Mikel John Obi

Badboy

What, Kalou and Bosingwa are no longer Chelsea players? Malouda never even gets a game? Sturridge and Torres played a part in the goals? Hmm ... who shall we point the finger at? Step up, John Mikel Obi. We have our man.

He has exclusively owned those rights to be our worst man , as soon as he is out we are a lot better.

50% of the problem is an overstatement for me.

Ivanovic is not a natural right back, Terry is past his prime and is slower and slower. Mikel and Lampard playing deep in midfield is not good.

I remember Gerrad Lampard in the midfield playing for England in the world cup 2006, it was awful. Good players but they were not used to play in that system.

The team lacks mobility in the back and in the deeper positions in midfield.

The team doesn't lack mobility in the back , only JT is not mobile enough and he can be covered by Luiz , Iva and Cole who are all very mobile for defenders , the problem is in deeper positions in midfield as you said.

The combination of a double pivot is always a (ball winner,defense protector) and a (ball distributor,deep play-maker) , that's Mikel and Lamps but unfortunately Mikel doesn't win any balls and doesn't add any help to the defense , that's not lampard's fault ....

Mikel can't make the simplest of passes under-pressure , and can't retain possession when pressed by opponents , i don't think that's Lampard's fault ......

Lampard is not a very good deep lying playmaker but he is average , Mikel on the other hand is average he is well below that !!!

He has exclusively owned those rights to be our worst man , as soon as he is out we are a lot better.

Completely wrong. Actually Mikel returned to the team when AVB left, and it is needless to say that the team has become much better since. I am in no way attributing the success to Mikel's presence, just saying that your claim is wrong.

Regarding yesterday, wasn't Mikel's best game by far, but the criticism is way over the top. First we were out numbered in midfield and thanks to Lampard's bad performance Mikel was left alone against 3 mancity midfielders. He lost the ball quite a few times, that's a fact, but I don't think he, or any other DM, could have done much better.

Completely wrong. Actually Mikel returned to the team when AVB left, and it is needless to say that the team has become much better since. I am no way attributing the success to Mikel's presence, just saying that your claim wrong.

This statement is wrong. It isn't because Mikel has returned to the team that we were better once André Villas-Boas has been sacked. We were shit under the portuguesh because a bunch of players, with Lampard at their helm, wanted badly to sack him. Once he wasn't here anymore, they didn't have any reason to keep playing passionless and effortlessly. That's how the truth is.

This statement is wrong. It isn't because Mikel has returned to the team that we were better once André Villas-Boas has been sacked. We were shit under the portuguesh because a bunch of players, with Lampard at their helm, wanted badly to sack him. Once he wasn't here anymore, they didn't have any reason to keep playing passionless and effortlessly. That's how the truth is.

I did not say he caused our success!

Completely wrong. Actually Mikel returned to the team when AVB left, and it is needless to say that the team has become much better since. I am no way attributing the success to Mikel's presence, just saying that your claim wrong.

I did not say he caused our success!

Bro, I didn't put words in your mouth. We cannot compare our team under AVB and under RDM. Because, under the portuguesh, the players were playing with the aim the get their manager to get sacked ; under RDM, the players played to redeem themselves towards the fan, to prove they were right to sack their coach, and to win the CL. So, whether the team looks better with Mikel or without him, we cannot work it out regarding what happened in the few months following the departure of AVB.

I might have misspoken in my previous post !

Bro, I didn't put words in your mouth. We cannot compare our team under AVB and under RDM. Because, under the portuguesh, the players were playing with the aim the get their manager to get sacked ; under RDM, the players played to redeem themselves towards the fan, to prove they were right to sack their coach, and to win the CL. So, whether the team looks better with Mikel or without him, we cannot work it out regarding what happened in the few months following the departure of AVB.

I might have misspoken in my previous post !

No worries mate. I completely agree with every word in that post. I'm afraid that the effort that our 'old guard' put in last season to prove AVB at fault is misleading to a lot of fans. I have actually spoken to a few of our supporters who actually believe that we are the best team in Europe :fainthv9: It was mental strength, imho, and sheer will that won us the CL and FA cup last year, not talent unfortunately.

Anyway, my badly worded point in the first post was that the system, and manager, has changed since Mikel was last out of the team, so we cannot say if the team is better or worse without Mikel since he is not the only variable.

I've seent it! Ok maybe mikel isnt a world class DM. But he is far and away our biggest problem. If we bought tiote, our transition and build up play would still be what is holding us back. So you better get off it, because we won't be seeing another DM this window.

And you have the nerve to say I'm a troll?.

To Mikel critics, i would like to see a lists of DMs that you guys prefer over Mikel.

And that's where Mikel's critics fall short. There aren't too many quality DM's (like a Davids or a Makelele) out there. Of course you could argue that Javi Martinez and Tiote are good candidates for a double pivot, but there's no chance in hell we'll get them over here for a decent amount.

Watched the game again. I really fail to see how Mikel was supposedly the cancer in the team. The double pivot as a whole is a problem, it just doesn't work without our forward players dropping a little deeper - it forces Lampard to go up to try and link up play which leaves Mikel exposed.

Whenever Mikel got the ball he was swarmed by City players. That was the problem. Lampard, instead of running all over the pitch to close down, should've been an outlet for Mikel. We would've kept possession a lot better in that way.

The double pivot failed, not just Mikel. If you didn't watch the game and came on here for some reviews you would've thought Mikel lost us the game, but it was a collective thing.

What I don't understand is how people can question his whole CFC career after one bad game. Mikel can go on a run of 5 good games and he'd perhaps be below average in one and he'll get slated. It isn't fair IMO.

If Mikel turned in bad performances week in week out then yeah, we need a new DM. BUT he doesn't.

<p>

To Mikel critics, i would like to see a lists of DMs that you guys prefer over Mikel.

Yaya Toure - Tiote - De Rossi - Busquets - M'ville - Song - Mascherano - Vidal - Javi Martinez - Cambiasso - Javi Garcia(Benfica) - Parker - Romeu - Fellaini .

<p>

Yaya Toure - Tiote - De Rossi - Busquets - M'ville - Song - Mascherano - Vidal - Javi Martinez - Cambiasso - Javi Garcia(Benfica) - Parker - Romeu - Fellaini .

:lol: Is that it? I was expecting to see a list of a 1000 players which contained a couple of League 2 players in there, the way you guys go on about how shite Mikel is.