Mikel John Obi

Badboy

He is a good player but I don't think he fits the attacking and controlling football. In defensive football he is very good at what he does. He likes to spend time on the ball which in turn allows players to nick the ball off him and so I believe he needs cover in the midfield which is very lacking when Lamps is his only partner.

To be honest i don't think he fits anything.

Probably defensive football, when we where holding out our own last season under RDM, he was pretty decent then. But as our new starting XI and we are to be the new Chelsea to try and win things, he is not good enough to be our DM, especially starting DM.

He had his worst game in years.

He lost the ball 6 times already, last season he only lost it 20 times in total. Huge drop. But he'll get it together, I'm sure of that. You don't just go to shit overnight, especially if you're don't get injured.

No, Oriol Romeu put in better performances than Mikel has ever put in ever for this club. Romeu was class when he was under AVB, just class.

Where as for Mikel he is always average and will never be... good enough.

Fair enough lets keep him if you all love him that much for rotation, but please you all should accept we need a new DM, even Essien unfortunately is not even a good replacement for him.

From what I can remember Mikel always does bad against City.

I guess he don't like their high tempo pressing game, and big guys like Yaya!

You're going to get that in the premier league, Mikel might do well in Serie A as it's a different type of league, but this leagues much more aggressive.

Ppl say he is attacking liability but its the same thing in his defending.In such high-tempo games the guy obviously got no clue where to stand and who to cover and thats just a minor thing.He got outmuscled everytime on the ball (yeah Chelsea's DM got owned everytime !!!).I mean he is fuking pathetic, really.Just focus on him for one game and if you have any brains you'll easily see what we are talking about.

No, Oriol Romeu put in better performances than Mikel has ever put in ever for this club. Romeu was class when he was under AVB, just class.

Where as for Mikel he is always average and will never be... good enough.

Fair enough lets keep him if you all love him that much for rotation, but please you all should accept we need a new DM, even Essien unfortunately is not even a good replacement for him.

As much as I disagreed with your Hazard post, I agree with this post 100%

Mikel is a good 'squad' player, nothing special.

WE really need a player like Toure - he owned everything today and showed how we should do it...

For me importance on signings should be:

1) world class DM (for pivot)

2) recognised RB

3) second striker

Mikel does dilly dally on the ball.. he always has done.. it really is annoying considering that he has bags of ability. Lampard is a fucking liability in the double pivot role.... I have a bad feeling that we won't address this issue before the transfer window closes....

Mikel today was nearly as bad as the start of the Olympics closing ceremony...!

... yeah cuz everything was mikel's fault in this game..

These are the most arrogant and stupid posts you can make, it honestly is.

Did i say this is all Mikels fault?, no i don't think i did, my opinion he was the worst player on the team he really was. I'm not saying it's all his fault, but he's not good enough. He's a nice guy, and a quiet lad and i do have respect for him as a person and i would actually get his autograph if i met him and a picture. But i'm not going to be blinded by anything, look i love Essien, but i think we need to move on and sell him as he's finished. Mikel is not good enough, and if he had potential, he would show it. Every player shows if they have potential, they don't just start playing shit over and over again then suddenly turn into world class players.

Mikel isn't even in top 10 DM's in the premier league, even the likes of Steve Sidwell who is an all round central midfielder does a better job in defence than Mikel, i'd also rather play Meireles there, even if his marking is terrible.

These are the most arrogant and stupid posts you can make, it honestly is.

Did i say this is all Mikels fault?, no i don't think i did, my opinion he was the worst player on the team he really was. I'm not saying it's all his fault, but he's not good enough. He's a nice guy, and a quiet lad and i do have respect for him as a person and i would actually get his autograph if i met him and a picture. But i'm not going to be blinded by anything, look i love Essien, but i think we need to move on and sell him as he's finished. Mikel is not good enough, and if he had potential, he would show it. Every player shows if they have potential, they don't just start playing shit over and over again then suddenly turn into world class players.

Mikel isn't even in top 10 DM's in the premier league, even the likes of Steve Sidwell who is an all round central midfielder does a better job in defence than Mikel, i'd also rather play Meireles there, even if his marking is terrible.

Are you kidding me? haha yeah he didnt have a good game but fuck me mikel is a really good DM one of the best in the premier league....