Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I think some people will run mad when they see Mikel playing week in week out under Jose.. If players are considered surplus to requirement, the are being released. If he is a liabity as one cunt suggest then he should be released.

Has no one made the point that SeB's statistics are being used to compare him with other CMs in a league that lacks any real depth there? The Supercup is going to show people how poor he is (in back to back games nonetheless) unless we're playing with 10 behind the ball.

Aha...So if chelsea plays poorly its because of mikel and if they play well its not because of mikel despite him playing....just getting to discover that some fans here are not Cfc fans but fans of some specific whow players.

Excuse me? The fact is when we get dominated by other big clubs, it's because of our midfield, you simply cannot argue that. If you want to, then you don't know as much as probably think you do about the sport. So what are the problems with our midfield? The fact one spot is occupied by Lampard/Ramires and the other is the the level of Mikel. He's not a world class player and it will be exposed every time we play one of the top 4-5 clubs in the world. Shaktar, Juventus, and City bossed the fuck outta us and it's because of those 2 reasons. If Ramires is going to be played in the pivot, he can't have the size of the burden that gets placed on him when he's next to Mikel because he's not really being played in a position that will make him excel. Some may say, "why does Ramires get the pass and not Mikel"? That is also very simple, he's supposed to be a holding midfielder that protects the back 4 and he does not.

I think some people will run mad when they see Mikel playing week in week out under Jose.. If players are considered surplus to requirement, the are being released. If he is a liabity as one cunt suggest then he should be released.

oooh, people don't agree with me, I am gonna start calling them cunt.

People like you will be put on suicide watch next year when Ramires, Essien, Ginkel, Lampard relegate him to the bench.

and he can't be released because the club has 5 year contract with him (you can thank emanalo for that). Till no team bids for him, chelsea can't do anything and we all know that is not going to happen. No team will buy such a useless player.

Aha...So if chelsea plays poorly its because of mikel and if they play well its not because of mikel despite him playing....just getting to discover that some fans here are not Cfc fans but fans of some specific whow players.

YES. Some people like you and your compatriots are not Chelsea fans, just Mikel fans who have bandwagonned along to Chelsea. We know that.

regarding that accusation, here is a logical flow diagram that should help you.

IF Mikel starts and

1. Chelsea play well: Mikel had a part to play in Chelsea playing well

2. Chelsea played poorly: Mikel had a part to play in Chelsea playing poorly

IF Mikel does not start, Mikel gets no credit/blame if Chelsea plays well/poorly.

Excuse me? The fact is when we get dominated by other big clubs, it's because of our midfield, you simply cannot argue that. If you want to, then you don't know as much as probably think you do about the sport. So what are the problems with our midfield? The fact one spot is occupied by Lampard/Ramires and the other is the the level of Mikel. He's not a world class player and it will be exposed every time we play one of the top 4-5 clubs in the world. Shaktar, Juventus, and City bossed the fuck outta us and it's because of those 2 reasons. If Ramires is going to be played in the pivot, he can't have the size of the burden that gets placed on him when he's next to Mikel because he's not really being played in a position that will make him excel. Some may say, "why does Ramires get the pass and not Mikel"? That is also very simple, he's supposed to be a holding midfielder that protects the back 4 and he does not.

Am still yet to be convinced by most posters, mikel retains possession far better than ramires and is more comfortable on the ball than even lampard, infact that's his greatest strength so when you say we do not boss midfield because of a Defensive midfielder it sounds odd when we have arguably 4 other midfielders ahead of him especially when he is not even a DLP and has a great burden trying to defend, that's like saying gareth barry is responsible for city's dominating football or scot parker for tottenham for me possession is the responsibility of the team and some teams are better than others because its basically their style of play e.g barca, bayern, juve but certainly has not been our style of play in this Roman era. And for all points made i will take posters that criticise chelsea players who ever they may be at face value except the manager who trains this players says so or does something to suggest such.

