Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Tahiti are a poor team but people need to stop downplaying the quality of the pass. Ramires for example doesn't have the vision nor technique to pull it off.

He's given much more freedom to attempt those type of plays for his country something he isn't afforded at Chelsea.

Pretty sad to see how much abuse some of our players get. Sturridge got a similar treatment during his time here and after his move to Liverpool most realised he actually wasn't shite after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2jPIAUv7LVk#t=26s

What does that has to do with anything? It was a brilliant pass regardless of the opposition, just like Oscar's pass was a few days ago.

Do try to cut down on all the hate, it's not good for you.

Are you serious?

Oscar pass had to be weighted perfectly.

On your picture, there was 40 meters between Tahiti's line of defense and the goal.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure there are good looking DMs in the Championship and League 1, but that doesn't make them fit enough to put on a Chelsea shirt. Heskey also bangs them in for fun in the A-league and Bebe looked stellar in the Homeless World Cup.

I think disregarding the level of opposition is a nonsensical argument.

I disregarded the level if opponent because I was not judging his whole performance. I did not say he was brilliant against Tahiti. I said it was a brilliant pass. That pass took great vision to spot and excellent passing technique to execute just right. That has nothing to do with the opposition.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure there are good looking DMs in the Championship and League 1, but that doesn't make them fit enough to put on a Chelsea shirt. Heskey also bangs them in for fun in the A-league and Bebe looked stellar in the Homeless World Cup.

I think disregarding the level of opposition is a nonsensical argument.

To be honest he scored a few goals lol but he wasn't banging them in every game missed a few sitters as well

I disregarded the level if opponent because I was not judging his whole performance. I did not say he was brilliant against Tahiti. I said it was a brilliant pass. That pass took great vision to spot and excellent passing technique to execute just right. That has nothing to do with the opposition.

And Torres scored 22 goals this season, some great ones in the Europa League, but I can't find many people here who want him to be at the club.

Another example is Mata. Scored a nice goal against my own country the other day, but I didn't think much of it because I know how bad Ireland are and I know how good Mata is. I expected him to score (at that moment) because the gulf in quality. The same way Mikel is expected to execute such a pass because he's the best player on the pitch.

Don't regard my criticism of Mikel as trivial hate. He's a good lad, but I think a club such as Chelsea should move past such an archaic type of DM. However, I do think it's trivial to praise one good pass against what is the closest you'll get to an actual 'pub team' and in a game that ended 6-1.

I find myself agreeing with a lot of your arguments, but just not when it comes to some on Mikel.

And Torres scored 22 goals this season, some great ones in the Europa League, but I can't find many people here who want him to be at the club.

Another example is Mata. Scored a nice goal against my own country the other day, but I didn't think much of it because I know how bad Ireland are and I know how good Mata is. I expected him to score (at that moment) because the gulf in quality. The same way Mikel is expected to execute such a pass because he's the best player on the pitch.

Don't regard my criticism of Mikel as trivial hate. He's a good lad, but I think a club such as Chelsea should move past such an archaic type of DM. However, I do think it's trivial to praise one good pass against what is the closest you'll get to an actual 'pub team' and in a game that ended 6-1.

I find myself agreeing with a lot of your arguments, but just not when it comes to some on Mikel.

Again, I'm not discussing his performance which is of course expected to be great because he is by far the best player on the pitch, I'm talking about that pass in particular. It was a great pass. It's not a big deal, it's just a pass and I was just making a remark that it was a great pass just like I made a comment that Oscar's was a great pass as well. It would have passed a regular remark just like the one about Oscar if some people didn't get butt-hurt every time someone gave Mikel a deserved compliment. So, I'm sorry Mikel made a great pass if it is going to hurt you so much.

So some people have said that Chalobah isn't ready because he's only played at Championship level (which is a quick way of saying they haven't watched many of his matches this season), but we're seriously discussing what Mikel does against Tahiti?

Look, he's a nice chap who is a decent player...but fuck me if he isn't the most divisive player that we've had at this club for a long time. Personally I've never left the Bridge thinking he had a really strong game. I don't know many people who have either, but the amount of arguments he causes far outweighs his talent or level of importance so for that reason alone it would be refreshing to ship him off.

Kalou detractor and a fan of Mikel's play. One wasn't fit to be a starter for any PL club (and earned more than some) while the other used to be amongst our top 4 most technically astute players up until a few transfer windows when we started signing the likes of Mata. Up until last season he was (in my eyes) the easiest player to pick for our starting XI after the likes of Cech and A.Cole.

On a more relavant note, I see the tiring discussion regarding his value/talent absolutely redundant and only wonder whether Mou will be the first Chelsea manager to experiment with him since he did back in the day (apart from a brief attempt by AVB). Mikel's ability to hold the ball under any sort of pressure and lay it off perfectly for a speeding runner could be quite usefull further up the pitch.

well look who finally crawled out from under a rock! :lol:

Some of you guys need to calm down. As much as I find myself disagreeing with Cholo on a constant basis, he was merely commenting on his pass (albeit against a pub team). Nothing more. He wasn't using this as any basis for an argument as to why Mikel should stay, just showing a good pass.

Blimey. Thread has gone quiet for the past 2-3 days. @CHOULO19 basically just praised the execution of a pass (only 1 pass!) and suddenly here we go round and round again with the Mikel debate... :doh:

I know.....how could Choulo have known this would happen...... :ph34r:

Kalou detractor and a fan of Mikel's play. One wasn't fit to be a starter for any PL club (and earned more than some) while the other used to be amongst our top 4 most technically astute players up until a few transfer windows when we started signing the likes of Mata. Up until last season he was (in my eyes) the easiest player to pick for our starting XI after the likes of Cech and A.Cole.

On a more relavant note, I see the tiring discussion regarding his value/talent absolutely redundant and only wonder whether Mou will be the first Chelsea manager to experiment with him since he did back in the day (apart from a brief attempt by AVB). Mikel's ability to hold the ball under any sort of pressure and lay it off perfectly for a speeding runner could be quite usefull further up the pitch.

I think this makes perfect sense when you put it along the news reports that Mourinho wants to sell Mata. I can see Mikel fitting right in the AM spot. NOT

on a serious note,

he plays that pass against Tahiti and we are discussing his ability to "lay it off perfectly for a speeding runner"

Good Lord.

and the experiment which AVB did with Mikel was: Relegate him to bench. This is most likely what Mourinho will do.

Mikel will then try and find a new club, will not get a satisfactory offer and leech off the club till 2017.