test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

Mikel John Obi

Started by Fulham Broadway,

6,469 posts in this topic

What a legend :o

To play such a brilliant game with something so big on his shoulders- amazing! It really shows his chatacter to fight on and do his job despite this large saddening circumstance. I hope these bastard that abducted his father is brought to justice, and that he comes back to his home unscathed and with no injuries.

Hadn't realised yesterday that he was under such immense pressure, hope his dad will be OK. I'd admire his attitude to carry on, saying that he didn't want to let down the team and his family.

What a man. I cannot imagine what kind of character it must take to play through something like that and do such a professional job. Above and beyond anything I could ever imagine and the utmost respect to John Obi. Really hope everything works out, something similar happened with Joseph Yobo's Dad I think and, although never offcially, I think a ransom was paid because he was released 10 days later unharmed. Fingers crossed this all ends well. Kind of puts football into perspective doesn't it?

Madmax and BlueLion. like this

He shouldn't have played the stoke match. I pray GOD give him the strength to cope with this problem and hope his father is released from captivity alive sooner than later. From the looks of things, Mikel's dad is probably being used as a leverage to claim ransom.. . . it's a sad world we live in.

Shocking news, well done to Mikel for being strong though. Hope his father is returned safely and unharmed. Again, well done Mikel, I'm praying for you man.

These days in football, seeing acts of loyalty are scarce in a game where we constantly pay over the odds for players who show no commitment for the team or fans to repay their generous salaries.

John Obi Mikel is a delightful anomaly. The fact he still asked to play is one of the most courageous things I've seen from a Chelsea player, or any player, in a very long time. What's more is, he didn't let it affect his performance as he was solid throughout as usual.

Absolute hero. :clap:

Maybe his relationship with his father isn't that strong to affect him enough :D just throwing the thought out there... :whistling:

Maybe his relationship with his father isn't that strong to affect him enough :D just throwing the thought out there... :whistling:

He obviously does because he's distraught over it and said he will pay any amount to get his dad back.

He obviously does because he's distraught over it and said he will pay any amount to get his dad back.

Sickening the lengths people will go to for money.

I don't think it's your place to speculate on that and I think it's a bit sick you'd even suggest such a thing without any basis in fact.

Anyway hopefully now a line of contacts been established things will all end well.

I don't think it's your place to speculate on that and I think it's a bit sick you'd even suggest such a thing without any basis in fact.

I'd become a hell of a journo... should think of it

just messing, didn't think that seriously