zouma has to slot in there? No one else can do the Mikel job then.

What happens when one of our starting CBs are injured and Zouma has to slot in there? No one else can do the Mikel job then.

One of Past Luiz, now Matic and Zouma can replace Mikel's role!

But Mikel can't take a role of one of three!

Also, parking a bus by Mikel still does not guarantee zero goal conceded!

He can still in be the team not because he is very useful, but because no other team is willing to pay high salary to him as Chelsea!

Chelsea needs to buy one fit DMC rather than keep Mikel!

I'm a big fan of Zinedine Mikel aka Franz Mikelbauer aka Diego Armando Mikeldona aka Lionel Mikel aka Lothar Mikel aka John Obi Ronaldo aka Mikelinho aka Mikelé aka Hristo Mikel aka Roger Mikel aka Abedi Mikel aka John Obi Mikeldini aka Johan Mikeluyff aka Mikelébio but to fully integrate someone like RLC Mikel probably should go. That is of course if Mou plans on giving RLC a real run of substitutions and even starts against some of the bottom-third teams next seasons...

That was impressive.

• 4 weeks later...

Mikel can join Asamoah Gyan at Al Ain in Dubai. Mikel representatives will meet with Al Ain officials on Friday to begin negotiations

http://africanfootball.com/news/536577/EXCLUSIVE-Talks-begin-for-Mikel-to-join-Gyan-in-Dubai

Mikel can join Asamoah Gyan at Al Ain in Dubai. Mikel representatives will meet with Al Ain officials on Friday to begin negotiations

http://africanfootball.com/news/536577/EXCLUSIVE-Talks-begin-for-Mikel-to-join-Gyan-in-Dubai

Hopefully, but I have a little concern about our pivot backup. RLC, Ramires and Ake, not convincing me enough. Especially with Ramires health problems.

Show him the money!

If he was to leave I'm fairly sure we will sign Schneiderlin or Gustavo which would be an improvement anyway.

Or Song.

Another club in the UAE have just paid £10m for Gervinho so hopefully we can get something similar.

shame he`s essentially retired from competitive football still in his 20`s and with no health concerns. the time has come for him to depart atleast a season ago.but would think he could start for a lot of bigger clubs playing in better competitions.

no need to buy any midfielders unless somebody higher up the pecking order departs,imo we should just give his place in the squad to one of our youngsters.