Mikel John Obi

Badboy

He had his worst game in years.

He lost the ball 6 times already, last season he only lost it 20 times in total. Huge drop. But he'll get it together, I'm sure of that. You don't just go to shit overnight, especially if you're don't get injured.

I don't want to start the blame game this early, but Mikel didn't have a good pre-season. I don't think I would have picked him for this game based on current form.

Nobody is saying he's a scapegoat or anything !!!

Let's use a car analogy, you just upgraded the turbo and suspension, stuck some new tyres on etc.

All of a sudden the brakes that used to be awesome just ain't cutting it no more and may need upgrading!

That's how I now feel about Mikel...

Good player, but we need World Class in that role.

Man some of you guys really don't like mikel... Like at a personal level.... Anyways I don't see him as the problem, he needs a better partner in midfield. All mikel does is breaks up play, and does short passes to players around him. If he had a midfield maestro by his side we wouldn't be so slow. Lampard also isn't disciplined enough to be mikels partner.

Man some of you guys really don't like mikel... Like at a personal level.... Anyways I don't see him as the problem, he needs a better partner in midfield. All mikel does is breaks up play, and does short passes to players around him. If he had a midfield maestro by his side we wouldn't be so slow. Lampard also isn't disciplined enough to be mikels partner.

Mikel breaks up play?.

Mikel breaks up play?.

I've seent it! Ok maybe mikel isnt a world class DM. But he is far and away our biggest problem. If we bought tiote, our transition and build up play would still be what is holding us back. So you better get off it, because we won't be seeing another DM this window.

I've seent it! Ok maybe mikel isnt a world class DM. But he is far and away our biggest problem. If we bought tiote, our transition and build up play would still be what is holding us back. So you better get off it, because we won't be seeing another DM this window.

How would you know what we'll be seeing in this window, your not Roman Abramovich or Di Matteo.

u honestly think we'll buy a dm when a new rb and a new rw are our highest priorities??

why not, Essien is just an average midfielder now, haven't seen much of Romeu since his poor olympics showing and Meireles isn't really a DM....hence our only DM in the first team is Mikel, which is quite frightening.

Good call

Who would you play alongside Mikel then, if not lamps?

He does break up play, but was a little sloppy today at times...

why not, Essien is just an average midfielder now, haven't seen much of Romeu since his poor olympics showing and Meireles isn't really a DM....hence our only DM in the first team is Mikel, which is quite frightening.

were gona have to use romeu and essien because mierles is gona be out of the door, and the price of new top class dm is too much to spend in one window.

Kalou , Bosingwa and Malouda were usually bashed and criticized by fans , they simply deserved it ..

Mikel now is our most bashed and criticized player , and rightly so , replace mikel with someone like a prime essien or tiote and 50% of our problems are gone , he regularly gives position away , incapable of making the simplest of forward passes , no pace , no drive , no mobility and his positioning is really questionable at times.

Ivanovic is certainly at fault , but IMO it's mikel who has cost us the game and will continue to do so  ,  Romeu over him everyday of the week .

Good call

Who would you play alongside Mikel then, if not lamps?

He does break up play, but was a little sloppy today at times...

I don't think our squad has any prime time passers, that can also put in a defensive shift. We all know MRLSH is average, Josh isnt experienced and flimsy, Oscar can dictate play but I would hate too see his composure in tight spaces go to waste and we don't know if he can be that effective from deep. We are going to have this problem until we buy a new CM, which I don't think will happen until next season after Lampard leaves the club on a free.

It is quite amazing how people can be so affirmed about Mikel after one game. He wasn't class yesterday yes but nor were 75% of the team.

To me it's so naive that he's scapegoated for the loss. It's easy to pick on Mikel because he doesn't score/assist regularly but still... Some perspective needed IMO. It's quite dumb to write off a player based on one game IMO.

I wonder if Torres would've been slaughtered on here too if he had the same game but just didn't score. My bet is that people would be crying for the board to press the panic button and buy Falcao or Cavani or whatever.

We'll see anyway. RDM has faith in Mikel and sees him as his first choice, we've rarely been linked with a DM... That's all that matters to me.

What, Kalou and Bosingwa are no longer Chelsea players? Malouda never even gets a game? Sturridge and Torres played a part in the goals? Hmm ... who shall we point the finger at? Step up, John Mikel Obi. We have our man.

What, Kalou and Bosingwa are no longer Chelsea players? Malouda never even gets a game? Sturridge and Torres played a part in the goals? Hmm ... who shall we point the finger at? Step up, John Mikel Obi. We have our man.

Yeah, it's going to be Lampard and Mikel as the popular scapegoats.

Kalou , Bosingwa and Malouda were usually bashed and criticized by fans , they simply deserved it ..

Mikel now is our most bashed and criticized player , and rightly so , replace mikel with someone like a prime essien or tiote and 50% of our problems are gone , he regularly gives position away , incapable of making the simplest of forward passes , no pace , no drive , no mobility and his positioning is really questionable at times.

Ivanovic is certainly at fault , but IMO it's mikel who has cost us the game and will continue to do so , Romeu over him everyday of the week .

50% of the problem is an overstatement for me.

Ivanovic is not a natural right back, Terry is past his prime and is slower and slower. Mikel and Lampard playing deep in midfield is not good.

I remember Gerrad Lampard in the midfield playing for England in the world cup 2006, it was awful. Good players but they were not used to play in that system.

The team lacks mobility in the back and in the deeper positions in midfield.

For all the fellas saying we are making Mikel the new "scapegoat", DID YOU ACTUALLY SAW HIM PLAY. WTF He was like 10 times worst then every other player on the pitch.There was like 20 minutes period of time (early second half) when he didn't touch the ball even once, which for DM is fuking JOKE.Football forums are so fuking pointless really and prime example is this thread.