test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

Mikel John Obi

Started by Fulham Broadway,

6,469 posts in this topic

Definitely.

Still can't believe he played despite that. Imagine the emotions he was going through, especially if he'd have scored that goal. I think we can all understand if he heads back to Nigeria soon.

not even id want josh to get his break under those circumstances

Lamps did that with his mom, now Mikel... we have a spirited bunch of players tbh. Let's just hope he isn't dead or anything.

Such a shame that shot didn't go in. Would of been unbelievable playing under all that stress and worry. Let's hope he turns up safe and sound. Credit to mikel for playing today, shows a lot of character from the lad.

i should imagine Andre gave him the option...i`m guessing Mikel wanted to play to try and escape from his current private hell for a lil while or because he thought it would be something his dad would want him to do.

hope his dad shows up safe.

p.s. i couldn`t read the link,for some reason my screen freezes when i click on links..so just going off what`s printed on here.

I pray that they find him soon and that he is okay. I can't imagine not knowing where a loved one is or what happened to them.

According to SSN article, brother of Joseph Yobo was abtucted too in 2008 and he return to home after 10 days I hope Mikel's father will back to home even faster!

hope his dad is fine and it is not the first time mikel plays for us under enormous pressure, he hasn't participated with his national team for many times that I can remember, because he was injured, he even refused to play at the worldcup despite being named captain... not many are so matured and calm in they're head as mikel, and thats one thing I really love about him, he always states he want to end his career with us, from day one and he never said he was regretting not joining manboo, the best thing about it actually is, I believe him...

so kudos and hope his dad comes back healthy...

Statement on Mikel reports

Everyone at Chelsea Football Club was very concerned to hear that John Mikel Obi's father has been reported as missing and possibly abducted.

We will give Mikel and his family our full support at this most difficult time.

http://www.chelseafc...2420805,00.html

Horrible news. What courageous character he showed by playing yesterday AND playing as well as he did. These are the types of players you want on your team.

Mikel's commitment to the cause of Chelsea Football Club can never be under doubt from here on in.

Hope his dad is safe and these abductors don't do something untoward.