Mikel John Obi

Badboy

There is no hate from me. I think he's a shitty player, especially for a top club. That has nothing to do with hate, which honestly sounds like rhetoric to me. :rolleyes: I don't "like" the players I consider good, and I don't "dislike" the players I deem insufficient. I don't know them and they really don't mean anything to me - the same way i don't mean anything to them.

Disagree again, a player who accepts a minor role is deadweight. A footballer without ambition doesn't belong at this level.

You couldn't even let a small praise by Jose go without making a comment that really added nothing (because Jose mentioned Mikel as an example of a squad player so he is actually saying that he is a bench player, but you just had to say it in a mean way) but insults the players abilities and efforts. If that is not hate then what do you call it? Dislike? Over-criticism? Obsession??

You couldn't even let a small praise by Jose go without making a comment that really added nothing (because Jose mentioned Mikel as an example of a squad player so he is actually saying that he is a bench player, but you just had to say it in a mean way) but insults the players abilities and efforts. If that is not hate then what do you call it? Dislike? Over-criticism? Obsession??

Dislike (of his game) -> sure as I watch him today I think he is our worst player on the pitch by a fair margin. Terrible on the ball even though he's the one midfielder who's not being tight marked.

Over-criticism? Obsession?? -> your opinion

Dislike (of his game) -> sure as I watch him today I think he is our worst player on the pitch by a fair margin. Terrible on the ball even though he's the one midfielder who's not being tight marked.

Can't judge today because I've missed most of the match, but on his past few performances, if he's been as bad as you claim, how come he keeps getting starts and has established himself as the main rotation player?

Weren't you just saying:

Believe in what Jose does, not what he says.

Well, Jose has put a lot of trust in the past month in Mikel.

Can't judge today because I've missed most of the match, but on his past few performances, if he's been as bad as you claim, how come he keeps getting starts and has established himself as the main rotation player?

Weren't you just saying:

Don't disagree with the second part - already said that myself though not the whole month as other players were not available. Need more time on the first one as only now he will be in contention with the other midfielders.

Again, I've seen enough of Mikel to know what he can and cannot do. Our opinions won't change on this.

Weren't you just saying:

he was pretty decent today. broke the play perfectly, our back 4 was hardly troubled which goes on to show how good both our DMs were. matic was exceptional and mikel had a good game.

He was actually decent today again. Broke up play well and did his job. Okay, playing him sacrifices our ability going forward but we were very solid defensively today and Mikel alongside Matic was a very important part of that.

made a glut of tackles and interceptions. but his passing was sloppier than usual

he has played well recently. but if this 2 man holding idea continues to be used. i think we would be well served getting an upgrade.schneiderlin and witsel seem obvious choices.

Even if you are not fond of a player you should be big enough to give credit when it is deserved. He was not on Matic level tonight but he was good and did his job well. But you are saying "he is our worst player on the pitch by a fair margin". Jesus Christ! Some people. He was very solid. The whole team put in a good performance but Willian for instance did not have a better game than Mikel.

Even if you are not fond of a player you should be big enough to give credit when it is deserved. He was not on Matic level tonight but he was good and did his job well. But you are saying "he is our worst player on the pitch by a fair margin". Jesus Christ! Some people. He was very solid. The whole team put in a good performance but Willian for instance did not have a better game than Mikel.

That's exactly my problem with him: he's mediocre. Now if mediocrity is what you look for in a chelsea's rotation? player, then I have to disagree.

Let me put it this way. Every other player in our starting XI would have been Stoke's key player (or at least very close to key in Cahill's case), except Mikel. What Mikel did today, nothing special really, N'Zonzi could've done it the same or better (with more energy).

You can disagree with what I just wrote, and that's fine, but don't ask me to be big, to be nice, which sounds weird to be honest. I'm not a judge, and this is my pastime. We are talking about millionaires who don't give a crap about any of us; getting a hash critique from a random poster is included in their fat paycheck.

For those that remember, Mikel in the teenage tournaments, essentially a CM/AM(ish) rather than a DM.

Cringed when Jose attempted to mold him into the Makalele.

Talent waste.

Actually it was under Scolari he started playing there in a full time basis.

Of course, that must be the only possible explanation. :rolleyes:

--

Now I believe in what he said; disagreeing or not wasn' the point as I dislike Mikel as a footballer. I find extremely naive to believe anything Jose says to the press, so I tend to pay attention to what he does, not what he says. Mikel starting today makes me believe Jose really thinks what he said... there is another explanation, but we will only find out in a month or so.

He also said, that "he and Fabregas knew very well what his true position is back then" which in the contest at the time, was CM. So, things change, and his positions to the press are, let's say, inconsistent.

Having a player like Mikel on the squad means youngsters will never play. I really can't agree with that.

So we ditch an experienced player who has played in multiple high pressure games at the highest level and instead throw in an kid?

So we ditch an experienced player who has played in multiple high pressure games at the highest level and instead throw in an kid?

Yes, that's called developing youngsters...

Come on...our third striker is 27yo, so yes, the youngsters will never play.

Yes, that's called developing youngsters...

Come on...our third striker is 27yo, so yes, the youngsters will never play.

There's a difference between developing youngsters and chucking away vital expierence for unproven kids.

We tried that after the double, and it took us years to recover from that major error which in my opinion was an even bigger mistake than signing Torres.

For those that remember, Mikel in the teenage tournaments, essentially a CM/AM(ish) rather than a DM.

Cringed when Jose attempted to mold him into the Makalele.

Talent waste.

Can't agree DH. If he was good enough as an AM/CM there would have been no need, and therefore no attempt, to mould him. He was not, and is not, good enough however.

Now because mikel is actually playing well, it seems his haters are at a loss of argument, so the latest argument os that mikel alone is stopping pur youth from developing. There was TOPTB who used to say that the sole reason mikel was here was cos he had to get an english citizenship or something. Arguments just get weirder and weirder.

Mikel is a very good squad player. And he is showing why? Tactically he gives us something very different from rambo and cesc. Moreover he is an experienced player who has the know how of the highest stage can not be and will not be replaced by a chalobah (who can't get a minute at burnley) or ake. Even if he leaves we will get a proper replacement like khedira or either of mvg/romeu to replace him.