Mikel John Obi

Badboy

With the squad that we have right now, I'm glad he gets the odd game once in a while to maintain some match fitness...if Matic weren't able to start, we would have no one in a similar mold for a holding mid, now that David Luiz has left.

You can see why hes in the squad. Matic really had a mixed game as did Ramires and they struggled at times to give the back 4 protection. Mikel came on when he did, made us a bit more solid and it ended up being a very good substitution.

You can see why hes in the squad. Matic really had a mixed game as did Ramires and they struggled at times to give the back 4 protection. Mikel came on when he did, made us a bit more solid and it ended up being a very good substitution.

Precisely. He's nowhere near as bad as people make out. He can be utterly horrific at times, but sometimes he can be really, really impressive - but I think that's why we're so easily frustrated by him. It's like, sometimes, he doesn't give a damn.

Whilst there are lots of posts frothing at the mouth over Mikel's contribution for the last goal and rightly so as he finally showed some talent that members on here keep telling me he possesses in his locker but has rarely produced, so credit where credit is due. However as I like to play devils advocate lets also look at his first contribution too. He conceded the foul that led to Everton's third goal (oh go on you doubters get on your download of the game or You Tube and check - you know you want too!) Luckily we went on to score 2 more so neah bother but his arse must of been tweaking till we scored again!

He is still in the squad for 2 reasons, the first and has rightly been pointed out is that we couldn't shift him and I'm not going into the politics of that but i concur with it, secondly Romeu and Van Ginkel prob in jose eyes don't possess the experience that Mikel has so he has been given the nod - just, but I bet it was a close call, not sure on the clubs stance with Romeu but certainly with Van Ginkels case I think after his injury he needs to play regularly so the club can assess whether he will feature next season or not, however with the clubs recent policy on loan players to get round FFP then one or both next summer could be sold with Mr Jon Obi most definitely joining them.

As for José rating Mikel, well he certainly doesn't trust him to start unless he has no choice, that was evident last season when he selected a out of form CB ahead of him to play in all the big games and only trust his services to 'shut up shop' at a games finale, good management but thats how good managers become great ones.

Put my neck on the line, he should be given a chance. Probably not against city though but after.

Either you play a pivot with two players who protect the defence as much if not more than they initiate attacks. Matic and Ramires have not done that.

Or you play with one which solely sits in front of defence so the five in front can play with a little less responsibility on each player. Matic hasn't done that.

But Mikel can ;) and I have wanted this guy out the team for years!

Play him and matic. Let matic get forward. And Mikel sit deep