Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Words can't describe how impressive John Obi Mikel is turning out to be. He's shown glimpses of class and composure in the past, but not to this standard. What's better, is that he's producing performances of this calibre on a frequent basis now. Mikel himself says he enjoys playing football under Di Matteo as he feels he believes in him - if this is what can happen to players given some extra belief, what have all the previous managers been playing at? He's like a new signing. Hopefully whoever is in charge next season can maintain his confidence levels and we can continue to witness his progression and development in that holding role. Faultless tonight, as he has been for a few months. Great distributor of the ball, and has seemingly calmed down with those risky challenges he was subject to which can only be a good thing!

Nice work, Roberto.

I always said he's not a Chelsea type of player, and in all honestly maybe i'll say it more in the future (i hope not),

but god damn... the performance he gave today.... it was a Makelele kind of performance. Just amazing game by him.

Such confident and so effective. MOTM in my opinion. well after Drog i guess...

And dont get me wrong, he was great in many games in Chelsea- especially in those last 2 months under RDM.

Hope he'll keep on that improvment.

His performance was as close to perfection as anything has ever been. I don't remember him missing a single pass yesterday.

"Take a bow son, take a bow"

His performance was as close to perfection as anything has ever been. I don't remember him missing a single pass yesterday.

"Take a bow son, take a bow"

I saw him miss a few passes, one in particular being when he lofted it out wide towards Bertrand or Cole you couldn't say, with his left peg and it went wayward for Lahm to pick up and counter into another threatening attack. Though he has been soo, soo much better recently.

That Robben article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9278333/John-Obi-Mikel-told-former-Chelsea-team-mate-Arjen-Robben-he-would-miss-penalty-for-Bayern-Munich.html

If anyone now says Mikel is an average player, they should be banned from the forums. He was probably our best on the night. Incredible performance, he could have kept Zidane in his pomp quiet.