Mikel - Van Ginkel will be tough to work, since mikel will pass the ball sideways or backwards, which will force van ginkel to come back to recieve the ball, then pass it to Mikel and make a run forward, Mikel will again pass the ball sideways or backwards. which will force van ginkel to come back and receive the ball, then pass it to Mikel and make a run forward, Mikel will again pass the ball sideways or backwards. which will force van ginkel to come back and receive the ball,then pass it to Mikel and make a run forward, Mikel will again pass the ball sideways or backwards. which will force van ginkel to come back and receive the ball,then pass it to Mikel and make a run forward, Mikel will again pass the ball sideways or backwards. which will force van ginkel to come back and receive the ball, It will be an endless LOOP. Sorry was getting bored, but i dont like Mikel, and this is truly how i think about his style of play.

I'm sorry, but that's just a myth. According to Squawka, Mikel played 65% of his passes forward last season which really incredible considering the lack of forward passing options we had. As opposed to 62.2% for Lamps and 63.7 by Ramires.

I'm sorry, but that's just a myth. According to Squawka, Mikel played 65% of his passes forward last season which really incredible considering the lack of forward passing options we had. As opposed to 62.2% for Lamps and 63.7 by Ramires.

Bit difficult to pass backward when even your CBs are more mobile than you and end up going farther up the pitch.

Thats like saying Cech is the most positive/attacking player in the chelsea team as 100% of his passes are forward.

and that also explains why he looks better in possession than Ramires and Lampard. Amateur watchers will not understand that since he hardly looks to trouble the opposition with the ball, they let him have his own sweet time on the ball. Ramires n Lampard on the other hand regularly move higher up the pitch, have better shots on them, are more adventurous with passing.

But I don't expect biased and novice fans to understand this.

Diego Simeone (Athletico Madrid's coach) shared these thoughts after our UEFA super cup defeat at their hands last year.

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/mikel-is-one-dimensional--diego-simeone

Bit difficult to pass backward when even your CBs are more mobile than you and end up going farther up the pitch.

Thats like saying Cech is the most positive/attacking player in the chelsea team as 100% of his passes are forward.

and that also explains why he looks better in possession than Ramires and Lampard. Amateur watchers will not understand that since he hardly looks to trouble the opposition with the ball, they let him have his own sweet time on the ball. Ramires n Lampard on the other hand regularly move higher up the pitch, have better shots on them, are more adventurous with passing.

But I don't expect biased and novice fans to understand this.

Diego Simeone (Athletico Madrid's coach) shared these thoughts after our UEFA super cup defeat at their hands last year.

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/mikel-is-one-dimensional--diego-simeone

Why can't you ever make a post without personal insults? :rolleyes:

You KNOW that what you just wrote is not right. Mikel is never our deepest man. And moving our ball forward from the pivot to the front four was arguably our biggest problem last season. Mikel is also the player who is constantly under the most pressure in our midfield because his teammates use him as an outlet when under pressure because of ball retention skills.

On any account, I have long ago given up on any "discussion" with you about Mikel. My post was in reply to The Rising Sun in regards to the claim that Mikel only passes backwards which is obviously a myth since stats show he is the one who passes forward the most among our central midfielders.

Why can't you ever make a post without personal insults? :rolleyes:

You KNOW that what you just wrote is not right. Mikel is never our deepest man. And moving our ball forward from the pivot to the front four was arguably our biggest problem last season. Mikel is also the player who is constantly under the most pressure in our midfield because his teammates use him as an outlet when under pressure because of ball retention skills.

On any account, I have long ago given up on any "discussion" with you about Mikel. My post was in reply to The Rising Sun in regards to the claim that Mikel only passes backwards which is obviously a myth since stats show he is the one who passes forward the most among our central midfielders.

look at you taking the moral high ground while completely ignoring the fact that mikel plays deeper than ramires n lampard n hence that 2% diff is not a positive.

and you are right that our problem last season was moving the ball forward from pivot. That is because we played the woeful John Obi Mikel there. Whenever he was replaced by other players, our gameplay and results were much better.

I know you don't argue with me about mikel because I have exposed your lies about him time n time again.